Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tennis - NADAL CHAMPION

Go down 
+3
Aristocat
enjay07
Spanishdavid
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

Tennis - NADAL CHAMPION Empty
PostSubject: Tennis - NADAL CHAMPION   Tennis - NADAL CHAMPION Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 2:51 pm

Man..... what about Rafa Nadal??? he just won Wimbledon, and a couple weeks ago Roland Garros.

C´mon Frenchy Cat, discredit him as well lol!

Tennis - NADAL CHAMPION Federer_nadal_sucesion_ES
Back to top Go down
enjay07

PostSubject: Re: Tennis - NADAL CHAMPION   Tennis - NADAL CHAMPION Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 6:14 pm

I am so sorry I missed watching this match!! I heard it was the longest ever played at Wimbledon!! Although I was cheering for Federer, Nadal is an incredible athlete as well. Even though I know the outcome, I may have to watch a re-run on ESPN or something tonight.
My favorite tennis match to date remains the US Open from about 10 yrs ago or so (now) the one where Pete Sampras played his heart out (right after his coach died). I was in tears, sitting about 6 inches away from the TV cheering on Sampras!! (I thought it might help!! Very Happy )
Congrats to Nadal on a hard won match!
Back to top Go down
Aristocat

Aristocat

PostSubject: Re: Tennis - NADAL CHAMPION   Tennis - NADAL CHAMPION Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 6:47 pm

geez, what are they putting in the paella over there these days? First the football and now the tennis.

Another great victory for Spain.

cat
Back to top Go down
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

PostSubject: Re: Tennis - NADAL CHAMPION   Tennis - NADAL CHAMPION Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 12:17 pm

Aristocat wrote:
geez, what are they putting in the paella over there these days? First the football and now the tennis.

Another great victory for Spain.

cat

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

that´s really funny. Thank you for the laugh.

Tennis - NADAL CHAMPION G0707
Back to top Go down
FrenchyCat

FrenchyCat

PostSubject: Re: Tennis - NADAL CHAMPION   Tennis - NADAL CHAMPION Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 1:48 pm

Spanishdavid wrote:
Man..... what about Rafa Nadal??? he just won Wimbledon, and a couple weeks ago Roland Garros.

C´mon Frenchy Cat, discredit him as well lol!

Hey David, did I hurt you?
Anyway, if I tell you I don'y really like Nadal, will you still be my friend?

FrenchyCat
Back to top Go down
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

PostSubject: Re: Tennis - NADAL CHAMPION   Tennis - NADAL CHAMPION Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 2:14 pm

Of course. Always.

We both like ROCK´N´ROLL, so that´s a greater connection cheers

Now, tell me about the TOUR DE FRANCE: How do you like the spanish racers being banned for doping???? albino albino albino albino
Back to top Go down
FrenchyCat

FrenchyCat

PostSubject: Re: Tennis - NADAL CHAMPION   Tennis - NADAL CHAMPION Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 11:15 am

I believe that spanish & italian racers have to be put in the same dirty box!! monkey
I loved the Tour de France but I have to admit doping bored me a lot. Today, there was THE race of this Tour and at this time, I still don't know who won.

But I had idols when I was a little boy: Luis OCANA (RIP), yes my friend, I loved him (he won the Tour in 1973); Bernard HINAULT, le blaireau (nicknamed the badger), won it 5 times. During the INDURAIN years (not my fav' racer at all) I supported Claudio CHIAPUCCI. Then came Marco PANTANI, a very great man whose death shocked me: he couldn't finish like that No but he was so alone when the glory days were back.

Regarding spanish sportsmen, I agree: you have great results in tennis, Formula 1, cyclists... but still not in football! .... Oops, I forgot the last euro, sorry, David, I didn't want to Razz

FrenchyCat
Back to top Go down
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

PostSubject: Re: Tennis - NADAL CHAMPION   Tennis - NADAL CHAMPION Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 12:39 pm

Can´t believe you don´t like Miguel Induráin Shocked

Did you see Carlos Sastre today, winning at Alpe D´Huez? Wink

Tennis - NADAL CHAMPION 2008-07-30_IMG_2008-07-23_18:52:50_fotosagencias_20080723_183640

He won´t win in Paris on Sunday, but man.... what an exhibition today!

Tennis - NADAL CHAMPION Sastre-Tour-2007-3

now tell me you haven´t enjoyed today´s exhibition lol!

