Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

setzer in rockabilly book

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
scatcatcnut

scatcatcnut

setzer in rockabilly book Empty
PostSubject: setzer in rockabilly book   setzer in rockabilly book Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 2:37 am

Rockabilly - The Twang Heard Around The World' - this is a fantastic book -has mini interviews/quotes from Brian and others - but biggest selling point is the pictures - fantastic shots of memorabilia etc - definitely the best book I've seen on the subject in an admittedly small field! No brainer buy for any rockabilly fan.
Back to top Go down
sidelake bob

sidelake bob

PostSubject: Re: setzer in rockabilly book   setzer in rockabilly book Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 9:41 am

scatcatcnut wrote:
Rockabilly - The Twang Heard Around The World' - this is a fantastic book -has mini interviews/quotes from Brian and others - but biggest selling point is the pictures - fantastic shots of memorabilia etc - definitely the best book I've seen on the subject in an admittedly small field! No brainer buy for any rockabilly fan.

Thanks! Here it is http://www.amazon.com/Rockabilly-Twang-Heard-Illustrated-History/dp/0760340625

Brian is also in the book Gretsch 6120 The history of a legendary guitar
http://www.amazon.com/History-Legendary-Gretsch-6120/dp/0764334840
Back to top Go down
Madman

Madman

PostSubject: Re: setzer in rockabilly book   setzer in rockabilly book Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 10:31 am

Just finished reading the book. Definately worth the investment. Some really good interviews with some of the biggest influences. Picked up a few nuggets I hadn't heard before. Lots of stuff on all the original cats.
6 pages on Mr.Setzer & Stray Cats, then The Cramps, Tav Falco, The Meteors, Rev. Horton Heat and ending up with a few piccies of Imelda and Darrel.
santa Put it on your Christmas wish list.
Back to top Go down
sidelake bob

sidelake bob

PostSubject: Re: setzer in rockabilly book   setzer in rockabilly book Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 11:20 am

Now it is right up at my cristmas list! king
Back to top Go down
scatcatcnut

scatcatcnut

PostSubject: Re: setzer in rockabilly book   setzer in rockabilly book Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 5:04 am

The memorabilia is fantastic - is like a collectors fantasy wish list. I have quite a lot of 50's sheet music but some of the stuff in the book is amazing - considering the relative obscurity of a lot of the songs is surprising there even was sheet music printed for them. The must-have for me was 'Mystery Train' and some of the other Sun label stuff - am sure would be mighty expensive if it ever turned up!

Incidentally I should point out that there are excellent and uncommon pics of Brian and the Cats -the live one where his quiff has totally dropped is quite funny!

Is good also that the arrival of the Stray Cats is clearly acknowledged for its massive importance in a major up-surge of interest in rockabilly.

Finally the cut-out lettering of the cover and overall design of the book are really distinctive -can't find a single thing to fault about any of it.
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: setzer in rockabilly book   setzer in rockabilly book Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 1:15 pm

I've had the book about a month now, and I love it. It practically leapt off the shelves at my local Barnes and Noble, which has always done a great job placing The Brian in a place of prominence whenever possible. They had an endcap in the music section devoted to Brian when Riot came out.

The cover has that great photo of the first Elvis Presley LP, then you open it up, and bam! An enormous black and white shot of Stray Cats tearin' it up on stage!

Brian's prominence in the book probably isn't hurt by the fact that the book was published in Minneapolis.

A fantastic book that is not to be missed.

Nook and Kindle my arse-a-billy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: setzer in rockabilly book   setzer in rockabilly book Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

setzer in rockabilly book
Page 1 of 1