Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

what a bad day!!! :(

Go down 
+4
tvthewiredturtle
Pistol Pete
Cristo
Kelley
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Kelley

what a bad day!!! :( Empty
PostSubject: what a bad day!!! :(   what a bad day!!! :( Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 4:27 pm

I was ringing up customers at mine and my brother's restaurant today and my brother was telling all the customers
"oh well our cook didnt' show up today, I told him to just catch the bus here, but my register lady (pointing to me) at least showed up!"

argggghhhh what the heck?? Evil or Very Mad register lady???
of course I show up, where else would I be? I was the one that got the restaurant going in the first place geee
and the worst part is that some customers actually think that I'm just some lady working there they don't get my brother's humor
Back to top Go down
Cristo

Cristo

PostSubject: Re: what a bad day!!! :(   what a bad day!!! :( Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 4:36 pm

You know he's just bustin' your chops! It's good to make some light-hearted jokes with the customers, makes them feel welcome in your place.

I'm sure your brother knows you're busting your butt, and surely does NOT think of you as "just the register lady".

By the way, how are the burgers at your place? And, do you make strawberry shakes? tongue
Back to top Go down
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: what a bad day!!! :(   what a bad day!!! :( Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 4:51 pm

the burgers are outstanding at our place as we have what we call the 'Firehouse Burger' which is pastrami on top of the burger-a dieter's dream! Very Happy
we do not sell strawberry shakes though, I think we only sell ice cream at our beach loation during the summertime

thank you Cristo for making my day!
Back to top Go down
Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete

PostSubject: Re: what a bad day!!! :(   what a bad day!!! :( Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 5:35 pm

Hey Kelley,
I run what we call over here a Cafe`, we have about 28 staff, 180 seater. It's called Manto Cafe`and we're on The Parade, Norwood, one of Adelaide's premier eating/shopping streets. I've been here off and on as a manager for 14 years. I do the rosters, train staff, hire and fire staff, do the banking, do the wages, do the ordering of stock, organize events (coincidentely we have the Tour Down Under start in front of our shop next Tuesday, I'll probably see Lance Armstrong in here), organize the front of house, balance the tills, open and close the shop, fill in as pizza maker when need be, etc, etc ........... you don't want to know what I called!!!! Even by our regulars! Especially a certain Mustang driving, Gretsch playing Thursday night regular customer forum member!!

what a bad day!!! :( P3080378what a bad day!!! :( P3080381what a bad day!!! :( P3080377what a bad day!!! :( P3080376

It's part and parcel of the industry!! Just learn to give as good as ya get!! Oh yeah, and don't forget who REALLY is charge!
Back to top Go down
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: what a bad day!!! :(   what a bad day!!! :( Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 5:38 pm

yeah really Pete, there really is a lot to run a restaurant besides serve the food, he he
those sweets on the bottom there look good!!! tongue
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: what a bad day!!! :(   what a bad day!!! :( Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 7:28 pm

man what I would give to go visit you guys (along with a good wad of cash in the
wallet)... I need an escape.

btw.. I have 5 yrs of small restaurant management experience and 4 yrs as Owner/operator of an Acrylics Fabrication company... can I get a job? Smile
I also have worked as music department administrator/trainer/tech director at corporate size non profit organizations... will that get me a dollar more than minimum wage?
I sure cant find work in riverside
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete

PostSubject: Re: what a bad day!!! :(   what a bad day!!! :( Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 7:53 pm

tvthewiredturtle wrote:
man what I would give to go visit you guys (along with a good wad of cash in the

btw.. I have 5 yrs of small restaurant management experience and 4 yrs as Owner/operator of an Acrylics Fabrication company... can I get a job? Smile
I also have worked as music department administrator/trainer/tech director at corporate size non profit organizations... will that get me a dollar more than minimum wage?

Sure TaV,
I always got a position for "Underwater Sink Panel Beater" going.............
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: what a bad day!!! :(   what a bad day!!! :( Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 8:01 pm

Pistol Pete wrote:
tvthewiredturtle wrote:

Sure TaV,

watch your shins buddy.....
btw..you know Setzer's supposedly only an inch taller than me... He thinks Creepers make him 5' 9". Smile
Back to top Go down
Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete

PostSubject: Re: what a bad day!!! :(   what a bad day!!! :( Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 6:39 am

tvthewiredturtle wrote:
Pistol Pete wrote:
tvthewiredturtle wrote:

Sure TaV,

btw..you know Setzer's supposedly only an inch taller than me... He thinks Creepers make him 5' 9". Smile

Now, now TV!! No way to talk to a future employer!!

BTW what is minimum wage over there? Here you're looking at roughly $15/hr Mon-Fri B4 6pm and slides up to $30+ on Sun. Plus perks and bonuses.

