Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A financial plan for USA

Go down 
+14
vic
Bear85
enjay07
tvthewiredturtle
Sharky
Kiki
Le Hub'
sidelake bob
Spanishdavid
Pirate Paul
Kid Setzer
Cristo
Hot Rod Girl
laurent327
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Bear85

Bear85

A financial plan for USA - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A financial plan for USA   A financial plan for USA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 5:16 pm

Hey everybody,

I really don't mean to be a threadkill, but I strongly suggest we drop this one. It started up over on Gretschpages, and things got really ugly, really fast. It started off with "Is Palin hot or not?", and a few weeks and 15 pages of posts later, people were taking their ball and going home.

It's not worth it. You can say,"If they don't want to talk politics, they can stay away from this thread." But people can't seem to stay away, and they can't keep themselves from replying, and all of a sudden they're bailing out on a board (that's supposed to be about Brian Setzer) because so-and-so doesn't agree with who should be President.

The election IS important. It SHOULD be talked about. Maybe just not here...

Hoping we're all still here on Nov.5,
Bear85
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: A financial plan for USA   A financial plan for USA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 5:19 pm

Bear85 wrote:
Hey everybody,

I really don't mean to be a threadkill, but I strongly suggest we drop this one. It started up over on Gretschpages, and things got really ugly, really fast. It started off with "Is Palin hot or not?", and a few weeks and 15 pages of posts later, people were taking their ball and going home.

It's not worth it. You can say,"If they don't want to talk politics, they can stay away from this thread." But people can't seem to stay away, and they can't keep themselves from replying, and all of a sudden they're bailing out on a board (that's supposed to be about Brian Setzer) because so-and-so doesn't agree with who should be President.

The election IS important. It SHOULD be talked about. Maybe just not here...

Hoping we're all still here on Nov.5,
Bear85

Wise words.. my word to you guys if I see anyone getting personal or flag waving beyond basics, their post will be removed.
I know its all fun and games until someone pokes an eye out, so I'll keep the safety goggles going. (no beer goggles)
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
Cristo

Cristo

PostSubject: Re: A financial plan for USA   A financial plan for USA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 7:43 pm

I'm voting for this guy! He'll fix everything:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9hqL2EC1qE
Back to top Go down
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

PostSubject: Re: A financial plan for USA   A financial plan for USA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 8:16 am

I agree with Bear. We should talk about the election, and he's right, this may not be the place for it. I'd much rather discuss politics over a plate of decent hot wings and an ice cold beverage. It's much more fun talking face to face.

Kiki, I have done much research on the candidates, not just relying on what has been said on the campaign commercials. Thanks for your offer on the fact checking websites, I've probably been to most of them. Very Happy

I just hope that after the elections are over, that we are able to come together again as Americans, that we are not over taxed (or at least not taxed any more than our current rate...bleech), that our federal government does not decide to further impede on our beloved Republic and our Constitutional rights; and our Supreme Court remains a judicial body, not a pseudo-legislative branch of government.

And if you like to read, and can put up with legalese, here's a great website to check out:

http://www.americasright.com/

That's the end of my political discussion here. Long live the First Amendment!

Take care all,
hrg
Back to top Go down
Kiki

Kiki

PostSubject: Re: A financial plan for USA   A financial plan for USA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 2:14 pm

One thing's for certain, we each get a vote, and we need to make sure we get out there and use it!

Don't forget to VOTE for your candidate on election day!!!
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: A financial plan for USA   A financial plan for USA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 5:54 pm

Kiki wrote:
One thing's for certain, we each get a vote, and we need to make sure we get out there and use it!

okay I will remember to vote for Your candidate on election day. afro
Back to top Go down
Kiki

Kiki

PostSubject: Re: A financial plan for USA   A financial plan for USA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 7:01 pm

tvthewiredturtle wrote:
Kiki wrote:

...I give up... Smile
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: A financial plan for USA   A financial plan for USA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 7:07 pm

Kiki wrote:
tvthewiredturtle wrote:
Kiki wrote:

...I give up... Smile

Joe the Crackpipe thanks you all the way from russia
Back to top Go down
vic

vic

PostSubject: Re: A financial plan for USA   A financial plan for USA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 9:44 pm

Kiki wrote:

Actually I get three votes. My wife and mother in law always have me fill out their mail-ins because they're really not to interested in politics.

Ninteenth amendment-schminteenth amendment
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: A financial plan for USA   A financial plan for USA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 10:09 pm

vic wrote:
Kiki wrote:

Actually I get three votes. My wife and mother in law always have me fill out their mail-ins because they're really not to interested in politics.

Ninteenth amendment-schminteenth amendment

aha.. now I know why Al Gore didnt "actually" win!!
Back to top Go down
Kiki

Kiki

PostSubject: Re: A financial plan for USA   A financial plan for USA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 6:52 am

Joe the crackpipe? Russia???
Back to top Go down
donpepe

PostSubject: Re: A financial plan for USA   A financial plan for USA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 2:40 am

If you have difficulty understanding the current world
financial situation, This is the simple version.........

Once upon a time in a village somewhere, a man announced to
the villagers that he would buy monkeys for $10.

The villagers seeing there were many monkeys around, went
out to the forest and started catching them.

The man bought thousands at $10, but, as the supply started
to diminish, the villagers stopped their efforts.

The man further announced that he would now buy at $20.
This renewed the efforts of the villagers and they started
catching monkeys again.

