Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Is it straycats.com or thestraycats.com?

Go down 
+6
Setzerado
Andi
Rickabilly
Scatman
richjohnson26
peeteycat
10 posters
AuthorMessage
peeteycat

peeteycat

Is it straycats.com or thestraycats.com? Empty
PostSubject: Is it straycats.com or thestraycats.com?   Is it straycats.com or thestraycats.com? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 1:55 am

Just sayin'

It's straycats.com right?

Or is it thestraycats.com?

Dueling-official-sites-a-billy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is it straycats.com or thestraycats.com?   Is it straycats.com or thestraycats.com? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 3:47 am

straycats.com

There's never been an offical "the"
Back to top Go down
peeteycat

peeteycat

PostSubject: Re: Is it straycats.com or thestraycats.com?   Is it straycats.com or thestraycats.com? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 3:54 am

There seems to be now - thestraycats.com is run by Lee
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is it straycats.com or thestraycats.com?   Is it straycats.com or thestraycats.com? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 5:35 am

I see now, but it takes you to TheStrayCatLeeRocker.com
Back to top Go down
peeteycat

peeteycat

PostSubject: Re: Is it straycats.com or thestraycats.com?   Is it straycats.com or thestraycats.com? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 6:20 am

So then there's 2 Lee Rocker web addresses

thestraycatleerocker.com (Lee Rocker's The Stray cats site)

leerocker.com (Lee Rocker's site)
Back to top Go down
richjohnson26

richjohnson26

PostSubject: Re: Is it straycats.com or thestraycats.com?   Is it straycats.com or thestraycats.com? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 8:21 am

Is straycats.com run by the same people that run Brian's official website?

I must say that I like the look of Lee's 'Stray Cats' website and I hope that it does come to have a bit about all the cats on there.
Back to top Go down
Scatman

Scatman

PostSubject: Re: Is it straycats.com or thestraycats.com?   Is it straycats.com or thestraycats.com? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 8:33 am

Is that Lee's voiced dubbed onto the original Cat tracks?

Hmmmmmm, lemme go hear that musical montage again..............
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: Is it straycats.com or thestraycats.com?   Is it straycats.com or thestraycats.com? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 9:40 am

Since Slim Jim Phantom and Brian Setzer are touring together, should the Riot Squad have a www.thosestraycats.com website?

Cyber-billy
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: Is it straycats.com or thestraycats.com?   Is it straycats.com or thestraycats.com? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 9:45 am

As it says in the first post, at the bottom of the page:

Quote :
Hi All,
Lee Rocker here and I want to welcome all of you to this new website. My goal and plan is to make this the best site on the web for Stray Cat fans and friends. This is the ONLY website thats really run by one of us Cats and not some random internet or management company that pretending to be a band member. I gotta say I just got sick and tired of all the bull shit and decided that Its time to take it on and do it right.

Brian, Jim and I have been fortunate to have the greatest fans in the world and I want to get to spend some time and get all of you involved in posting content here, including old photos and set lists as well as newer cats or solo news. You send it in and I’ll check it out for inclusion here at the site. Let do it together. We need and want your help! Tell everybody about thestraycats.com

Thank you,
Lee Rocker
This is just trouble waiting to happen.
Back to top Go down
Setzerado

Setzerado

PostSubject: Re: Is it straycats.com or thestraycats.com?   Is it straycats.com or thestraycats.com? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 9:28 pm

Andi wrote:

This is just trouble waiting to happen.

Really ?
Back to top Go down
richjohnson26

richjohnson26

PostSubject: Re: Is it straycats.com or thestraycats.com?   Is it straycats.com or thestraycats.com? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 2:22 am

Scatman wrote:
Is that Lee's voiced dubbed onto the original Cat tracks?

Hmmmmmm, lemme go hear that musical montage again..............

I'm wondering if it's the versions of RTT and SCS that were streaming on Lee's website a while back. Also, he spoke about his next record having his own cuts of the SC classics so perhaps it's a taste of what might be on 'Night Train To Memphis'.

All in all I do agree with Andi and I think it's a bit dangerous for Lee to be almost setting himself up as the lead person of the band above the other two.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is it straycats.com or thestraycats.com?   Is it straycats.com or thestraycats.com? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 3:58 am

Those two SCC and RTT new versios were recorded like 2 years ago more or less.

Lee's upcoming album was due to be released last May at the Rockabilly Festival in Austin, according to what he stated in those emails sends to the fans; he never mentioned it on his web, but I remember having that email. Maybe they didn't get a record deal or the money to mass-produce the album themselves.

What I don't get is why Lee keeps recording RTT or SCC... geez, ain't he bored?? He has a wonderful solo career with 7 albums on the market and sure he has enough songs to play for a couple of hours without doing any SC version.
Back to top Go down
Setzerado

Setzerado

PostSubject: Re: Is it straycats.com or thestraycats.com?   Is it straycats.com or thestraycats.com? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 12:41 am

Total agreed Jon. I really don't understand.
He probably got it band seeing the two other (Stray) Cats touring all over the world...
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: Is it straycats.com or thestraycats.com?   Is it straycats.com or thestraycats.com? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 8:20 am

EDIT.

It's funny what can happen when you find yourself with a little time on your hands.

Everyone is free to do whatever they please. I just realized I don't care that much, I need to mind my own damn business.

Last edited by Andi on Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
59rockabilly

59rockabilly

PostSubject: Re: Is it straycats.com or thestraycats.com?   Is it straycats.com or thestraycats.com? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 3:07 pm

First off, I like Lee's solo stuff and order the new releases off his site as to get an autographed copy. There is some great music on his cds.

Lee is in a small niche market that he can continue to chase with billings as "Lee Rocker" or he can attempt to grab more audience with "The Stray Cat Lee Rocker."

