Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wanda Jackson

Go down 
+2
Kelley
Amity
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Amity

Amity

Wanda Jackson Empty
PostSubject: Wanda Jackson   Wanda Jackson Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 11:51 am

Not sure if there was any mention of this before but last night I caught a 1.5 half hour special on Wanda Jackson. It was very interesting and so fun to watch. They even had Slim Jim on there offering up some commentary. So cool. I found it on the Smithsonian Channel and I realize that may not be the most common of channels but if anyone does get it I highly recommend watching. Hopefully it will be on again. I posted a link below to the website and at the bottom of the page are video segments.

http://www.smithsonianchannel.com/site/smithsonian/show_wanda_jackson.do
Back to top Go down
Kelley

Wanda Jackson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wanda Jackson   Wanda Jackson Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 5:07 pm

Smithsonian Channel?? whoa, never heard of that one
but yes she's so great here is a sneak peek of the speical:

Back to top Go down
MEMPHISSUN

MEMPHISSUN

Wanda Jackson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wanda Jackson   Wanda Jackson Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 2:25 pm

Never understood why she never had a pile of hit"s!?,as she recorded 100"s of song"s,as seen in the BEAR FAMILY set"s of her work!.

king
Back to top Go down
http://www.hankgarland.com
Bear85

Bear85

Wanda Jackson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wanda Jackson   Wanda Jackson Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 1:53 pm

I don't know if you all have the RFD channel on your cable or satellite, but I'm pretty sure Wanda is the guest on the Marty Stuart Show tonight (Saturday, 4/11). Check your listings!
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

Wanda Jackson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wanda Jackson   Wanda Jackson Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 10:26 pm

If you get the Fuse channel, they are rebroadcasting the Rock-n-Roll Hall of Fame Inductions several times this week. Watch Wanda Jackson, DJ Fontana, and Bill Black get inducted. Wanda performed two songs, including "Let's Have a Party."

Sunday, April 12 at 7 p.m. EST; Wednesday, April 15 at 12 a.m. EST; Friday, April 17 at 5 p.m. EST

Watch for Wanda in the second hour, possibly toward the end of the first hour, as she gets in after Bobby Womack and Little Anthony and the Imperials.

Some People Like to Rock, Some People Like to Roll-a-billy
Back to top Go down
Setzerado

Setzerado

Wanda Jackson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wanda Jackson   Wanda Jackson Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 2:51 am

MEMPHISSUN wrote:
Never understood why she never had a pile of hit"s!?,as she recorded 100"s of song"s,as seen in the BEAR FAMILY set"s of her work!.

king

As you said, really !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wanda Jackson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wanda Jackson   Wanda Jackson Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wanda Jackson
Page 1 of 1