Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sorry to the philly folks.

Go down 
+2
BethAnn
Bigbassape
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Bigbassape

Bigbassape

Sorry to the philly folks. Empty
PostSubject: Sorry to the philly folks.   Sorry to the philly folks. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 2:03 am

Since JC Dobbs has closed, and the booker wont take our calls about him relocating the show, we've had to cancel and take show in New Haven Connecticut. We're really sorry, and we'll get back later in the year!!

if you're really adventurous, we will be in NYC at the rodeo on friday.

xoxox
g and the HBC
Back to top Go down
BethAnn

BethAnn

PostSubject: Re: Sorry to the philly folks.   Sorry to the philly folks. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 4:39 am

New Haven! When and where? When and where?

BA
Back to top Go down
Bigbassape

Bigbassape

PostSubject: Re: Sorry to the philly folks.   Sorry to the philly folks. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 10:39 am

Rudy's Bar on January 1
Back to top Go down
Bigbassape

Bigbassape

PostSubject: Re: Sorry to the philly folks.   Sorry to the philly folks. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 12:34 am

Sorry to the philly folks. Newhavencopy
Back to top Go down
BethAnn

BethAnn

PostSubject: Re: Sorry to the philly folks.   Sorry to the philly folks. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 3:21 am

See you there! (We'll be the middle-aged couple among all the Yale students.)
Back to top Go down
Bigbassape

Bigbassape

PostSubject: Re: Sorry to the philly folks.   Sorry to the philly folks. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 5:12 am

That's great, I'll be the middle aged bass player, looking upon the yale students with a healthy dose of disdain....

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete

PostSubject: Re: Sorry to the philly folks.   Sorry to the philly folks. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 5:45 am

!!!! $4.00 !!!!!!!!!!

Is that a typo?!?!?

I thought money was tight over here for bands!

You guys aren't doing yourself justice!

We have a saying over here, You get paid to set up and tear down, and you play for the love of it.
Back to top Go down
Bigbassape

Bigbassape

PostSubject: Re: Sorry to the philly folks.   Sorry to the philly folks. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 5:25 pm

Pistol Pete wrote:
!!!! $4.00 !!!!!!!!!!

Is that a typo?!?!?

I thought money was tight over here for bands!

You guys aren't doing yourself justice!

We have a saying over here, You get paid to set up and tear down, and you play for the love of it.

We figured, it's a last minute show, on New Years Day, Make it cheap, and maybe people will fight through their hangovers to make it......

anyway, here's all the dates and flyers. 1,976 miles in 5 days.

Sorry to the philly folks. Holidaybeercopy-2
Sorry to the philly folks. NYE08copy
Sorry to the philly folks. Newhavencopy
Sorry to the philly folks. NYC08copy
Sorry to the philly folks. SOUTHGATEcopy
Back to top Go down
kbilly

kbilly

PostSubject: Re: Sorry to the philly folks.   Sorry to the philly folks. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 8:16 pm

Ape hope to see whats left of ya in the Southgate. WAAAAAAA HHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
BethAnn

BethAnn

PostSubject: Re: Sorry to the philly folks.   Sorry to the philly folks. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 7:53 am

Went to the show last night and all I can say is "Wow!" I knew from watching the YouTube videos that they'd be high energy, but I was still surprised. Nic should be in Red Bull commercials! The guys were terrific on and off the stage and it was a fun night out. If anyone is going to the Rodeo Bar tonight, get there early so you will be able to see, but don't stand TOO close to the stage. Once Nic gets going, it's like sitting in the splash seats at Sea World. You're there at your own risk!
Back to top Go down
Bigbassape

Bigbassape

PostSubject: Re: Sorry to the philly folks.   Sorry to the philly folks. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 5:50 pm

Nice to meet ya beth ann, and thanks for the cookies! glad you had a good time. That was def. the smallest stage we've ever played on. Wildcat came out to see the debauchery at the Rodeo Bar last night, but she sat far enough back to be free of any flying fluids. We left NYC at 3:15 AM and pulled into Newport KY at 3:30 PM. Ouch. but we got naps, and redbull so now we're off to rock again!

-g
Back to top Go down
enjay07

PostSubject: Re: Sorry to the philly folks.   Sorry to the philly folks. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 10:14 pm

Beth Ann brought cookies? Just out of curiousity, how big a purse do you carry? Do you carry cookies with you everywhere you go? Have you ever gotten out of a speeding ticket by bribing a cop with cookies?
Can you get into movies free by paying in cookies?
This is an interesting concept...must give it some thought. I'm always looking for a reason to buy a new purse..... Must get one with a "cookie compartment." Need a good cookie recipe too...
Hmmm..... Suspect
Back to top Go down
BethAnn

BethAnn

PostSubject: Re: Sorry to the philly folks.   Sorry to the philly folks. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 4:55 am

Yeah, I have baking OCD. But I figured with that ambitious mini-tour, the fellas could use some road trip refreshments.

Geoff, my biggest concern was an accidental cowboy boot to my head, but I'm thinking you probably had that same worry. Still, I'd do it again ANY time! I loved the show!!!
Back to top Go down
WildCat

WildCat

PostSubject: Re: Sorry to the philly folks.   Sorry to the philly folks. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 2:04 pm

Bigbassape wrote:
Nice to meet ya beth ann, and thanks for the cookies! glad you had a good time. That was def. the smallest stage we've ever played on. Wildcat came out to see the debauchery at the Rodeo Bar last night, but she sat far enough back to be free of any flying fluids. We left NYC at 3:15 AM and pulled into Newport KY at 3:30 PM. Ouch. but we got naps, and redbull so now we're off to rock again!

-g
Well, you take what seats you can get in that place! I got lucky running into folks I knew. Budgie wasn't inclined to make the trip on Friday Razz . However, since I did get hugged by Nic, I wasn't completely safe! Laughing

LOVED seeing you boys, your energy levels never cease to amaze me. Also glad to know you made it to KY relatively unscathed. Ouch is right, though. I think I was crawling into bed about the time you guys left NYC. Other than the guy who harassed me on the way to the parking garage, it was an uneventful trip back. Much love to ya's and hope to see ya's soon.

cat
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/wildcat794
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sorry to the philly folks.   Sorry to the philly folks. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sorry to the philly folks.
Page 1 of 1