Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

OK...so I'm excited...

Go down 
+5
Kiki
Pinkpiratekitty
Rickabilly
lisathegreaser.
WildCat
9 posters
AuthorMessage
WildCat

WildCat

OK...so I'm excited... Empty
PostSubject: OK...so I'm excited...   OK...so I'm excited... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 5:48 am

...BSO on DWTS? w00t!!! bounce bounce bounce

cat
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/wildcat794
lisathegreaser.

lisathegreaser.

PostSubject: Re: OK...so I'm excited...   OK...so I'm excited... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 8:43 am

WildCat wrote:
...BSO on DWTS? w00t!!! bounce bounce bounce

cat

I know I love BallRoom dancing. I really looking forward to this. cheers
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: OK...so I'm excited...   OK...so I'm excited... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 8:55 am

They seem to have noticed that their competition, So You Think You Can Dance, used 4 or 5 Setzer songs last season. Having the BSO live is a major coup. It sure beats the Jonas Brothers...

Dancin' Machine-a-billy
Back to top Go down
WildCat

WildCat

PostSubject: Re: OK...so I'm excited...   OK...so I'm excited... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 10:49 am

Rickabilly wrote:
They seem to have noticed that their competition, So You Think You Can Dance, used 4 or 5 Setzer songs last season. Having the BSO live is a major coup. It sure beats the Jonas Brothers...

Dancin' Machine-a-billy
By your comment, Rick, I'll assume you don't watch DWTS. Don't get me started on DWTS and SYTYCD as competitiors. They're not. They are completely different shows.

DWTS has been using Brian's songs all along (Stray Cat Strut was used on Monday, as a matter of fact). IMHO, its about time they got him on a results show to perform! Now I can only hope there's a pros group number (or two!!) choreographed to his appearance!

cat
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: OK...so I'm excited...   OK...so I'm excited... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 11:30 am

I have two daughters involved in dance, so I've seen both shows, though I've seen more So You Think You Can Dance episodes, as it airs in the summer. And I have a small crush on host Cat Deeley. Twisted Evil

I think both shows have some crossover in their audiences, but there definitely are differences.

They're both about dancing - except one show is supposed to have people who know what they're doing (So You Think You Can Dance) and explores a wider diversity of dance styles, while Dancing With the Stars takes celebrities, athletes, etc, and tries to turn them into ballroom dancers by pairing them with world class ballroom champions.

Stars uses a house band, while Ya Think uses prerecorded music. I admire the house band's Setzer attempts, but it doesn't compare with the real thing, in my opinion. I didn't realize they had performed so many Setz tunes. I had heard Dirty Boogie and Jump , Jive, & Wail (which drew heavily from the BSO version, but isn't really a Setzer tune). Since they use a big band, why wouldn't they use some BSO tunes? It makes sense.

Setzer fans beware - the show caters to the fans of the show, so expect the dancers to cut in on the BSO's camera time.

It's kinda like Jeopardy vs. Hollywood Squares. They're both quiz shows of sorts, but the games involved are quite different. One draws a good share of its audience from the fans of the celebs involved, and one doesn't.

Paul Lynde to Block-a-billy
Back to top Go down
lisathegreaser.

lisathegreaser.

PostSubject: Re: OK...so I'm excited...   OK...so I'm excited... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 12:02 pm

WildCat wrote:
Rickabilly wrote:

Dancin' Machine-a-billy
By your comment, Rick, I'll assume you don't watch DWTS. Don't get me started on DWTS and SYTYCD as competitiors. They're not. They are completely different shows.

DWTS has been using Brian's songs all along (Stray Cat Strut was used on Monday, as a matter of fact). IMHO, its about time they got him on a results show to perform! Now I can only hope there's a pros group number (or two!!) choreographed to his appearance!

cat

I can only hope there's a pros group number (or two!!) choreographed to his appearance!

If they had a pros dance to all the others , they will for sure have one for BSO. I hope the costumes are cute and all
vintage looking. I loved Julianna Hough 's white dress and hair the first dance on Monday.

One of my favorite chefs is dancing this season. Go Rocco Go !!!!!!
Back to top Go down
WildCat

WildCat

PostSubject: Re: OK...so I'm excited...   OK...so I'm excited... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 12:13 pm

Thanks for making all my points for me, Rick! Laughing Razz

cat
Back to top Go down
Pinkpiratekitty

Pinkpiratekitty

PostSubject: Re: OK...so I'm excited...   OK...so I'm excited... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 1:00 pm

So RAB - what do you do for a living? You're quite the writer.
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: OK...so I'm excited...   OK...so I'm excited... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 1:13 pm

Heya, Debs!

I could have replied with an "I agree" or written to you in our secret shorthand, but then it wouldn't have been quite so informative to all our friends who are too cool to watch either show. study

I guess with Tivo and DVR, none of these shows are in competition anymore. You can just watch both.

Rerun-a-billy

PPK - I'm not sure what I do for a living. Apparently, I'm paying myself to contribute to this forum! lol!
Back to top Go down
Kiki

Kiki

PostSubject: Re: OK...so I'm excited...   OK...so I'm excited... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 3:41 pm

Been wondering when DWTS would have Setzer on. It's about time! They use his music enough; they need to hear the master perform it like it should be performed, not that the house band doesn't make a valient effort.

This is going to sound absolutely crazy, but I would love to see Brian compete in the dance competition on the show.
Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: OK...so I'm excited...   OK...so I'm excited... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 3:51 pm

My gosh! *in a loud voice* I sure hope someone tapes it and puts it on YouTube for all the people who don't get DWTS *looks around*

Razz

Kid.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kidsetzer
lisathegreaser.

lisathegreaser.