By the way.... just for your enjoyment.... Indurain against another great - Lance Armstrong: VIDEO: Armstrong is still looking for Induráin Very Happy

Back to top Go down
FrenchyCat

FrenchyCat

PostSubject: Re: Tennis - NADAL CHAMPION   Tennis - NADAL CHAMPION Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 3:26 pm

Not at all, Indurain wasn't my cup of tea, sorry...
I didn't see the race today but I'm happy Sastre won and has the yellow shirt (as Pedro DELGADO said once: le maillot yone Laughing ). It'll be difficult to keep it until Paris, but why not? What will be the CSC strategy? Sastre or Schleck, with a look at Evans? Just wait and (you) see (I won't, I work and as I told you, I'm bored ot it).

Regarding the video link, ok, Indurain was much more faster, but it was a time when Armstrong drank only clear water (you know what I mean?) Very Happy

Frenchy(suspecting)Cat
Back to top Go down
JB-IsleOfMan

PostSubject: Re: Tennis - NADAL CHAMPION   Tennis - NADAL CHAMPION Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 4:48 am

... I'll have to chip in and mention Mark Cavendish. A really nice guy from a tiny little Island between England and Ireland (you've all got one guess which island!).

Four stage wins for the Manx Express! Nice one, Mark.

JB
Back to top Go down
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

PostSubject: Re: Tennis - NADAL CHAMPION   Tennis - NADAL CHAMPION Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 10:02 am

FrenchyCat wrote:
It'll be difficult to keep it until Paris, but why not? What will be the CSC strategy? Sastre or Schleck, with a look at Evans? Just wait and (you) see (I won't, I work and as I told you, I'm bored ot it).

This picture may answer your question:

Tennis - NADAL CHAMPION Sastre_evans370

Hope you had a nice day at the office.
Back to top Go down
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

PostSubject: Re: Tennis - NADAL CHAMPION   Tennis - NADAL CHAMPION Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 9:08 am

Nadal, soon to be proclaimed Number 1 at the ATP´s ranking.

Winning on monday, he will be the new Number 1 at world tennis.
Back to top Go down
RadiationSteve

RadiationSteve

PostSubject: Re: Tennis - NADAL CHAMPION   Tennis - NADAL CHAMPION Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 10:50 am

Hey David, Nadal is the man. FANTASTIC FINAL! I couldn't watch the 4 set.....too intense....i wanted him to win nearly as badly as he did!
I was hoping he wouldn't end up like Jimmy White, (World Snooker finalist 5 times....but never actually won the big one) so was relieved at the end.
Exhasting to watch, exciting too. Wasn't that great at the end when he climbed on the roof and strutted over to the Royal Box?!!!! bounce
Back to top Go down
http://larrynormanpages.ning.com/
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

PostSubject: Re: Tennis - NADAL CHAMPION   Tennis - NADAL CHAMPION Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 12:14 pm

He´s a very appreciative person, and wanted to share his victory with the Royal Family.

If I´m not wrong, as of today, he is already Number 1 player in the world, cause Roger Federer lost his game yesterday.

Amazing. He is still SO YOUNG.
Back to top Go down
Le Hub'

Le Hub'

PostSubject: Re: Tennis - NADAL CHAMPION   Tennis - NADAL CHAMPION Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 10:25 am

But he lost at Flushing Meadow and... Roger is back !!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Le Hub'

Le Hub'

PostSubject: Re: Tennis - NADAL CHAMPION   Tennis - NADAL CHAMPION Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 10:28 am

I supported Claudio CHIAPUCCI. FrenchyCat

Frenchy, dans mes bras ! Claudio "Il Diablo" a toujours été mon idole !!!
Back to top Go down
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

PostSubject: Re: Tennis - NADAL CHAMPION   Tennis - NADAL CHAMPION Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 6:32 am

Choochoohothub wrote:
But he lost at Flushing Meadow and... Roger is back !!!!!!!!!!!

we will see what happens....

Nadal is right now the Number ONE according to the Professional Tennis Players Association ranking.
Back to top Go down
Le Hub'

Le Hub'

PostSubject: Re: Tennis - NADAL CHAMPION   Tennis - NADAL CHAMPION Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 8:36 am

Right David, Nadal is actually n°1 ; but he fell at Flushing and Roger won Flushing.
I mean they are two great fighters and it's fantastic to see Roger coming back just when everybody start thinking he was over.
Back to top Go down
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

PostSubject: Re: Tennis - NADAL CHAMPION   Tennis - NADAL CHAMPION Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 8:46 am

If anyone thought Federer was over, it is just because they don´t know anything about sports/tennis.

Just because he had a few bad weeks, it doesn´t mean that he was over. By the way.... he didn´t win many tournaments this year, but he was at most of the finals though. So he can´t be over.

Nadal is number one now, but sooner or later he won´t be there. That won´t mean he is over.

In sports you have ups and downs constantly, specially when you are competing against other great athletes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tennis - NADAL CHAMPION   Tennis - NADAL CHAMPION Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tennis - NADAL CHAMPION
Page 1 of 1