And I don't believe you about Setzer, I remember him being fairly tall, 6-6 2?
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: what a bad day!!! :(   what a bad day!!! :( Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 7:37 am

Sorry, Pete. I'm 6'1". and the Brian was definitely a few inches shorter than me - though he is in motorcycle boots in this photo, while I'm in my Gene Simmons platform heels.

what a bad day!!! :( ShoutItOutLoud

Minneapolis Rock City-billy
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: what a bad day!!! :(   what a bad day!!! :( Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 9:05 am

Pistol Pete wrote:
tvthewiredturtle wrote:
Pistol Pete wrote:
tvthewiredturtle wrote:

Sure TaV,

Now, now TV!! No way to talk to a future employer!!

BTW what is minimum wage over there? Here you're looking at roughly $15/hr Mon-Fri B4 6pm and slides up to $30+ on Sun. Plus perks and bonuses.

And I don't believe you about Setzer, I remember him being fairly tall, 6-6 2?

Good luck on that one about Setzer being tall, ha! His mic boom is set the same heighth I use.. 5'9" tops with that Cat.

ps. last job I quit because they only paid $20 p hr., I'm not a cheap date.
Back to top Go down
Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete

PostSubject: Re: what a bad day!!! :(   what a bad day!!! :( Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 2:29 pm

Good luck on that one about Setzer being tall, ha! His mic boom is set the same heighth I use.. 5'9" tops with that Cat.

ps. last job I quit because they only paid $20 p hr., I'm not a cheap date.[/quote]

Man it must be a LONG time since I last saw him live! I could swear he was taller than 5'9"! But it makes sense...'59 Gretsch. born '59, height5'9"........

You might not be a cheap date, but I'd take ya out if ya like beer!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: what a bad day!!! :(   what a bad day!!! :( Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 3:15 pm

Kelley,
if you got problems at your restaurant, do not hesitate it..

CALL GORDON RAMSEY!!!!! What the f*** is this?? What the f*** is this f**** restaurant??? Who the f*** should be in the f*** kitchen??

Jon F*** Ramsey!
Back to top Go down
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: what a bad day!!! :(   what a bad day!!! :( Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 7:27 pm

speaking of Gordon Ramsay, did you know that I am part of his newsletter club? I always get emails of new openings or paties or specials but of course they always seem to take place in London or the rest of Europe and he wrote me a thank you note once (through his management I think) but still...seems to be quite nice in person

he looks like that Popeye character a bit, don't you think?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: what a bad day!!! :(   what a bad day!!! :( Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 3:02 am

I remember him visiting US restaurants too.
As a business man, he's a master... but as a person, he's a prick, honestly.
I've never seen such an impatient man losing his fiery temper as much as he does!
Back to top Go down
Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete

PostSubject: Re: what a bad day!!! :(   what a bad day!!! :( Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 2:51 pm

This is what Rene sees every Thursday.....what a bad day!!! :( P1160218.. it'd make me wanna come back... NOT!!!!!
Back to top Go down
nietsk

PostSubject: Re: what a bad day!!! :(   what a bad day!!! :( Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 3:12 pm

Rickabilly wrote:
Sorry, Pete. I'm 6'1". and the Brian was definitely a few inches shorter than me - though he is in motorcycle boots in this photo, while I'm in my Gene Simmons platform heels.

What is this?? Was this discussed before? Can't think of another reason why I'm the first to ask.. Please rickabilly, fill me in.

Greetz
Back to top Go down
I'm Incinerator

PostSubject: Re: what a bad day!!! :(   what a bad day!!! :( Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 3:24 pm

tvthewiredturtle wrote:

ps. last job I quit because they only paid $20 p hr., I'm not a cheap date.

I'm glad I live in the midwest...on the other hand...being a college graduate should have better perks...because I'm not even touching that salary level, yet
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: what a bad day!!! :(   what a bad day!!! :( Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 4:00 pm

nietsk wrote:
Rickabilly wrote:

What is this?? Was this discussed before? Can't think of another reason why I'm the first to ask.. Please rickabilly, fill me in.

Greetz

It takes a guy whose 5'9" with a pomp and creepers on a boomstand mic, to know a 5'9" guy with a pomp and creepers.. Smile
Back to top Go down
pony65k

pony65k

PostSubject: Re: what a bad day!!! :(   what a bad day!!! :( Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 2:03 pm

Pistol Pete wrote:
This is what Rene sees every Thursday.....what a bad day!!! :( P1160218.. it'd make me wanna come back... NOT!!!!!

Yep, that's what I have to contend with Wink Pete was actually in a good mood when this photo was taken Razz

René (never piss off the person who's in charge of the food)
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/pony65k
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: what a bad day!!! :(   what a bad day!!! :( Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 5:15 pm

nietsk wrote:
Rickabilly wrote:

Greetz

This was in June 2006 right after the Lee's Liquor Lounge show. Brian and the Nashvillains put on a great show, then Brian and I put on the grease paint, and the next thing you know, "13" happened.

Seriously, never leave me unattended with a box of crayons.

Nobody's Up to Nothin'-billy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what a bad day!!! :(   what a bad day!!! :( Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

what a bad day!!! :(
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge :: Off topic-
Jump to: