Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

new rekkid comin out..

Go down 
+5
Rickabilly
Twenty Flight Rick
sidelake bob
JC
donpepe
9 posters
AuthorMessage
donpepe

new rekkid comin out.. Empty
PostSubject: new rekkid comin out..   new rekkid comin out.. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 11:28 am

from FB:

Brian Setzer and his Rockabilly Riot are releasing a special live record this fall, titled "Live From The Planet!" The “Rockabilly Riot!” tour saw Setzer rock four different continents; Europe, North America, Japan, and Australia, for an overcharged and thrilling attack of American rock 'n' roll. The line-up includes two slappin’ stand-up bassists each bringing some extra thump to the party, two drummers, one being none other than Stray Cat Slim Jim Phantom, and a classic boogie-woogie piano that plays so well with Setzer’s rockin’ riffs. "Live From The Planet" captures the best songs from every country, filled with Brian’s hits and originals and a few favorite covers! Stay tuned to http://BrianSetzer.com/ for more details coming soon.
Back to top Go down
JC

JC

PostSubject: Re: new rekkid comin out..   new rekkid comin out.. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 10:31 pm

Hope they do a DVD as well.........
Back to top Go down
http://www.raveon.fourfour.com
sidelake bob

sidelake bob

PostSubject: Re: new rekkid comin out..   new rekkid comin out.. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 11:38 pm

JC wrote:
Hope they do a DVD as well.........

We can only hope..
Back to top Go down
Twenty Flight Rick

Twenty Flight Rick

PostSubject: Re: new rekkid comin out..   new rekkid comin out.. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 4:40 am

DVD please!
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: new rekkid comin out..   new rekkid comin out.. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 10:01 am

I don't remember reading that anyone saw any film crews on the tour, other than the internet crew from one of the Aussie shows. From what I understand, they had nowhere near the setup of the Montreal show for the BSO DVD. I don't even know if they filmed the entire show. Still, some video is better than no video. Perhaps they could put the Aussie footage in a bonus DVD to be included with the CD. The "bass battle" is a sight gag which can only be appreciated in a visual medium. It's like listening to Jimi Hendrix set fire to his guitar on the Monterey '67 CD.

The Eyes Have It-billy
Back to top Go down
steve

steve

PostSubject: Re: new rekkid comin out..   new rekkid comin out.. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 7:35 am

I can only hope that Stray Cat Strut and Gene and Eddie will be included.....I'll keep my fingers crossed---no seriously a new CD will be cool!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: new rekkid comin out..   new rekkid comin out.. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 9:47 am

I doubt very much they will include Gene & Eddie since it wasn't played on any of the Riot Tours.

However, what I do really hope is that they don't drop any song from the set, like they did when Red Hot & Live was released.

Whatever comes out, nice to hear it!
Back to top Go down
richjohnson26

richjohnson26

PostSubject: Re: new rekkid comin out..   new rekkid comin out.. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 3:30 pm

I guess it will be a bit like DMWABB so have cuts representing the best of the tour. I do hope that at least the main set is covered in it's entirety. The priorities for me would be the new stuff, like BMOK and also SNTR. Whether all the one-offs and less performed tracks make the cut remains to be seen.

p.s. I'm still hoping that, one day, Stray Cats will record SNTR as a one-off! (Perhaps now with the addition of Kevin on piano - I can dream lol!)
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: new rekkid comin out..   new rekkid comin out.. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 7:00 pm

"7 Nights to Rock" with the mighty fine Kevin McKendree on piano absolutely must be on the album. (Minus some of the creative lyrical alterations Original Gangsta Brian incorporated on a few shows.)

Hopefully, the album is mixed to sound every bit as good as "Red, Hot, and Live," which is one of my favorite live albums from any artist. That fade in / fade out between tracks on "Don't Mess With a Big Band" was disappointing. If there's a way to tweak tracks for individual purchase on iTunes that way, so be it. But give us the option to buy a live album that is mixed to sound like one cohesive show.

Don't Mess With a Live Album-a-billy
Back to top Go down
Brett

Brett

PostSubject: Re: new rekkid comin out..   new rekkid comin out.. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 3:34 am

"Red Hot and live" is my favorite live album as well.
And i agree about the fade out by "DMWTBB"
But the sound of this record is very good. The best orchstra sound on record so far.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rhythm56
Setzerado

Setzerado

PostSubject: Re: new rekkid comin out..   new rekkid comin out.. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 11:34 pm

So glad there will be a live record soon !!
This tour was fantastic and it deserved a record.
For what I can remember, there was a film crew on a few french gigs so.... "Quisas quisas quisas" (exchange glances with Jon Wink )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: new rekkid comin out..   new rekkid comin out.. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

new rekkid comin out..
Page 1 of 1