Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Setzer and Nashvillians, OC may 16th..tix this fri

Go down 
+2
Kelley
tvthewiredturtle
6 posters
AuthorMessage
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

Setzer and Nashvillians, OC may 16th..tix this fri Empty
PostSubject: Setzer and Nashvillians, OC may 16th..tix this fri   Setzer and Nashvillians, OC may 16th..tix this fri Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 7:42 am

I've known about this local concert appearance and didnt want to
make a noise about it ( found it here: http://www.omegaevents.com/dohenyblues/ )but Setzer and the nashvillians will be
at the Doheny Blues Festival saturday. Tickets on sale at 10am friday the 20th, unless posted different than the Omega events website:
"PRE-SALE FOR MEMBERS OF THE B.S. FAN CLUB
(Saturday headliner name withheld until Tues. February 17):
We are selling Saturday tickets to members of the B.S. Fan Club - if
you received an email, you know who you are. As a member of the B.S.
Fan Club, you will have first crack at single-day tickets for Saturday
at the Doheny Blues Festival. Again, tickets will be on-sale on Fri.
Feb. 20 at 10 a.m."
Setzer and Nashvillians, OC may 16th..tix this fri Bs-nashvillians-2009-banner
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: Setzer and Nashvillians, OC may 16th..tix this fri   Setzer and Nashvillians, OC may 16th..tix this fri Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 1:18 pm

um, andi had posted this message a few days ago about the appearance,
but not about when the tickets go on sale (that part wasn't known yet)
but thank you for sharing!
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Setzer and Nashvillians, OC may 16th..tix this fri   Setzer and Nashvillians, OC may 16th..tix this fri Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 2:08 pm

kelleyM wrote:
um, andi had posted this message a few days ago about the appearance,
but not about when the tickets go on sale (that part wasn't known yet)
but thank you for sharing!

well ladeedadee, she gets the bonus points I guess I love you
Back to top Go down
crazy mixed up kid

crazy mixed up kid

PostSubject: Re: Setzer and Nashvillians, OC may 16th..tix this fri   Setzer and Nashvillians, OC may 16th..tix this fri Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 2:21 pm

Evening All

Can someone give me a run down of what to expect at this Blues Festival please.

Is it an outside Festival?
Does it spread over a weekend?
If there are loads & loads of other bands performing that day are the setlists reduced by each band?
Is the Festival miles & miles from nowhere?
Are you miles from the stage? i.e the crowd located in the next field to the stage area.

As I missed tickets for BS 50th Birthday Bash I'm now considering what other US gig I might realistically be able to get to instead this year? With consideration to location of venue & facilities (hotels?)

Thanks all.....

CMUK
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Setzer and Nashvillians, OC may 16th..tix this fri   Setzer and Nashvillians, OC may 16th..tix this fri Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 2:37 pm

crazy mixed up kid wrote:
Evening All

Can someone give me a run down of what to expect at this Blues Festival please.

Is it an outside Festival?
Does it spread over a weekend?
If there are loads & loads of other bands performing that day are the setlists reduced by each band?
Is the Festival miles & miles from nowhere?
Are you miles from the stage? i.e the crowd located in the next field to the stage area.

As I missed tickets for BS 50th Birthday Bash I'm now considering what other US gig I might realistically be able to get to instead this year? With consideration to location of venue & facilities (hotels?)

Thanks all.....

CMUK

totally in orange county right next to the harbor (yards), butt load of people and tourists (although its not quite summer vacation so it not too bad), 3 day festival with a grip of bands. Plan on tons of hippy chics and greying ponytail dudes and mullets in hawaiian shirts and burkenstocks. Not a rockabilly crowd, but if you are there for beer and blues.. you are there for the right reason. king

a small skip down the highway takes you to Capistrano, thats a nice little place to relax away from dana point.
Back to top Go down
Gloria

Gloria

PostSubject: Re: Setzer and Nashvillians, OC may 16th..tix this fri   Setzer and Nashvillians, OC may 16th..tix this fri Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 6:26 am

The Omega Events site now shows Brian, B.B. King and The Derek Trucks Band as headliners. It also notes on Brian's biography this will be the only Nashvillains show of 2009 (see Performance Schedule).

http://www.omegaevents.com/dohenyblues/
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Setzer and Nashvillians, OC may 16th..tix this fri   Setzer and Nashvillians, OC may 16th..tix this fri Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 8:54 am

Gloria wrote:
The Omega Events site now shows Brian, B.B. King and The Derek Trucks Band as headliners. It also notes on Brian's biography this will be the only Nashvillains show of 2009 (see Performance Schedule).

http://www.omegaevents.com/dohenyblues/

Derek kicks major blues guitar ass! its gonna be a good show!

and wait till you see Setzer's nashvillians!! true villiany, truly nashville! pirat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Setzer and Nashvillians, OC may 16th..tix this fri   Setzer and Nashvillians, OC may 16th..tix this fri Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 5:27 am

Does anyone have any idea about the line-up for the Nashvillians show??
bs.com said it would be posted on 17th, but no trace of it by now...

