Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

that's nasty.....

Go down 
+5
nietsk
Chillicat
johnnykool327
pony65k
Kelley
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Kelley

that's nasty..... Empty
PostSubject: that's nasty.....   that's nasty..... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 4:20 pm

sick story to tell, but I figuured I would tell anyway

I walked into a 31 Flavors today and the woman there was clipping her fingernails, ewww No
she washed her hands thoroughly when she saw me, but stilll eww
not a place to do your nails or makeup, blech

Kelley

Last edited by Kelley on Sat May 01, 2010 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
pony65k

pony65k

that's nasty..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: that's nasty.....   that's nasty..... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 6:22 pm

kelley68 wrote:
sick story to tell, but I figuured I would tell anyway

I walked into a 31 Flavors today and the woman there was clipping her fingernails, ewww No
she washed her hands thoroughly when she saw me, but stilll eww
not a place to do your nails or makeup, blech

Kelley

LOL, classic. You should ask her if they're going to rename the shop 32 Flavors Laughing Laughing

René-a-pony
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/pony65k
johnnykool327

johnnykool327

that's nasty..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: that's nasty.....   that's nasty..... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 12:03 am

I work in a restaurant, and I will agree... ew.

My small mention of eeww...

A few nights a week, we raise funds for the local elementary schools, they come and drive our business with their families, we give 15% back, its a win-win situation.

ANYWHOO... There is this kid who comes in, very short attention span, and he likes to come pick up extra parts of his order and show me his receipt, and he likes to grab onto my hand as I am readin his receipt. Now, I must also mention that I don't necessarily enjoy having strangers touch my hands, especially when I am expected to have clean hands. I enjoy high fives, shaking hands, you know, normal stuff. But because of my profession and because of the sports I competed in, I am very protective of my hands.

So, clammy cold hand rude kid grabs my hands, and I nearly have a panic attack because all I can think about is running into the back and scrubbing my hands for 5 minutes.

Could I have used the word 'hands' in this post any more?

BK
Back to top Go down
http://kingawayretrievers.com
Chillicat

Chillicat

that's nasty..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: that's nasty.....   that's nasty..... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 3:03 pm

as a public educator i have two words for you: HAND sanitizer sunny

cat
C
Back to top Go down
Kelley

that's nasty..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: that's nasty.....   that's nasty..... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 4:16 pm

actually carrying around hand sanitizer prevents colds
make sure that it is at least 60% alcohol though!
Back to top Go down
nietsk

that's nasty..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: that's nasty.....   that's nasty..... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 4:32 pm

I used to live above a kebab (shoarma) restaurant. Me and my girl friend used to call it shoarma tent "den vettige handdoek" (restaurant "the dirty towel") One day we sat at the counter and the man behind it was cleaning the bar with a napkin, he sneezed in it and continued to clean the bar.. After that he opend a pakage with bread, put it in the oven with tweezers, (??) trew the pakage in a garbage can and pushed it deeper with the tweezers.. Shocked haha. That was the last time we went there...
Back to top Go down
Kelley

that's nasty..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: that's nasty.....   that's nasty..... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 5:11 pm

where was this at?? yechh
Back to top Go down
enjay07

that's nasty..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: that's nasty.....   that's nasty..... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 10:40 pm

I have a friend who used to work at a restaurant. Of course she had lots of "ewwww" stories for her friends. Sometimes I just can't bring myself to eat out when I think about all the stuff that goes on at restaurants!! You'd be amazed at how long I can live off of spaghetti noodles when I don't have little kidlets to cook for!

I can hardly bring myself to ever eat from a salad bar at any restaurant; and buffets for the most part are off my list! I don't care where it is, how respectable, how cheap, how expensive.....that's my own personal "ewwwww!!!" Shocked

And I don't care how my food arrives at the table....I NEVER send it back! last thing I'm going to do is piss off a cook & give them a chance to do......whatever!!! My "paybacks" are word-of-mouth--I just tell people about bad food or bad service & never go back. Laughing

Last edited by enjay07 on Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : last thought)
Back to top Go down
Kelley

that's nasty..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: that's nasty.....   that's nasty..... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 11:06 pm

this is why we have an open kitchen at our restuarant, where our stove and sink is right in front of you
and yes, I have people sit and watch us prepare our food-not a problem to us!!!
AND....the Navy which we work for does surprise inspections a lot (sometimes three per month) which is what EVERY restaurant should have!

a lot of restaurants almost never get inspected or close 'suddenly' Subway is one place that frequently gets bad marks for improper temperatures and of course I don't know if you all have seen that famous KFC rat infested clip in NYC!!!
that is really ewww

I really feel for you, BK!! I really do

Kelley
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

that's nasty..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: that's nasty.....   that's nasty..... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 12:55 am

I managed a few Baskin Robbins 31's back in my 20s I can say my disdain for
Roaches was heightened 100% in the OC stores. You could hear them walking around the shelves in the dark, back by the walk in freezers. something about butterfat and sugar that can never fully be mopped off the floors, keeps them as 31's #1 customer!

