Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Thanks to all our Aussies!

Go down 
+10
Bear85
Guitarmaniac
Brett
FrenchyCat
gretschoholic
Aussie_Sam
Hot Rod Girl
Andi
pony65k
webelvis
14 posters
AuthorMessage
webelvis

webelvis

Thanks to all our Aussies! Empty
PostSubject: Thanks to all our Aussies!   Thanks to all our Aussies! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 12:26 pm

I realy want to thank our Aussi-Cats for all their effort to keep us, that we had to stay at home, updated. I think there couldn't have been anything better than this (except for realy going to the shows). It's making me very happy to see how much you cared for us!
It was a lot of pleasure to read everything about the shows, and it was sooo much!

So, thank you Cats and Kittens!!

cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockabillyswingjazz
pony65k

pony65k

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to all our Aussies!   Thanks to all our Aussies! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 12:52 pm

Webby, it was a pleasure to share my experiences with everyone here. I'm especially happy to dis-spell the negative stories I've heard about Brian. It was a sensational time and I'm really happy that I could share that with everyone and hopefully make you all part of it, as we all share the same love for what Brian, Lee and Slim Jim give us.

I'm still on a high, and happy to have everyone on my cloud.

René-a-pony
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/pony65k
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to all our Aussies!   Thanks to all our Aussies! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 1:44 pm

Webby, thank you for thanking us! I'm really glad people have enjoyed our stories.

For me, being able to meet and hang out with other people from the HDVDL was a really big part of what made the whole experience so good. Don't get me wrong, the show and talking to Brian afterwards would've been total highlights no matter what, but being able to share all that with folks here was so special. Standing next to your friend while they're having the time of their life - and you are too - is so wonderful.

You know what would be cool? HDVDL tshirts. The folks in each country could get different ones, like "Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge Australia", "Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge Germany", etc. At future events we could all wear them and hang out together, and Brian could see just how many of us there are all around the world!

Okay, maybe not Wink
Back to top Go down
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to all our Aussies!   Thanks to all our Aussies! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 1:55 pm

andi wrote:

You know what would be cool? HDVDL tshirts. The folks in each country could get different ones, like "Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge Australia", "Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge Germany", etc. At future events we could all wear them and hang out together, and Brian could see just how many of us there are all around the world!

Okay, maybe not Wink

I'm in, as long as they're not bright, traffic cone orange, or some other obnoxious day-glo color. Although...I think all us "Cheeseheads" should get our yellow cheese triangle hats, and print HDVDL on the sides. That's how we do it here in Wisconsin! Whaddya think fellow cheeseheads?

Laughing
hrg
Back to top Go down
Aussie_Sam

Aussie_Sam

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to all our Aussies!   Thanks to all our Aussies! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 2:12 pm

No probs at all Web, we had a ball being there and a ball reporting back about our adventures.

Last edited by Aussie_Sam on Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : cant spell)
Back to top Go down
pony65k

pony65k

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to all our Aussies!   Thanks to all our Aussies! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 2:14 pm

andi wrote:

Okay, maybe not Wink

Great idea!! Have the Cat's head on it and HDVdL circling the head.

Sign me up!!
Back to top Go down
gretschoholic

gretschoholic

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to all our Aussies!   Thanks to all our Aussies! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 2:45 pm

webelvis wrote:
I realy want to thank our Aussi-Cats for all their effort to keep us, that we had to stay at home, updated. I think there couldn't have been anything better than this (except for realy going to the shows). It's making me very happy to see how much you cared for us!
It was a lot of pleasure to read everything about the shows, and it was sooo much!

So, thank you Cats and Kittens!!

cheers

Totally agree with Webby! It's been a pleasure reading all the comments, all the reviews, and looking at your photos - almost (but not Wink ) like being there. So a huge THANK YOU to Andi, Pete, Renè, Sam and the rest of you for sharing your stories. I don't know, but I'm pretty sure you Aussies "beat" us Euros as far as enthusiastic crowds go... cheers

Now if somebody could just post the Cats' version of Ace Of Spades on youtube...I'd love to see that! Cool

Thanks again, you guys!

Anders
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/builtforspeedband
FrenchyCat

FrenchyCat

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to all our Aussies!   Thanks to all our Aussies! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 2:57 pm

Yeah, as I wrote somewhere here, we all can thank you for your reviews, pics, emotions shared with us. It was like I (we) was (were) with you. It reminds me the last european tour, even if you lived a stronger event. Unfortunatly, after reading all your posts, I have to admit I'm here, in front of a stupid computer Sad

I'm sincerly happy for you all, the Cats had to tour Australia and it was a blast. I don't know what the future will look like, but I'm sure I'll see the rockinest guys in the galaxy again!

Thanks a lot

FrenchyCat
Back to top Go down
Brett

Brett

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to all our Aussies!   Thanks to all our Aussies! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 1:03 am

yep, totally agree.
Great stories of great people.
I`m happy for all aussies and glad you all had your fun.

