Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Brian Setzer + Jack White = Win!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Andi

Andi

Brian Setzer + Jack White = Win! Empty
PostSubject: Brian Setzer + Jack White = Win!   Brian Setzer + Jack White = Win! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 1:02 am

Of late I've really come to admire Jack White, of the White Stripes, Raconteurs and most recently The Dead Weather. He writes ear-catching songs and apparently he's quite the producer as well. It occurs to me that a Brian Setzer - Jack White project would undoubtedly be full of win! Let me state my case:

1. White is a big fan of old blues and not only does great covers but also writes some powerful and catchy blues tunes himself. See the White Stripes' Ball and Biscuit, Rag and Bone and Catch Hell Blues as examples.

2. He also has some brilliant country music sensibilities. He produced Loretta Lynn's critically acclaimed 2004 release "Van Lear Rose," and arranged and performed on her song Portland, Oregon. White's band The Raconteurs have a song called Old Enough which they later re-recorded as an amazing bluegrass tune with some friends - Ricky Skaggs on mandolin and Ashley Monroe on vocals - and while making it they spontaneously added "Wake Up Little Susie" in the middle of it!

3. I just today learned that Jack White has designed and custom-built from the ground up the brand new Third Man Studio in Nashville, TN. I distinctly remember Le Setz mentioning that for his next project he wanted to just go to Nashville and write some new material - this seems like the perfect place, time and person for him to work with!

4. It's also interesting to note that Jack White seems to favour Gretsch guitars, so at the very least they'd have plenty to talk about Smile

Brian Setzer + Jack White = Win! 2598wur Brian Setzer + Jack White = Win! Jack_White_41549t Brian Setzer + Jack White = Win! 0,,6346453,00
Back to top Go down
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: Brian Setzer + Jack White = Win!   Brian Setzer + Jack White = Win! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 8:55 am

never heard of this group, thanks andi!
Back to top Go down
Lord Vincent Blackshadow

Lord Vincent Blackshadow

PostSubject: Re: Brian Setzer + Jack White = Win!   Brian Setzer + Jack White = Win! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 12:36 pm

I think something with Brian and Ryan Adams would be great. i have all R.A.s albums and while they can be patchy and just plain weird ,he has some truly great songs and real country sensibilities. Maybe even a little rockin country type thing with Dwight Yoakam.
Back to top Go down
donpepe

PostSubject: Re: Brian Setzer + Jack White = Win!   Brian Setzer + Jack White = Win! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 1:28 pm

Jack White is a friggin genius in his own style of music.
Back to top Go down
Lord Vincent Blackshadow

Lord Vincent Blackshadow

PostSubject: Re: Brian Setzer + Jack White = Win!   Brian Setzer + Jack White = Win! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 1:42 pm

I love the White Stripes ,they are really different but still have that nice rootsy touch to thier music. BUT ,Jack Whites voice is just too whiney and spacemonkey for me.
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: Brian Setzer + Jack White = Win!   Brian Setzer + Jack White = Win! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 1:57 pm

Hopefully, he and The Brian wouldn't get in a rumble:

Brian Setzer + Jack White = Win! JACKWHITEASELVIS

By the way, I don't think a Jack White-Brian Setzer collaboration would necessarily mean a "duets" album. Nor would Jack even have to sing at all on it. He does pretty well as a songwriter and producer. It would be an intriguing collaboration even if only for a couple of songs.

Ain't Got Jack-a-billy
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: Brian Setzer + Jack White = Win!   Brian Setzer + Jack White = Win! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 11:54 pm

Rickabilly wrote:
Hopefully, he and The Brian wouldn't get in a rumble.

Hell, I'd pay to watch that!

sunny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brian Setzer + Jack White = Win!   Brian Setzer + Jack White = Win! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brian Setzer + Jack White = Win!
Page 1 of 1