Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

UK Tour dates not selling well??!!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
scatcatcnut

scatcatcnut

UK Tour dates not selling well??!! Empty
PostSubject: UK Tour dates not selling well??!!   UK Tour dates not selling well??!! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 5:27 am

Just got my ticket for the Manchester UK date on the tour – we have Vince Ray and Jim Jones as support so should be all killer no filler. Was really surprised by number of tickets still unsold. I bought my ticket at the venue – Manchester University – I asked the girl how it was selling and she showed me thick book of unsold tickets. By her estimation she thought probably only half tickets available sold so far!

I know it is somewhat expensive at £30 – which is why I left it so late to buy mine - but is like an entire rock’n’roll revue –especially with the mini Stray Cats/Slim Jim set in the mix as well. Given the infrequency of his visits to UK I hope the sales pick-up or Brian may not feel it will be economically viable for the future.

Incidentally if you go to venue for your ticket there is a stand near reception with postcards which are mini gig posters for forthcoming attractions. Grabbed myself a handful of the Setzer ones – there are still plenty left though! There is a Setzer bio on the back which states that he played in Robert Plant’s band for over a year – as far as I was aware was just a few gigs and some recording.
Back to top Go down

UK Tour dates not selling well??!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: UK Tour dates not selling well??!!   UK Tour dates not selling well??!! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 1:49 pm

Hey,
aye, Brian played for Robert Plant's Honeydrippers just for a TV show and just a couple of live guest apperances in 1985 and 1988.

On BS website, when Tommy was still running it, it was mentioned that in 2007 (if I am correct), Robert Plant was to make a new album with Brian guesting on it... but this never happened!
Back to top Go down

UK Tour dates not selling well??!!
Page 1 of 1