This T-shirt thing would be cool. I`m in.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rhythm56
Guitarmaniac

Guitarmaniac

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to all our Aussies!   Thanks to all our Aussies! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 2:55 am

I think I might as well join in with praising your reviews, fotos and everything else.
Thanks for all this.

I did the thing with the Shirt a few years back on a Red Hot Chili Peppers Forum I used to be the admin of. Maybe if I find some time I can design something and post it here...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockabillyguitarmaniac
Bear85

Bear85

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to all our Aussies!   Thanks to all our Aussies! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 3:12 am

Hot Rod Girl wrote:
Although...I think all us "Cheeseheads" should get our yellow cheese triangle hats, and print HDVDL on the sides. That's how we do it here in Wisconsin! Whaddya think fellow cheeseheads?

Laughing
hrg

Ummm... I can just imagine how that'd go over at the birthday party next month: "EXCUSE ME SIR! COULD YOU PLEASE TAKE THAT ENORMOUS PIECE OF FOAM RUBBER OFF OF YOUR HEAD SO I CAN SEE THE SHOW?!"

It would be culturally unique to Wisconsin, hrg, but I'm a bit more inclined to go the t-shirt route Very Happy !
Back to top Go down
webelvis

webelvis

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to all our Aussies!   Thanks to all our Aussies! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 12:05 pm

I do realy like the shirt idea, It'd be a lot easier to find everybody from the board then!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockabillyswingjazz
sidelake bob

sidelake bob

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to all our Aussies!   Thanks to all our Aussies! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 1:12 pm

Thanks Aussies!
It have been fantastic to follow your tour reports.
Back to top Go down
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to all our Aussies!   Thanks to all our Aussies! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 5:52 pm

Bear85 wrote:

Ummm... I can just imagine how that'd go over at the birthday party next month: "EXCUSE ME SIR! COULD YOU PLEASE TAKE THAT ENORMOUS PIECE OF FOAM RUBBER OFF OF YOUR HEAD SO I CAN SEE THE SHOW?!"

It would be culturally unique to Wisconsin, hrg, but I'm a bit more inclined to go the t-shirt route Very Happy !

Yeah, but ya gotta admit...we'd be incredibly EASY to find in a crowd! (maybe too easy) Don't want to cause a ruckus now. It's just that most of us have one or two lying around the house, and it'd be fun to wear them to something besides a Packer game/party.... Laughing

I guess the t-shirts will just have to do. Razz
Back to top Go down
liver bird

liver bird

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to all our Aussies!   Thanks to all our Aussies! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 12:15 am

I wanna add my thanks too - I've lived each of the shows vicariously through you all Cool
Back to top Go down
Le Hub'

Le Hub'

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to all our Aussies!   Thanks to all our Aussies! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 4:23 am

A big "Bravo & Merci" to all our Aussie Cats for their fantastic stories & reports.
It was like the farewell tour was still near from us, just like last summer.
Back to top Go down
Davy Jones

Davy Jones

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to all our Aussies!   Thanks to all our Aussies! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 4:56 pm

Sorry this be a bit late (as I've been out to sea for awhile) but:

I still just want to say Thank Ye to Andi, Pete, Rene, Kid, AussieSam, their families, and all the other Setzer fans from Australia that provided us with all the wonderful coverage of the tour. I'm glad that you all got to experience some great shows and, in the case of some of you, some cool memories in meeting the legends themselves. Thanks for sharing your personal stories with us. I know I speak for most all of us here when I say that it made the tour news all the much more exciting.

So again, thank ye to all of ye.

Capt. Jones
Back to top Go down
Aussie_Sam

Aussie_Sam

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to all our Aussies!   Thanks to all our Aussies! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 6:21 pm

Thanks, Davy, we had such a great time, one we will never ever forget, i'm glad we kept you guys entertained for a few weeks...

Sam...
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to all our Aussies!   Thanks to all our Aussies! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 7:56 pm

Davy Jones wrote:
Sorry this be a bit late (as I've been out to sea for awhile) but:

I still just want to say Thank Ye to Andi, Pete, Rene, Kid, AussieSam, their families, and all the other Setzer fans from Australia that provided us with all the wonderful coverage of the tour.

Definitely a pleasure to have you back Jonesy, I for one have greatly missed your insightful and interesting posts. Glad you enjoyed our stories too, we certainly enjoyed living them!
Back to top Go down
pony65k

pony65k

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to all our Aussies!   Thanks to all our Aussies! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 4:30 pm

We only did it on the proviso that all you cats and kittens do the same for us Aussies in the future when we're Setzer/Cat's deprived Wink

It was a pleasure and a surprise that some of my rambling in particular didn't put you all to sleep.

Pony
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thanks to all our Aussies!   Thanks to all our Aussies! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thanks to all our Aussies!
Page 1 of 1