Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Brian and his influences

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Lord Vincent Blackshadow

Lord Vincent Blackshadow

Brian and his influences Empty
PostSubject: Brian and his influences   Brian and his influences Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 1:43 am

I'm constantly trawling YouTube, checking out both old and new music. I came across a couple of tunes from the 50's recorded by Roy Hall and I think Brian Setzer must've came across them sometime too cause they have much in common with a couple of Brians songs.
Check them out and see what you think ?

Roy Hall - Dig the Boogie .......very similiar chorus to Stray Cats Dig Dirty Doggie

Roy Hall - Dirty Boogie............ much like the BSOs Dirty Boogie.

While you're at it, check out roy Halls version of All By Myself. Dont remember hearing of him before but some of his songs are quiet good and rockin'.

Back to top Go down
mjcodina

mjcodina

PostSubject: Re: Brian and his influences   Brian and his influences Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 2:18 am

yeah youre right on man, especially with dig the boogie! I read an interview or something from the old setzer official site when he did interviews and someone brought up a song that hed probably gotten fishnet stocking straight from. Setzer didnt deny it and said yeah he probably did. Said that at that time they were musically hungry and thats just how it was. Really, it is for everyone. My motto is beg steal and borrow, but make sure its from the best. Without blatantly ripping someone off of course Smile
Back to top Go down
http://web.me.com/mjcodina/Codinaduty/Welcome.html
Madman

Madman

PostSubject: Re: Brian and his influences   Brian and his influences Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 3:43 am

Got some Roy Hall stuff on vinyl somewhere, but here is the sell on a compilation CD:

Roy Hall Rocks CD
A fantastic 27 track collection of original recordings by Roy Hall. Hall was there at Rockabilly's beginnings growing out of Country Boogie. He recorded See You Later Alligator before Bill Haley and Whole Lotta Shakin' before Jerry Lee Lewis. Later he went on to record at Sun. This superb selection includes his best known cuts alongside some real gone rarities. As well as featuring great music, it comes in top-notch packaging with detailed liner notes.

Don't know if I can say that it can be purchased at: www.raucousrecords.com. Tavo remove this line or tell me off if this is inappropriate Embarassed

Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Brian and his influences   Brian and his influences Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 8:23 am

Madman wrote:
Got some Roy Hall stuff on vinyl somewhere, but here is the sell on a compilation CD:

Roy Hall Rocks CD
A fantastic 27 track collection of original recordings by Roy Hall. Hall was there at Rockabilly's beginnings growing out of Country Boogie. He recorded See You Later Alligator before Bill Haley and Whole Lotta Shakin' before Jerry Lee Lewis. Later he went on to record at Sun. This superb selection includes his best known cuts alongside some real gone rarities. As well as featuring great music, it comes in top-notch packaging with detailed liner notes.

Don't know if I can say that it can be purchased at: www.raucousrecords.com. Tavo remove this line or tell me off if this is inappropriate Embarassed

legit link Madman, its not a filesharing link or a how to snake some setzer tunes for free link. tongue
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brian and his influences   Brian and his influences Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brian and his influences
Page 1 of 1