chocolate chip anyone?

we wont even talk about the waffle cone machine or how often the yogurt machine
are cleaned...

http://www.sixwise.com/newsletters/05/06/29/how_many_insect_parts_and_rodent_hairs_are_allowed_in_your_food.htm
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
Kelley

that's nasty..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: that's nasty.....   that's nasty..... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 5:17 am

waffle cone machine, ewww
Back to top Go down
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

that's nasty..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: that's nasty.....   that's nasty..... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 6:18 am

I used to work as a Food Service Director/Clinical Dietitian for a small, family owned nursing home in northern Georgia. That wonderful title made me the person on call, 24/7, to come in and take care of kitchen business when anyone called in. Ha, ha! No stress! It paid very well, but I was NEVER off of work!

Well, one beautiful Sunday morning, I got a call at 3am from my head cook telling me she was sick and wouldn't be in that day to make breakfast. Well, I threw my hair back in a ponytail, got scrubbed up, and ventured in. As I'm unlocking the back door (this was at 4am), to get into the kitchen, I hear a bunch of scritching and scratching. Yikes. What is this? I open the door and see nothing.

A couple of minutes later, I'm walking back to the dry storage to get ingredients for biscuits, I look up at the brick wall (right about eye level), and there's a mouse staring right back at me from an old pipe hole in the wall. I FREAKED! Here I am the only one there, and there's a mouse. Apparently he's not alone. I turn on the light in the dry storage, and hear even more scurrying around. Dear God! Get me through this... I've got 150 hungry elderly folks I gotta feed, and I'm being taken over by mice. So, here I am, talking to myself really loudly (I heard that this scares the mice away), and I"m trying to get breakfast together. At 5:30, the rest of my crew comes in, and I ask them about the "mice".

"Oh yeah," they replied, "that's what we deal with EVERY morning when we come in to cook breakfast!"

So, when my maintenance guy comes in at 9am, I ask him what can be done about this. His reply..."Well, not much, since the new kitchen was built over the old kitchen, and we can't seem to seal up all of the old plumbing from the original kitchen. It's too hard to get to. Besides miss, you're lucky you only saw the mice."

LUCKY I ONLY SAW THE MICE!!!!!!?????????

Needless to say, I immediately began thinking about finding a new job, and left there shortly after this incident.

EWWW!
hrg

Last edited by Hot Rod Girl on Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
enjay07

that's nasty..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: that's nasty.....   that's nasty..... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 1:10 pm

Thanks for that one HRG!!! I've got something to look forward to when I get to the nursing home! Fact is, wherever there's food (and mass amounts of it) there's probably going to be "visitors."
I just try not to think about it. Which is why you've all made my decision to cook at home today and probably all day tomorrow too. Possibly the next. Not even Starbucks sounds appetizing at this point. And I am SOOOOOO regretting the Dairy Queen ice cream I had last weekend.......soooooooo much regretting it!!! Crying or Very sad Thanks TV!
Back to top Go down
nietsk

that's nasty..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: that's nasty.....   that's nasty..... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 3:33 pm

Hahaha, nice story HRG. Eeeewww!
I used to work in a house where mentaly handicaped people live. When it was the hottest summer in the last 10 years. (34 degrees) We/I got a visite from the (how do you call that in english) health department..? The high point was when the inspector took a 14 day old mousaka out of the oven..
Back to top Go down
badkitty

badkitty

that's nasty..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: that's nasty.....   that's nasty..... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 7:42 pm

Yes, it is amazing how unhygienic some places (and people) are. Here's my 2 cent story.
About a year ago, a couple of friends from my (former) workplace invited me out to
lunch at a new cafe/bakery they'd discovered. I met them there, and as we waited in line
to place our orders, I began watching one of the sandwich makers. The guy had long greasy
looking hair that was not tied back or secured in any way. He had what appeared to be little
cuts on his fingers, was not wearing food handler's gloves, and the nails looked none too
clean. I got so grossed out at the sight of this, that I could not bring myself to order anything.
Luckily a cell phone call allowed me to "beg off" lunch due to an "emergency." Six months
later I was driving by the area, and noticed the cafe had closed. Small wonder to me but my
friends were clueless. I guess some people are just really oblivious to these things. No
Back to top Go down
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

that's nasty..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: that's nasty.....   that's nasty..... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 6:47 am

nietsk wrote:
Hahaha, nice story HRG. Eeeewww!
I used to work in a house where mentaly handicaped people live. When it was the hottest summer in the last 10 years. (34 degrees) We/I got a visite from the (how do you call that in english) health department..? The high point was when the inspector took a 14 day old mousaka out of the oven..

Oh no! I'm figuring that you didn't pass the health inspection that time. 14 day old mousaka...I'm surprised it was recognizable. Were you trying to hide it from the inspector? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

that's nasty..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: that's nasty.....   that's nasty..... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

that's nasty.....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge :: Off topic-
Jump to: