Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How was your Halloween?

Go down 
+10
Cristo
Amity
Pinkpiratekitty
WildCat
matt
Bear85
enjay07
Kid Setzer
webelvis
The_Temp
14 posters
AuthorMessage
The_Temp

The_Temp

How was your Halloween? Empty
PostSubject: How was your Halloween?   How was your Halloween? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 8:26 am

Did anyone go out? Dress up?

I was here. http://www.groovesoda.com/ravari-halloween/live.html

The cover bands for the Stray Cats, Billy Idol, and Johnny Cash were especially good.

drunken drunken drunken drunken
Back to top Go down
webelvis

webelvis

PostSubject: Re: How was your Halloween?   How was your Halloween? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 1:26 pm

Halloween is not such abig thing here in germany, but I went to a concert of a german rockabilly Band. They've got a great stage show, this Vid shows some of the stuff they do on stage:
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockabillyswingjazz
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: How was your Halloween?   How was your Halloween? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 2:42 pm

Hey, my friend was there as well at The Ravari room.. unless you are my friend, in which case I'm confused scratch

Halloween is not a big deal here.. AT ALL.. I've never seen trick or treaters.. most people just use it as an excuse to throw big parties, get drunk, and do unsavoury things all under a cloak of mystery because no one will know it was you Razz

Kid.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kidsetzer
enjay07

PostSubject: Re: How was your Halloween?   How was your Halloween? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 4:05 pm

I spent Halloween day in airports & on airplanes flying home from Disneyland! Very Happy
So we didn't trick-or-treat this year (my children are holding this over my head!!).

However there was a week-long Halloween celebration while we were in Disneyland with trick-or-treating every night. And no, I did not haul Halloween costumes halfway across the country so my kids could par-take! I'm a mean mommy! Twisted Evil

But we did see some excellent costumes while we were there! My favorite was probably Little Bo Peep (maybe 3 yrs old) & her "Sheep" (her 5 yr old sister)! They were a great pair!!
My second favorite costume was Minnie Mouse (who was suffering from allergies or a cold--one of us do it all supermoms) carrying her sons pirate sword!! Our families were in the elevator together. She said, "Don't you think the sword really makes the outfit?" Razz
Oh yeah, I guess The Addams family was on one of the airplanes I was on too!
Back to top Go down
Bear85

Bear85

PostSubject: Re: How was your Halloween?   How was your Halloween? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 4:17 pm

Something that I thought was funny about Halloween this year - my wife bought a variety of candy to hand out to trick-or-treaters. Amongst all the sugar were small rectangular boxes..."candy sticks," or "Batonnets de Bonbon". So you open the box, and in side are two white sticks...candy cigarettes! I remember these from my childhood, when smoking was a lot more accepted than it is now. The funny thing is that my 11-y.o. daughter, who has very little exposure to smoking, went at it like an old pro! Same with myself, my wife, and 7 y.o. son - they're almost impossible to eat without holding it in your mouth like an actual cigarette.

Don't ask me why I was so tickled by the reappearance of what must surely be one of the most hideous examples of exploitative marketing toward children. I remember they used to come in little cigarette boxes, about ten to a pack, in a variety of "brands" - Marlboro, Pall Mall, Luckys, etc. Now they have Marvel superheroes on the box. They used to have a little red tip, so they'd look like they were lit, but not anymore.

Before I checked the box, I had guessed 'Made in China', but no - World Confections, Inc, Brooklyn, USA!
Back to top Go down
matt

matt

PostSubject: Re: How was your Halloween?   How was your Halloween? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 4:46 pm

enjay07 wrote:
I spent Halloween day in airports & on airplanes flying home from Disneyland! Very Happy
So we didn't trick-or-treat this year (my children are holding this over my head!!).

However there was a week-long Halloween celebration while we were in Disneyland with trick-or-treating every night. And no, I did not haul Halloween costumes halfway across the country so my kids could par-take! I'm a mean mommy! Twisted Evil

But we did see some excellent costumes while we were there! My favorite was probably Little Bo Peep (maybe 3 yrs old) & her "Sheep" (her 5 yr old sister)! They were a great pair!!
My second favorite costume was Minnie Mouse (who was suffering from allergies or a cold--one of us do it all supermoms) carrying her sons pirate sword!! Our families were in the elevator together. She said, "Don't you think the sword really makes the outfit?" Razz
Oh yeah, I guess The Addams family was on one of the airplanes I was on too!

Hey enjy 07
Iam just back from Walt Disney World myself and boy did I enjoy
it it was the best holiday Ive ever been on, the American people are
the most friendly warm and happiest people I have ever met, so nice
and welcoming I gota say you guys thanks for having me and my family
in your wonderfull country
Back to top Go down
The_Temp

The_Temp

PostSubject: Re: How was your Halloween?   How was your Halloween? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 9:25 pm

Hey Kid, I'm one of your friends. Stan.

What was your friend dressed as?