PostSubject: Re: OK...so I'm excited...   OK...so I'm excited... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 3:58 pm

Kid Setzer wrote:
My gosh! *in a loud voice* I sure hope someone tapes it and puts it on YouTube for all the people who don't get DWTS *looks around*

Razz

Kid.

you can go to www.ABC.com on Oct 21 at 10pm EST and watch the whole episode online.

Alot of networks are doing this now. Even cable networks .

Take care,
Lisa
Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: OK...so I'm excited...   OK...so I'm excited... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 4:07 pm

lisathegreaser. wrote:
Kid Setzer wrote:

Razz

Kid.

you can go to www.ABC.com on Oct 21 at 10pm EST and watch the whole episode online.

Alot of networks are doing this now. Even cable networks .

Take care,
Lisa

Thanks Lisa, will do!
Back to top Go down
Kingsley16

Kingsley16

PostSubject: Re: OK...so I'm excited...   OK...so I'm excited... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 12:45 pm

saw the news this morn..........got it on my calender, can't wait to see the BSO rock the House. I mean I think even that comidian who went out first could dance to that stuff. Rip that guitar Brian, I'll be sitten with my 5120 pulling some serious air band moves (I just started to learn to play) in front of the tele. My kids are gunna freak!!!!!!! I'm a 43 year old young dad of two awesome kids.

peace all,
Daniel
Back to top Go down
crazy mixed up kid

crazy mixed up kid

PostSubject: Re: OK...so I'm excited...   OK...so I'm excited... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 2:43 pm

This is Fantastic news.....whoever has made this possible through BS marketing team WELL DONE YOU. This is prime time TV viewing for all the family this is ONLY good news.

You may be aware that over here in the UK the programme is called Strictly Come Dancing and although they have a very good band play the tunes for the dancers, when they come to dance the AMERICAN JIVE the celebraties will pick some nonsense of a tune like the Sugarbabes and jive it up. It annoys me to death..

Horse's for course's....why don't they use the real thing??? eg BS music.

I have raised this question before on this board & Rickerbilly (by the way join the queue for Cat Deely) has informed me that the Brian Setzer music has been used on a couple of occassions on DWTS. I just hope we now catch on and BS gets the call from the BBC....you never know I believe we share judges with you (Len & Bruno) so they just might put a word in.

Just One Question......

WHAT SONG ARE THE BRIAN SETZER ORCHESTRA GOING TO PERFORM?

I hoping for Crazy Mixed Up Kid......do you think there is a chance?

CMUK
Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: OK...so I'm excited...   OK...so I'm excited... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 4:39 am

RARRGHAMUFFIN!! Only viewers within the US can watch the full episode at ABC.com..

Dangnabbit!!

So like, somebody tell me how awesome it was when it airs Razz

Kid.
Back to top Go down
Kiki

Kiki

PostSubject: Re: OK...so I'm excited...   OK...so I'm excited... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 7:52 am

Maybe someone can record and post it on this site, no?
Back to top Go down
Scatman

Scatman

PostSubject: Re: OK...so I'm excited...   OK...so I'm excited... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 9:06 am

Since I don't watch DWTS, can someone tell me what we might expect?

Will we see a full song? more than one? 'bumpers' going into/out of commercials? Are the songs performed live, or are they playback/lipsynced?

Jus' curious..................

Chinese Plastic,
Scatman Alex
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: OK...so I'm excited...   OK...so I'm excited... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 9:45 am

We will likely get one full song, however, seeing as how they are a versatile big band, well-versed in music suitable for ballroom dancing, there could be bumper music in and out of breaks. Most of the time, it's a pop tart or teen idol with limited skills, and all they do is the one song.

This is a show for the dancers, so expect the BSO to get roughly 40% of the camera time while they're playing, with frequent cutaways to the dancers.

Ballroom Dancing, seen it on TV-billy
Back to top Go down
Scatman

Scatman

PostSubject: Re: OK...so I'm excited...   OK...so I'm excited... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 10:58 am

So are the DWTS performances live, then?

Ballroom Dancing.........prob my fave song from Give My Regards to Broadstreet
(or was it Not Such a Bad Boy??? Hmmmm, lemme think about it some more)

No Values at all,
Scatman Gilmour
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: OK...so I'm excited...   OK...so I'm excited... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 11:07 am

Allegedly, they are broadcast live. And if you mean live vs. lip-synced, I guess it would depend on the pop idol performing. One of the more outstanding qualities of the show is that they use a live house band for all the dancers, except once a week, when they have a guest musical act.

Big B.D.-billy
Back to top Go down
Scatman

Scatman

PostSubject: Re: OK...so I'm excited...   OK...so I'm excited... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 11:58 am

..unless, of course, they are recorded live but "played back" during the taping with a live vocal..........

Don't let your pumpkins drink and drive this Halloween!
Scatman
Back to top Go down
WildCat

WildCat

PostSubject: Re: OK...so I'm excited...   OK...so I'm excited... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 9:50 am

Never having been to a live DWTS show, I can't speak to what you're asking, Alex.

I just know I'm still excited that they will be on. Because, among other things, if nothing else, people at the show who might not have a clue about the BSO will see and hear them! And how exciting is that????

cat
Back to top Go down
Kiki

Kiki

PostSubject: Re: OK...so I'm excited...   OK...so I'm excited... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 11:55 am

WildCat wrote:
Never having been to a live DWTS show, I can't speak to what you're asking, Alex.

I just know I'm still excited that they will be on. Because, among other things, if nothing else, people at the show who might not have a clue about the BSO will see and hear them! And how exciting is that????

cat

Right now DWTS is the #1 show on TV, so LOTS of folks will be exposed to the best band on earth!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OK...so I'm excited...   OK...so I'm excited... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OK...so I'm excited...
Page 1 of 1