Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I GOT MY GRETSCH!!!!!!!

Go down 
+2
Guitarmaniac
ruger9
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ruger9

ruger9

I GOT MY GRETSCH!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: I GOT MY GRETSCH!!!!!!!   I GOT MY GRETSCH!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 11:40 am

I just won a 2005 Exc. cond. Hot Rd in Candy Apple Red w/TVJ Classics.. I've wanted this guitar for years now (either this one or an SSLVO), and I finally got it.

Not sure what the final price was tho... it said BIN was only $1300 with free shipping, but then it rang up $1400 + $40 shipping = $1440. Still a deal, but not sure what's up with that. The buyer has alot of sales & good feedback, so I'm not to worried about it.

I FINALLY GOT MY GRETSCH!!!!!!! cheers cheers cheers

...and the volume mod/treble bleed is sitting right here waiitng for it...

Next up, a 6G6-B. Cool

Last edited by ruger9 on Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Guitarmaniac

Guitarmaniac

PostSubject: Re: I GOT MY GRETSCH!!!!!!!   I GOT MY GRETSCH!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 11:55 am

Boooooyaaaaaaaa!!
Man, I'm really jealous, I want a Gretsch really bad, but I also finally want a tube amp.
As I already own a pretty good guitar wirth my american standard strat I think a tube amp is the better choice right now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockabillyguitarmaniac
ruger9

ruger9

PostSubject: Re: I GOT MY GRETSCH!!!!!!!   I GOT MY GRETSCH!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 12:11 pm

They said they advertised the wrong price, it was $1400, but I did get free shipping. Still a smokin' deal!

My Ibanez AF75 will finally be retired... she's served me well for the last couple years, but ...

Ah-ah-aaaahm Movin' on uuuuu-up! I finally got a piece of the pie!!
Back to top Go down
pony65k

pony65k

PostSubject: Re: I GOT MY GRETSCH!!!!!!!   I GOT MY GRETSCH!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 1:40 pm

Congratulations Ruger9. I hope you get many many years of enjoyment from it. There's nothing like the feeling of playing it for the first time.

René-a-pony
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/pony65k
Bear85

Bear85

PostSubject: Re: I GOT MY GRETSCH!!!!!!!   I GOT MY GRETSCH!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 2:32 pm

Congrats, Ruger. Relative to your Hot Rod, my 5129 Electromatic is pretty far down the food chain, but I absolutely love it. I can only imagine how awesome yours will be!

Rock on,
Bear85
Back to top Go down
jonhope

jonhope

PostSubject: Re: I GOT MY GRETSCH!!!!!!!   I GOT MY GRETSCH!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 4:22 pm

Congratulations bounce

Welcome to the wonderful world of Gretsch ownership - a word of warning - it becomes rather addictive Shocked

When you get it make sure to check the set up of the TV Classics using the guide on the TV Jones web-site - this will ensure you get the absolute best out of the pickups Cool

cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/afterburnerslive
Twenty Flight Rick

Twenty Flight Rick

PostSubject: Re: I GOT MY GRETSCH!!!!!!!   I GOT MY GRETSCH!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 4:47 pm

The first time I played a Hot Rod I was struck by the thin body, as opposed to my '99 SSU. Those TV Jones Classics sound great through any effects pedal. The worst part is now - waiting for the damn thing to arrive! Congrats!

Rick
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I GOT MY GRETSCH!!!!!!!   I GOT MY GRETSCH!!!!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I GOT MY GRETSCH!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 1