I still think the line-up will include Ronnie Crutcher, Bernie Dresel and Robbie Chevrier.

I love both pianists, Robbie and Kevin, though the former from my viewpoint has a more musical playing.
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: Setzer and Nashvillians, OC may 16th..tix this fri   Setzer and Nashvillians, OC may 16th..tix this fri Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 6:38 am

To me, "line-up" means a listing of the other acts on the festival. That has been posted on the festival website. Never have I seen any of Brian's band members listed on promotional items. As far as the festival (or any venue is concerned,) the name "Brian Setzer" is what sells tickets.

The reason the Setzer site had that note about the line-up being announced on the 17th is that the festival website wasn't listing any of the performers last week. So Setzer fans were given a bit of a heads up on the Nashvillains show. Clearly, "line-up" in this case meant a listing of the headlining performers.

I remember Robbie Chevrier's first show New Year's Eve 2005 in Anaheim, when we saw photos after the show, and there was no mention of him replacing Kevin McKendree (who has a regular gig with Delbert McClinton). A day or two later, Tommy did post the line-up, along with a setlist and more photos of the show. Once in a while, though not on every tour, Tommy would list the BSO personnel in advance of the tour. But you wouldn't see the '68 CBS or Nashvillains line-up on Ticketmaster or the venue websites.

Maybe someone who knows Robbie, Ronnie, or Bernie can confirm their participation in this show. Not that it matters - Brian always picks top-notch guys, and I'm sure it will be rockin'.

Plastic Ono Band-a-billy
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Setzer and Nashvillians, OC may 16th..tix this fri   Setzer and Nashvillians, OC may 16th..tix this fri Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 8:44 am

JonPascual wrote:

I still think the line-up will include Ronnie Crutcher, Bernie Dresel and Robbie Chevrier.

I love both pianists, Robbie and Kevin, though the former from my viewpoint has a more musical playing.

no bernie at all... new drummer is a villain and from nashville though.
good guess on the bassist Cool
I am sworn to secrecy still so thats all the hints I can give at the moment.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Setzer and Nashvillians, OC may 16th..tix this fri   Setzer and Nashvillians, OC may 16th..tix this fri Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 2:17 pm

Oh dammit!
it's a pity Bernie it's no longer available for the Nashvillians...

Anyway Tavo, thanks for your information.

BTW, I got the first show of the recent BSO Japanese tour and the new drummer, Tony Pia... I can't say he's bad, otherwise he wouldn't be there but he seems to have a cold style, like he's not fitting in the band at all... but well, it's just my opinion
Back to top Go down
Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete

PostSubject: Re: Setzer and Nashvillians, OC may 16th..tix this fri   Setzer and Nashvillians, OC may 16th..tix this fri Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 3:38 pm

tvthewiredturtle wrote:
JonPascual wrote:

Hey TV,

Hopefully you get recognized by the B and get a wave and a smile!!! hahaha!!
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Setzer and Nashvillians, OC may 16th..tix this fri   Setzer and Nashvillians, OC may 16th..tix this fri Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 8:11 pm

Pistol Pete wrote:
tvthewiredturtle wrote:
JonPascual wrote:

Hey TV,

Hopefully you get recognized by the B and get a wave and a smile!!! hahaha!!

no smile needed, just sign me to surfdog records...
(cue simon cowl: "yur singing is like a brama bull mating with a woodchipper" ) rabbit
Back to top Go down
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: Setzer and Nashvillians, OC may 16th..tix this fri   Setzer and Nashvillians, OC may 16th..tix this fri Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 12:44 am

Microbrew tasting

heh heh I bet that is one of the highlights of the event, eh? Wink
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Setzer and Nashvillians, OC may 16th..tix this fri   Setzer and Nashvillians, OC may 16th..tix this fri Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 7:32 am

kelleyM wrote:
Microbrew tasting

heh heh I bet that is one of the highlights of the event, eh? Wink

nah thats for beer "snobs" pig pig
Back to top Go down
crazy mixed up kid

crazy mixed up kid

PostSubject: Re: Setzer and Nashvillians, OC may 16th..tix this fri   Setzer and Nashvillians, OC may 16th..tix this fri Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 2:30 pm

Micro Brews & REAL Ales......we love all that here in the UK.

O NO......I sense another 'mick take' from TV.
We play football with that round ball thing & we play Rugby with an American Football he'll be having a go at our Gentlemenly Game of Cricket next.

CMUK
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Setzer and Nashvillians, OC may 16th..tix this fri   Setzer and Nashvillians, OC may 16th..tix this fri Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 7:53 pm

crazy mixed up kid wrote:
Micro Brews & REAL Ales......we love all that here in the UK.

O NO......I sense another 'mick take' from TV.
We play football with that round ball thing & we play Rugby with an American Football he'll be having a go at our Gentlemenly Game of Cricket next.

CMUK

cricket's that game of pickle you play with a cue ball and a boat paddle right?
tongue tongue Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Setzer and Nashvillians, OC may 16th..tix this fri   Setzer and Nashvillians, OC may 16th..tix this fri Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Setzer and Nashvillians, OC may 16th..tix this fri
Page 1 of 1