Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tvjones T-armonds..if you are a dynasonic fan

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

Tvjones T-armonds..if you are a dynasonic fan Empty
PostSubject: Tvjones T-armonds..if you are a dynasonic fan   Tvjones T-armonds..if you are a dynasonic fan Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 8:44 pm

really impressive these tvjones t-armonds, didnt expect them to sound better than jones p90s I had in my last tele. As well, Marc Rutters
built me a tele body from sugarpine w/ a knottypine top, nice
and twangy but way more cluck than alder.
Here's a crappy video with a quick riffin' in all positions. ..of course you know I ran it through my nocturne brain seltzer preamp

Tvjones T-armonds..if you are a dynasonic fan 23671_1242761761884_1614563026_581807_7920232_n
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
JC

JC

PostSubject: Re: Tvjones T-armonds..if you are a dynasonic fan   Tvjones T-armonds..if you are a dynasonic fan Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 10:05 am

Good timing with this video Tavo,
As you know in another post I bought a 6120DSV with Dynasonics. I gigged with it last weekend and whilst it sounded great in the garage, on stage and at volume the pickups sounded pretty thin and weak, plus if I turned toward my amp to make any adjustment they would feedback like crazy!

So do you think I should invest in a pair of tvjones t-armonds?

Cheers
John
Back to top Go down
http://www.raveon.fourfour.com
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Tvjones T-armonds..if you are a dynasonic fan   Tvjones T-armonds..if you are a dynasonic fan Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 10:17 am

JC wrote:
Good timing with this video Tavo,
As you know in another post I bought a 6120DSV with Dynasonics. I gigged with it last weekend and whilst it sounded great in the garage, on stage and at volume the pickups sounded pretty thin and weak, plus if I turned toward my amp to make any adjustment they would feedback like crazy!

So do you think I should invest in a pair of tvjones t-armonds?

Cheers
John

these dont sound thin and weak at all and I will mention that my buddy has a 6120DSV that gave him the same problem. (this was prior to the creation of t-armonds) he sent his pkups in for rewinding
by Tvjones and that guitar sounds pretty sweet now (on my beerbilly channel, I'm using it with
a silverface deluxe reverb for a demo).

regarding the feedback.. well I dont know what to say about that since I grew up playing a hollowbody
with original deArmonds and drive boxes made those squeal.
the T-armonds in my tele with my blonde will start feeding back when I have either my Tim pedal boost going or Barber overdrive but not the nocturne.. maybe an increased gain thing??
All to say, any single coil pkup wound over a big wide bobbin seems to have microphonics and buzzing
at an intensified level in comparison to other standard (think strat/tele) size singe coil'ers IMO
Back to top Go down
chunkymac

PostSubject: Re: Tvjones T-armonds..if you are a dynasonic fan   Tvjones T-armonds..if you are a dynasonic fan Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 1:54 am

is that a glendale bridge on that beauty
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Tvjones T-armonds..if you are a dynasonic fan   Tvjones T-armonds..if you are a dynasonic fan Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 1:52 am

chunkymac wrote:

No way, no sir! ruttersguitars.com mills the bodies, and all hardware. Marc uses some very high
grade cold rolled steel to compete with the likes of glendale and callaham.
I got the vintage half bridge with stainless steel barrels.
Back to top Go down
chunkymac

PostSubject: Re: Tvjones T-armonds..if you are a dynasonic fan   Tvjones T-armonds..if you are a dynasonic fan Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 1:57 am

tvthewiredturtle wrote:
chunkymac wrote:

No way, no sir! ruttersguitars.com mills the bodies, and all hardware. Marc uses some very high
grade cold rolled steel to compete with the likes of glendale and callaham.
I got the vintage half bridge with stainless steel barrels.
cool will look them up,
just bought a t-shirt as well my friend, so rest assured you will get plenty of advertising in London for your great pedal of seltzerness
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tvjones T-armonds..if you are a dynasonic fan   Tvjones T-armonds..if you are a dynasonic fan Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tvjones T-armonds..if you are a dynasonic fan
Page 1 of 1