Kid Setzer wrote:
Hey, my friend was there as well at The Ravari room.. unless you are my friend, in which case I'm confused scratch

Halloween is not a big deal here.. AT ALL.. I've never seen trick or treaters.. most people just use it as an excuse to throw big parties, get drunk, and do unsavoury things all under a cloak of mystery because no one will know it was you Razz

Kid.
Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: How was your Halloween?   How was your Halloween? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 2:58 am

The_Temp wrote:
Hey Kid, I'm one of your friends. Stan.

What was your friend dressed as?

Ohhh, not you're not the one I was talking about Razz Anyway, I think he went dressed up as a rockabilly Razz He was definately there.. the same guy that I asked if you knew previously.

Kid.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kidsetzer
WildCat

WildCat

PostSubject: Re: How was your Halloween?   How was your Halloween? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 1:02 pm

I spent Hallowe'en day at work.

That night, though, I spent at John Eddie's Swashbuckler's Ball at the Stone Pony. What FUN! I'm just about recovered now.

cat
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/wildcat794
Pinkpiratekitty

Pinkpiratekitty

PostSubject: Re: How was your Halloween?   How was your Halloween? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 6:33 pm

Halloween is my favorite holiday. We had about 130 trick-or-treaters this year; less than last year. I really decorate up the house with my vintage decorations.

Matt and Enjay - Thanks for spending your time at a Disney location! Job security for my hubby!

PPK cat pirat
Back to top Go down
Amity

Amity

PostSubject: Re: How was your Halloween?   How was your Halloween? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 6:36 pm

Wow 130 PPK? We are lucky if we had 10.

BTW do you have any pics of the vintage decorations? Sounds pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
Cristo

Cristo

PostSubject: Re: How was your Halloween?   How was your Halloween? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 6:37 pm

Kid Setzer wrote:

Kid.

Kid, what ELSE is there to do on Halloween??? I had a pretty cool Elvis costume - when dressing as The King, using your own natural hair is best, but when your hair isn't long enough, choosing a good wig is KEY (sorry, no pictures... Sad )... I chatted up some German tourists at the bar for about... 4 hours! Maybe the bartenders have some pictures of me, I know they were snappin' up a whole buncha people that night.

To Bear85:

Candy cigarettes... I agree, not the best of ideas... but I loved 'em! They were some of the tastiest candy around! WHY? Laughing
Back to top Go down
pony65k

pony65k

PostSubject: Re: How was your Halloween?   How was your Halloween? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 7:15 pm

Kid Setzer wrote:

Kid.

Who told you it was me???? Did you get photos?

Confused-a-pony

Bear85 wrote:
Something that I thought was funny about Halloween this year - my wife bought a variety of candy to hand out to trick-or-treaters. Amongst all the sugar were small rectangular boxes..."candy sticks," or "Batonnets de Bonbon". So you open the box, and in side are two white sticks...candy cigarettes! I remember these from my childhood, when smoking was a lot more accepted than it is now. The funny thing is that my 11-y.o. daughter, who has very little exposure to smoking, went at it like an old pro! Same with myself, my wife, and 7 y.o. son - they're almost impossible to eat without holding it in your mouth like an actual cigarette.

Don't ask me why I was so tickled by the reappearance of what must surely be one of the most hideous examples of exploitative marketing toward children. I remember they used to come in little cigarette boxes, about ten to a pack, in a variety of "brands" - Marlboro, Pall Mall, Luckys, etc. Now they have Marvel superheroes on the box. They used to have a little red tip, so they'd look like they were lit, but not anymore.

Before I checked the box, I had guessed 'Made in China', but no - World Confections, Inc, Brooklyn, USA!

We had those things here when I was a kid. They were called FAGS here. I saw them the other day, they're now called FADS. I found out they changed the name due to the word FAGS having a totally different meaning nowadays than it had back in the day.

Politically Correct René-a-pony Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/pony65k
Bigbassape

Bigbassape

PostSubject: Re: How was your Halloween?   How was your Halloween? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 10:20 pm

I went as the US economy. No matter how you try to dress it up, it's screwed, shot to 'ell and dead on it's feet. the HBC did a local gig and had a good time.....
How was your Halloween? Photo
g
Back to top Go down
Brett

Brett

PostSubject: Re: How was your Halloween?   How was your Halloween? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 11:26 pm

I was playing in a Bar and thought:"Man, what strange Halloween costumes!"
But at the end i realized most of them were real... Shocked
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rhythm56
sidelake bob

sidelake bob

PostSubject: Re: How was your Halloween?   How was your Halloween? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 11:25 am

Brett wrote:

Oh! Are you in to black metal now?
Back to top Go down
Brett

Brett

PostSubject: Re: How was your Halloween?   How was your Halloween? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 12:22 pm

sidelake bob wrote:
Brett wrote:

Oh! Are you in to black metal now?

Wink

you never know
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rhythm56
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How was your Halloween?   How was your Halloween? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How was your Halloween?
Page 1 of 1