Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Stray Cats concert review from Perth with photo!! :)

Go down 
+13
Frenchyfab
Guitarmaniac
gretschoholic
tvthewiredturtle
Rickabilly
MEMPHISSUN
Kid Setzer
Dave
donpepe
daddio66in2008
Andi
Setzerado
Kelley
17 posters
AuthorMessage
Kelley

Stray Cats concert review from Perth with photo!! :) Empty
PostSubject: Stray Cats concert review from Perth with photo!! :)   Stray Cats concert review from Perth with photo!! :) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 12:33 am

Like a Star @ heaven

Last edited by Kelley on Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Setzerado

Setzerado

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats concert review from Perth with photo!! :)   Stray Cats concert review from Perth with photo!! :) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 2:00 am

Fantastic ! Thanks Kelley.
The tour starts hot !!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats concert review from Perth with photo!! :)   Stray Cats concert review from Perth with photo!! :) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 2:16 am

Quote :
The Cats, who undertook their sell-out Farewell European Tour last year, aren’t calling it quits. Setzer says he’s had his fill of international airports, lost luggage and sleep deprivation, so anyone who wants to catch the band in future will have to do so in their native America.

There you go America. Let's hear your appreciation and excitement please!!

Just finished reading the review. You can tell this guy is a true fan and really knows the music- even knows Brian's guitars. I got all smiley and excited for the Cats just reading the joy in that review. Brilliant, I hope the rest of Australia is as appreciative.

Last edited by andi on Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
daddio66in2008

daddio66in2008

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats concert review from Perth with photo!! :)   Stray Cats concert review from Perth with photo!! :) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 2:53 am

Great read for a Monday morning. Thanks. Is it April yet!!!!! bounce

Russ
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/daddio66in2000
donpepe

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats concert review from Perth with photo!! :)   Stray Cats concert review from Perth with photo!! :) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 3:12 am

Yeah, Cats are rockin again!
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats concert review from Perth with photo!! :)   Stray Cats concert review from Perth with photo!! :) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 4:42 am

kelleyM wrote:
read it here:

Stray Cats review

Very Happy Very Happy

and here is the petition the everyone had signed
(but pay no attention to #587-GROSS!!)

Stray Cats petition

Of course everyone has now gone first to see what 587 says !!

Kind of weird to put on a public petition !

Dave
Back to top Go down
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats concert review from Perth with photo!! :)   Stray Cats concert review from Perth with photo!! :) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 4:53 am

Like a Star @ heaven

Last edited by Kelley on Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats concert review from Perth with photo!! :)   Stray Cats concert review from Perth with photo!! :) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 4:58 am

Haha I think I first signed that petition like 5 years ago.. and then again pretty recently because I forgot that I had already signed it Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kidsetzer
MEMPHISSUN

MEMPHISSUN

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats concert review from Perth with photo!! :)   Stray Cats concert review from Perth with photo!! :) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 4:59 am

Good to read that slim jim seems to be back to his rockin" best!.

king
Back to top Go down
http://www.hankgarland.com
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats concert review from Perth with photo!! :)   Stray Cats concert review from Perth with photo!! :) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 6:27 am

andi wrote:
Quote :
The Cats, who undertook their sell-out Farewell European Tour last year, aren’t calling it quits. Setzer says he’s had his fill of international airports, lost luggage and sleep deprivation, so anyone who wants to catch the band in future will have to do so in their native America.

There you go America. Let's hear your appreciation and excitement please!!

That "Farewell" business with Europe was always so carefully-worded. I never had any doubts. Now that it's been made abundantly clear, I hope this puts an end to the stateside whining.

Believe-everything-I-read-a-billy
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats concert review from Perth with photo!! :)   Stray Cats concert review from Perth with photo!! :) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 7:26 am

"Last night he played his signature orange Gretsch, a cherry-red sparkle
Gretsch, leopard print Gretsch, and a bright purple Gretsch, each worth
more than $10,000."

.....hmmmm Suspect
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
gretschoholic

gretschoholic

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats concert review from Perth with photo!! :)   Stray Cats concert review from Perth with photo!! :) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 8:46 am

tvthewiredturtle wrote:
"Last night he played his signature orange Gretsch, a cherry-red sparkle
Gretsch, leopard print Gretsch, and a bright purple Gretsch, each worth
more than $10,000."

.....hmmmm Suspect

The original '59 would raise that amount, wouldn't it? Plus, rock stars' guitars tend to generate more money when they're sold. But I guess you could change ONE word and everything would be correct: Wink

Last night he played his signature orange Gretsch, a cherry-red sparkle
Gretsch, leopard print Gretsch, and a bright purple Gretsch, collectively worth
more than $10,000.

But this was a really good review IMO.They've actually sent a reporter who knows the artist he's writing about (obviously a fan, but not an a**kissing worshipper Laughing ). Now if all newspapers could learn from this...