Soon the supply diminished even further and people started
going back to their farms. The offer rate increased to $25
and the supply of monkeys became so little that it was an
effort to even see a monkey, let alone catch one!

The man now announced that he would buy monkeys at $50!

However, since he had to go to the city on some business,
his assistant would now act as a buyer, on his behalf.

In the absence of the man, the assistant told the
villagers: 'Look at all these monkeys in the big cage
that the man has collected. I will sell them to you at $35
and when he returns from the city, you can sell
them back to him for $50.'

The villagers squeezed together their savings and bought
all the monkeys.

Then they never saw the man or his assistant again, only
monkeys everywhere!

Welcome to WALL STREET!
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: A financial plan for USA   A financial plan for USA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 9:30 am

donpepe wrote:
If you have difficulty understanding the current world
financial situation, This is the simple version.........

Once upon a time in a village somewhere, a man announced to
the villagers that he would buy monkeys for $10.

The villagers seeing there were many monkeys around, went
out to the forest and started catching them.

The man bought thousands at $10, but, as the supply started
to diminish, the villagers stopped their efforts.

The man further announced that he would now buy at $20.
This renewed the efforts of the villagers and they started
catching monkeys again.

Soon the supply diminished even further and people started
going back to their farms. The offer rate increased to $25
and the supply of monkeys became so little that it was an
effort to even see a monkey, let alone catch one!

The man now announced that he would buy monkeys at $50!

However, since he had to go to the city on some business,
his assistant would now act as a buyer, on his behalf.

In the absence of the man, the assistant told the
villagers: 'Look at all these monkeys in the big cage
that the man has collected. I will sell them to you at $35
and when he returns from the city, you can sell
them back to him for $50.'

The villagers squeezed together their savings and bought
all the monkeys.

Then they never saw the man or his assistant again, only
monkeys everywhere!

Welcome to WALL STREET!

How 'bout the truth, not just an allegory.
Governments and politicians do not rule central banks, central banks rule governments and politicians. President Andrew Jackson won the presidency in 1828 with the promise to end the national debt and eliminate the SBUS. During his second term President Jackson withdrew all government funds from the bank and on January 8, 1835, paid off the national debt. He is the only president in history to have this distinction. The charter of the SBUS expired in 1836.

Without a central bank to manipulate the supply of money, the United States experienced unprecedented growth for 60 or 70 years, and the resulting wealth was too much for bankers to endure. They had to get back into the game. So, in 1910 Senator Nelson Aldrich, then Chairman of the National Monetary Commission, in collusion with representatives of the European central banks, devised a plan to pressure and deceive Congress into enacting legislation that would covertly establish a private central bank.

This bank would assume control over the American economy by controlling the issuance of its money. After a huge public relations campaign, engineered by the foreign central banks, the Federal Reserve Act of 1913 was slipped through Congress during the Christmas recess, with many members of the Congress absent. President Woodrow Wilson, pressured by his political and financial backers, signed it on December 23, 1913.

The act created the Federal Reserve System, a name carefully selected and designed to deceive. "Federal" would lead one to believe that this is a government organization. "Reserve" would lead one to believe that the currency is being backed by gold and silver. "System" was used in lieu of the word "bank" so that one would not conclude that a new central bank had been created.

In reality, the act created a private, for profit, central banking corporation owned by a cartel of private banks. Who owns the FED? The Rothschilds of London and Berlin; Lazard Brothers of Paris; Israel Moses Seif of Italy; Kuhn, Loeb and Warburg of Germany; and the Lehman Brothers, Goldman, Sachs and the Rockefeller families of New York.

Did you know that the FED is the only for-profit corporation in America that is exempt from both federal and state taxes? The FED takes in about one trillion dollars per year tax free! The banking families listed above get all that money.

The Federal Reserve Act of 1913 is unconstitutional...

Thomas Jefferson said, "If the America people ever allow private banks to control the issuance of their currencies, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all their prosperity until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."

Can you now see what is in store for us if we allow the FED to continue controlling our country?
Back to top Go down
sunkidd

sunkidd

PostSubject: Re: A financial plan for USA   A financial plan for USA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 9:13 pm

Yes TV.... but is it to late?
The Corporations have got us by the ......
B Shocked LLs!!! Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: A financial plan for USA   A financial plan for USA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 10:19 pm

sunkidd wrote:
Yes TV.... but is it to late?
The Corporations have got us by the ......
B Shocked LLs!!! Crying or Very sad
obama cant do...dubya put too much hurt on us...we have to look to 2012... the man
of peace will lead us down the road
Back to top Go down
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: A financial plan for USA   A financial plan for USA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 12:05 am

Obama just spent two weeks right up Kailua road, no I never got to see him he spent a lot of time at a military base about 40 min. from my house
he has his extended family here and his roots, so he might visit more often he said
been here three times the last six months so far
pretty cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A financial plan for USA   A financial plan for USA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 1:26 pm

What the US need is to invest NOTHING on wars and weapons and more on education, security and national health security...
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: A financial plan for USA   A financial plan for USA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 2:28 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A financial plan for USA   A financial plan for USA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 2:44 pm

ho ho ho!
Nah, Andi... I really think it's Don Pepe's monkeys' fault ;-)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A financial plan for USA   A financial plan for USA - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A financial plan for USA
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge :: Off topic-
Jump to: