Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

WBNO makes a debut in....

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

WBNO makes a debut in.... Empty
PostSubject: WBNO makes a debut in....   WBNO makes a debut in.... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 7:33 pm

My kiddo's Mozart Biography!

Yeah, I had to laugh at the perfect fit. He wrote a bio on Mozart, and he needed to discuss Mozart's after-life (or after-death) fame. So, being the cool mom that I am, decided to pipe up and tell him how Mozart was still influencing popular artists of the day. Of course, this was just a slightly disguised attempt to talk about the BSO with my kid. Laughing

Anyway, he's making his powerpoint presentation for the report, and on the page where he discusses Mozart's lasting impression on other musicians, he cleverly (with the help of my wonderful hubby) inserts the entire song of WBNO to play while the slide is being presented. Yes, we did give proper credit to the song in the works cited...so please, no lawsuits! But hey...what a great way to introduce a bunch of kids to the sounds of the BSO! Nothing like starting a new generation off on the right foot musically!

His presentation is tomorrow, so hopefully it will go very well.

I wonder how else we can promote Mr. Setzer in our everyday lives?

Enjoying life,
hrg
Back to top Go down
enjay07

PostSubject: Re: WBNO makes a debut in....   WBNO makes a debut in.... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 8:56 pm

HRG--
That's wonderful! Another brilliant example of how we're trying to pass on the greatness of the past to our future songwriters and musicians! They're all out there!

Since you posted, I'm considering this a "sign" for me to post my own PPM (proud parenting moment) tonight.

While driving home from traditional Wednesday night activities I found a station playing some "oldies" and they said something like, "Here's a song that was almost #1 in 1969.."
"Awwwww....Honey (do do di do du du) a-sugah, sugah!" And I'll be darned if my boys weren't singing along to chorus right with me!!! Very Happy I was so proud!! They knew most of the words, and the full chorus, with no help from me whatsoever! It was almost like seeing them take their first steps!!!
So now I've downloaded the song ready to go into the next mp3-whatchamajigger that gets plugged in to this old clod-hopper!! sunny
It was a great few minutes in the car just toodling down the road, all of us singing slightly off key, as loud as we could: "AHHHHHHHH Honey (doo doo do doo do do) ah Sugah Sugah.. (doo doo do doo dooooooo) You are my CANDY GIRL...and you got me wanting YOU!!!!" It's alright, my kids think the song is about some kind of recipe to make candy......they are just WAY not into girls yet. I love you
Time to go give it a spin on the.....whatever connector matches up the thingy in the big box over there......
Back to top Go down
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: WBNO makes a debut in....   WBNO makes a debut in.... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 11:26 pm

I did a report on Mozart in my 6th grade glass once..

Last edited by Kelley on Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Setzerado

Setzerado

PostSubject: Re: WBNO makes a debut in....   WBNO makes a debut in.... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 11:56 pm

Excellent HRG, thanks for telling the story.
Bless him.

Nicole
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WBNO makes a debut in....   WBNO makes a debut in.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WBNO makes a debut in....
Page 1 of 1