I first read all of this on my phone which would not play the video. I didn't think anything was wrong with Lee doing the site as it mentions Brian and Jim in the body copy as well as having their pictures on the main page.

Getting home, I logged on again to watch the video. This is where the wheels have fallen off for me. Andi's take that it is an attempt to rewrite history is dead on.

Back to top Go down
kbilly

kbilly

PostSubject: Re: Is it straycats.com or thestraycats.com?   Is it straycats.com or thestraycats.com? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 7:43 pm

I think you are all reading to much into this. RAB is such a small nich if it doesn't generate enough $ quickly it will go away as quick as it appeared.
Back to top Go down
scatcatcnut

scatcatcnut

PostSubject: Re: Is it straycats.com or thestraycats.com?   Is it straycats.com or thestraycats.com? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 1:33 am

He was in the band from the beginning - why shouldn't he capitalize on that and make some money?? What's the problem - have we all got to be on one side or the other so we all have to be on Brian and Jim's side??? Give the guy a break - as someone else said - rockabilly is the smallest of niche markets - do what you've gotta to make the money Jim!!
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: Is it straycats.com or thestraycats.com?   Is it straycats.com or thestraycats.com? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 8:58 am

As someone whose words are occasionally misinterpreted, I'm going to give Lee the benefit of the doubt. Lee's a professional musician, and needs to explore as many avenues of self-promotion as possible. If he gets more people to his shows by billing himself as "The Stray Cat" Lee Rocker, that's fine by me. He's earned that privilege. It's not like he recruited 2 other members, performs as a trio, and calls the band "The Stray Cats Featuring Lee Rocker," or is actually calling his band "Lee Rocker's Stray Cats" the way many bands do when there's only one or two original members left and they want to pretend they're the entire band. If he had nothing but videos of Setzer singing, without indicating that Lee now performs those songs with his current band, then that would be misleading as well. So I'm fine with the concept of Lee promoting his career using his Stray Cats connection. The way it's presented could use some work, though.

I agree Lee's first post welcoming people comes off a little bitter. And the promo copy could have propped up Lee without being so heavy-handed. But this is the internet, not some public library. I don't know anyone who is sincerely interested in a subject that will stop their quest for information at one website. Lee's not fooling anyone, but I'm not sure he's trying to, either. I highly doubt anyone who likes Stray Cats has any doubts who the front man is. Brian's Gretsch guitar and Slim Jim standing at the drum kit are every bit as iconic as Lee's bass where Stray Cats are concerned.

Having said all that, Andi and Darin's thoughts express very well how dangerously alienating this website could be to the Stray Cats' fan base. I still cringe when I hear Lee's stock line in introducing "Bring It Back Again:" "Here's the only Stray Cats song without a guitar solo. It's also one of my favorites."

It seems fitting, then, that last week Brian introduced as his favorite Stray Cats song, "Cry-Baby." (Probably has nothing to do with Lee, and it's a helluva good song.)

Conspiracy-billy
Back to top Go down
talldave

talldave

PostSubject: Re: Is it straycats.com or thestraycats.com?   Is it straycats.com or thestraycats.com? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 12:44 pm

Giving the benefit of the doubt is a beautiful thing.
I'll have to be honest though and add that I don't like what Lee is doing here. The video and short biography on the front page are misleading. Even if every Stray Cats fan knows better than this, it still looks like an attempt to pretend he was the driving force behind the band, which he was not.

For starters, having a website called "thestraycats.com" and redirect it to "the Stray Cat Lee Rocker" is not totally honest.
Going by the "the Stray Cat Lee Rocker" monicker was enough capitalisation for me.

Before I get crucified by some in here, let me add that I have nothing against Lee, I own all his solo albums and even though I am aware he's had issues with the other two over the years, I never passed judgment as to who was right or wrong. And I still don't.

David

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is it straycats.com or thestraycats.com?   Is it straycats.com or thestraycats.com? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 1:48 pm

I somehow agree with Rickabilly when he says that having the Stray Cats name attached to Lee Rocker is sure much more appealing than a more simple Lee Rocker. But I don't really like Lee using the Stray Cats name to no avail; I've always admired the Stray Cats as a band and as solo artists; though it's sometime great to listen to a couple of Stray Cats songs during a concert, I hate it when they (no matter who of the three) turn their solo shows as a Stray Cats show, more or less. It was great to see Brian Setzer with Slim Jim Phantom playing Stray Cats songs, but it's not nice having Lee or Slim Jim doing 7-8 Stray Cats songs during their shows, as well as I wouldn't like Brian doing the same.

Once again, they have wonderful solo careers so as to never play any Stray Cats song again unless they are together again.

In a more particular way to Lee Rocker's new site and also to Slim Jim's and Brian's websites, I must say that nowadays they are quite badly run.

From my point of view a website, even run by a record company, which is of course interested in promoting the latest of the latest and make a living out of it, their websites should be much more informative and complete. I am not saying they have to give you absolutely all the information, but the full discograpgy, lyrics and guest appearances is something that should be posted. Fans not only like their latest albums, but also the old ones and for somebody who has discovered Lee, Brian or Jim with any of their latest works, it would be nice to have more information about their other albums, collaborations... see a bit more of what they are capable of.
Back to top Go down
Setzerado

Setzerado

PostSubject: Re: Is it straycats.com or thestraycats.com?   Is it straycats.com or thestraycats.com? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 9:59 pm

Lee is an honest and regular guy, no doubt.
It's just the way the things are written that is not totally honest.
A "new" fan passing by this site could believe that Lee is the guy, much more than Slim Jim or Brian...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is it straycats.com or thestraycats.com?   Is it straycats.com or thestraycats.com? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is it straycats.com or thestraycats.com?
Page 1 of 1