Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Couldn't decide if this should go in "Other Artists" or "The Grease Pit"...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Budgie

Budgie

Couldn't decide if this should go in "Other Artists" or "The Grease Pit"... Empty
PostSubject: Couldn't decide if this should go in "Other Artists" or "The Grease Pit"...   Couldn't decide if this should go in "Other Artists" or "The Grease Pit"... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 7:48 pm

EDDIE VAN HALEN TO AUCTION A PAIR OF 1956 CHEVY CLASSICS AT BARRETT-JACKSON SCOTTSDALE

Custom, Theme-Matching Guitar to be Auctioned with Each Vehicle

(Los Angeles, CA - January 5, 2009) A pair of Chevrolet classics from the personal collection of rock ‘n’ roll icon Eddie Van Halen will be sold at No Reserve during the 38th Annual Barrett-Jackson Collector Car Auction in Scottsdale, Ariz., Jan. 11-18, 2009. The 1956 Chevy 210 (Lot #1259) and 1956 Chevy Nomad (Lot #1259.1) will each be auctioned with matching, one-of-a-kind EVH Brand “Wolfgang” guitars and a pair of red, white, and black EVH striped sneakers. Hailed as “The World’s Greatest Collector Car Auctions™️,” the Scottsdale auction and lifestyle event will feature a diverse mix of the world’s most desirable collector vehicles. SPEED will broadcast nearly 40 hours of live, high-definition coverage of all six auction days.

“Rock ‘n’ roll and collector cars go hand in hand,” said Steve Davis, president of Barrett-Jackson. “And Eddie’s cars, although from the same year, represent the diversity of the collector car hobby. The Nomad is restored to original specifications while the 210 is a custom built street rod with modern performance gear. I expect these cars to enter special collections that salute both rock ‘n’ roll and automobiles.”

The maroon 1956 Chevrolet 210 is a Pro Street hot rod built by customizer Jim Van Gordon. The car features a powerful 454 c.i.d. big block Chevy engine that pumps out more than 600 horsepower, making it suitable for the drag strip while still street legal. Additional highlights include a narrowed 9-inch Ford rear end with Detroit Locker, Mark Williams axles, 4.30 gears, 4-link coil-over suspension, disc brakes, and custom wheels and tires. Racing gauges and a dark grey color scheme underline the interior of the 210."

Van Halen’s 1956 Chevrolet Nomad station wagon sports a classic “Cashmere Blue” and white paint scheme and was once part of the famed “The Harrah Collection” in Reno, Nev. The car underwent a frame-off restoration and features a 265 c.i.d., 210 horsepower “Power Pack” V8 engine, power steering and power brakes. An upgrade to disc brakes was added for improved stopping and safer driving."

"Out of all the cars I have owned over the years, I hung onto the ‘56 Sedan and Nomad because I was closely involved in restoring and building them, so they are very special to me," explained Van Halen. "I almost hate to let them go, but I don’t have the time to drive them. It kills me to see them sit there when someone else could be driving them and have the pleasure and joy of owning these beautiful classic cars.”

"Since they are so dear to me, I thought I would make it even more special by having two custom made Wolfgang guitars built to match each car,” Van Halen added. “I hope the new owners enjoy these cars as much as I have and keep the guitars and cars in their families for a long time, because they are all one-of-a-kind.”

In 2007, Eddie, president of ELVH INC, partnered with Fender Musical Instrument Corporation to launch EVH Brand guitars, amps and musical products. A limited run of Van Halen FrankensteinTM replica guitars were introduced in addition to the EVH 5150III TM amplifier line and EVH guitar accessories. In January, Eddie will launch an all new Wolfgang guitar. More information on the EVH Brand is available at www.evhgear.com.

The Van Halen cars and guitars will be joined by the world’s most desirable collector vehicles and automobilia to be sold at the historic Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale auction. Lifestyle attractions will also return to Barrett-Jackson in January in the form of luxury vendors, galas and fashion shows. Barrett-Jackson’s trendy night-spot, “The Garage,” will be the site of exclusive gatherings throughout the event.