Anders
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/builtforspeedband
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats concert review from Perth with photo!! :)   Stray Cats concert review from Perth with photo!! :) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 12:35 pm

Normal Setzer Signature Gretsches pull $6000 AUD. A Setzer-owned one would certainly be $10,000 AUD.
Back to top Go down
Guitarmaniac

Guitarmaniac

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats concert review from Perth with photo!! :)   Stray Cats concert review from Perth with photo!! :) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 12:47 pm

I thought he really plays his old '59s live...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockabillyguitarmaniac
Frenchyfab

Frenchyfab

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats concert review from Perth with photo!! :)   Stray Cats concert review from Perth with photo!! :) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 5:44 am

La vache! it will take me hours to only translate that review.

Happily, pictures are International language.

Anywhere we can find the complete setlist of the shows?

Thanks for posting

Farewell or not, that's really good to grow old with the Stray cats still on the scene.

Diable, que ces photos sont belles!
sunny
Back to top Go down
webelvis

webelvis

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats concert review from Perth with photo!! :)   Stray Cats concert review from Perth with photo!! :) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 6:06 am

Guitarmaniac wrote:
I thought he really plays his old '59s live...
He normally does for Stra Cat strut and Sleepwalk, for the Rest the others are doing it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockabillyswingjazz
ScottS
ScottS

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats concert review from Perth with photo!! :)   Stray Cats concert review from Perth with photo!! :) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 11:06 am

I like this comment on the article:

Quote :
I was there. great gig. but more than one beer tent is required. Also the morons in the crowd pushing and shoving, cmon more respect please, especially the women who think they can do what they want

Posted by: Satch of Ascot Vale 9:07am today

LOL
Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Cat

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats concert review from Perth with photo!! :)   Stray Cats concert review from Perth with photo!! :) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 11:52 am

Frenchyfab wrote:
La vache! it will take me hours to only translate that review.

Happily, pictures are International language.

Anywhere we can find the complete setlist of the shows?

Thanks for posting

Farewell or not, that's really good to grow old with the Stray cats still on the scene.

Diable, que ces photos sont belles!
sunny

Complete setlists from the shows can be found at The Brian Setzer Setlist Archive.

A link is available below.

Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
http://www.setzerarchive.com
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats concert review from Perth with photo!! :)   Stray Cats concert review from Perth with photo!! :) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 11:56 am

Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:06 pm

Quote:
I was there. great gig. but more than one beer tent is required. Also the morons in the crowd pushing and shoving, cmon more respect please, especially the women who think they can do what they want

LOL

That is funny. What is it with women who think they can use their "assets" to show up 10 minutes before the show and try to worm their way to the front of the stage? I remember toughing it out through three opening bands at the Beaumont in KC to hear the 68 CBS, and in the middle of Brian's set, three jiggly drunk chicks figure they could bump and grind their way to the front when they had obviously been to the bar in the back of the room several times that night.

And age isn't a factor in this situation, either. I was particularly proud of the 60 and 70-somethings at the Buddy Holly tribute a couple weeks ago, who held their ground for 5 1/2 hours, refusing to yield their spots on the floor to the intoxicated poodle skirt wearing drunkards who insisted they were "just trying to get back to their spot at the front of the stage." I might have let them through, out of respect for my elders, but the people around me who toughed it out not only that night, but most likely at the 3 other nights of shows, closed ranks, giving their liquored-up peers a piece of their mind. Good for them! (Said the man who is closer to 60 than 20!)

Amazingly, I only witnessed one cardiac event at that show. I would have expected three or four visits from the paramedics over 5 1/2 hours of rockin'.

You ought to see Grandma rock-a-billy
Back to top Go down
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats concert review from Perth with photo!! :)   Stray Cats concert review from Perth with photo!! :) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 2:19 pm

Rickabilly wrote:
Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:06 pm

Quote:

LOL

That is funny. What is it with women who think they can use their "assets" to show up 10 minutes before the show and try to worm their way to the front of the stage? I remember toughing it out through three opening bands at the Beaumont in KC to hear the 68 CBS, and in the middle of Brian's set, three jiggly drunk chicks figure they could bump and grind their way to the front when they had obviously been to the bar in the back of the room several times that night.

And age isn't a factor in this situation, either. I was particularly proud of the 60 and 70-somethings at the Buddy Holly tribute a couple weeks ago, who held their ground for 5 1/2 hours, refusing to yield their spots on the floor to the intoxicated poodle skirt wearing drunkards who insisted they were "just trying to get back to their spot at the front of the stage." I might have let them through, out of respect for my elders, but the people around me who toughed it out not only that night, but most likely at the 3 other nights of shows, closed ranks, giving their liquored-up peers a piece of their mind. Good for them! (Said the man who is closer to 60 than 20!)

Amazingly, I only witnessed one cardiac event at that show. I would have expected three or four visits from the paramedics over 5 1/2 hours of rockin'.

You ought to see Grandma rock-a-billy

Good story. We've been to way too many GA shows to count, and whenever we are up front (after waiting for waaaaay too long pre- show), we encounter such people weaseling their way up front. Usually, my husband spots 'em coming and tells me "get wide". Which means widen my stance and make my body bigger to keep them from barging through. I know it may seem kind of witchy to those weaseling, but c'mon...you want to be up front for the show, then wait like the rest of us!

No weaseling allowed!
hrg
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats concert review from Perth with photo!! :)   Stray Cats concert review from Perth with photo!! :) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stray Cats concert review from Perth with photo!! :)
Page 1 of 1