Established in 1971 and headquartered in Scottsdale, Ariz., Barrett-Jackson specializes in providing products and services to classic and collector car owners, astute collectors and automotive enthusiasts around the world. The company produces the “World’s Greatest Collector Car Auctions™️” in Scottsdale, Palm Beach, Fla. and Las Vegas. For more information about Barrett-Jackson, visit www.barrett-jackson.com

Couldn't decide if this should go in "Other Artists" or "The Grease Pit"... Barret4
Back to top Go down
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

Couldn't decide if this should go in "Other Artists" or "The Grease Pit"... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Couldn't decide if this should go in "Other Artists" or "The Grease Pit"...   Couldn't decide if this should go in "Other Artists" or "The Grease Pit"... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 7:21 am

"Van Halen’s 1956 Chevrolet Nomad station wagon sports a classic “Cashmere Blue” and white paint scheme and was once part of the famed “The Harrah Collection” in Reno, Nev. The car underwent a frame-off restoration and features a 265 c.i.d., 210 horsepower “Power Pack” V8 engine, power steering and power brakes. An upgrade to disc brakes was added for improved stopping and safer driving.""

I'll take the Nomad...it's a good kid hauler and grocery getter. Laughing And the upgrade to disc brakes...always the FIRST thing that should be done on those old cars. Drum brakes...nah, no good.

Ol' Eddies not looking too bad either....

If I could only win the lottery,
hrg
Back to top Go down
Budgie

Budgie

PostSubject: Re: Couldn't decide if this should go in "Other Artists" or "The Grease Pit"...   Couldn't decide if this should go in "Other Artists" or "The Grease Pit"... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 8:04 am

I just want to know when Edward was elected president of ELVH INC? I don't recall voting for him...

OK HRG, you can take the Nomad... I'll take the 210. I'm diggin' the matching Wolfgang geetars that come with the cars, too!!

Hot For Teacher,
Budgie VH
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Couldn't decide if this should go in "Other Artists" or "The Grease Pit"...   Couldn't decide if this should go in "Other Artists" or "The Grease Pit"... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 10:44 am

Hot Rod Girl wrote:
"Van Halen’s 1956 Chevrolet Nomad station wagon sports a classic “Cashmere Blue” and white paint scheme and was once part of the famed “The Harrah Collection” in Reno, Nev. The car underwent a frame-off restoration and features a 265 c.i.d., 210 horsepower “Power Pack” V8 engine, power steering and power brakes. An upgrade to disc brakes was added for improved stopping and safer driving.""

I'll take the Nomad...it's a good kid hauler and grocery getter. Laughing And the upgrade to disc brakes...always the FIRST thing that should be done on those old cars. Drum brakes...nah, no good.

hrg

hey now..you may not be familiar with Buick drum brakes, a good deal of rod builders
will put a set of buick drums up front. keep it old school!

btw... I want the proper paint job on thte guitar and car, no sock hop.
Couldn't decide if this should go in "Other Artists" or "The Grease Pit"... Charvels
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
Budgie

Budgie

PostSubject: Re: Couldn't decide if this should go in "Other Artists" or "The Grease Pit"...   Couldn't decide if this should go in "Other Artists" or "The Grease Pit"... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 11:29 am

I think this (Fender) is the fourth different company that Ed's done a signature model with, isn't it?
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Couldn't decide if this should go in "Other Artists" or "The Grease Pit"...   Couldn't decide if this should go in "Other Artists" or "The Grease Pit"... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 2:30 pm

Budgie wrote:
I think this (Fender) is the fourth different company that Ed's done a signature model with, isn't it?
Fender is trying to own every company! We saw their custom shop model of Eds guitar
last yr, my older boy about fell over getting to see that.
hey if you love the original Eddie tone, read this guys article on having Seymour Duncan
build you his early sound, guit pkup.. makes me want to put my old pkguard back on my strat and go humbuckin again "runnin with the devil"..

Couldn't decide if this should go in "Other Artists" or "The Grease Pit"... Evh%20pickup
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
vic

vic

PostSubject: Re: Couldn't decide if this should go in "Other Artists" or "The Grease Pit"...   Couldn't decide if this should go in "Other Artists" or "The Grease Pit"... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 12:32 pm

It's sad when divorce splits up the family, maybe he and Valerie could have joint custody of the cars. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Couldn't decide if this should go in "Other Artists" or "The Grease Pit"...   Couldn't decide if this should go in "Other Artists" or "The Grease Pit"... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Couldn't decide if this should go in "Other Artists" or "The Grease Pit"...
Page 1 of 1