Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Brian 50th birthday shirt!!

Go down 
+3
johnnykool327
Andi
Kelley
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Kelley

Brian 50th birthday shirt!! Empty
PostSubject: Brian 50th birthday shirt!!   Brian 50th birthday shirt!! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 7:42 pm

Like a Star @ heaven

Last edited by Kelley on Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: Brian 50th birthday shirt!!   Brian 50th birthday shirt!! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 7:46 pm

OH DAMMIT! WANT!!
Back to top Go down
johnnykool327

johnnykool327

PostSubject: Re: Brian 50th birthday shirt!!   Brian 50th birthday shirt!! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 9:32 pm

I know my wife and I will be wearing these the next day!

Kinda like how she wore her Britney Spears shirt on Saturday after Ms. Spears was in town Friday night...

I promised my wife better music, but probably not nearly as many pyrotechnics.

-BK
Back to top Go down
http://kingawayretrievers.com
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: Brian 50th birthday shirt!!   Brian 50th birthday shirt!! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 9:34 pm

andi wrote:
OH DAMMIT! WANT!!

I'm still trying to sweet talk shinya.. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kidsetzer
pony65k

pony65k

PostSubject: Re: Brian 50th birthday shirt!!   Brian 50th birthday shirt!! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 11:41 pm

kelleyM wrote:
get them while they last! Smile

Brian birthday shirt

You beat me to it, I just saw it.

Brian 50th birthday shirt!! Sc_bday_merch
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/pony65k
daddio66in2008

daddio66in2008

PostSubject: Re: Brian 50th birthday shirt!!   Brian 50th birthday shirt!! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 3:26 am

Well crap Daddio looks to drop around 200.00 already. The shirts look great. I will be sporting mine the next Monday in Alberta Lea. Speaking of does anyone know what there is to see Eddie related in Alberta Lee? Taking the long way home south to Alberta Lee to Clearlake Iowa (Surf Ballroom) cut across and catch Route 66 in Missouri to Springfield Illinois for a Cozy Dog, then home to Indy. Any info on Alberta Lea and Clearlake would be helpful. Thanks and see you there.

Russ
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/daddio66in2000
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: Brian 50th birthday shirt!!   Brian 50th birthday shirt!! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 6:35 am

Albert Lea really has just two Eddie Cochran-related points of interest: 1) The Freeborn County Historical Museum and 2) A stone marking the spot where Eddie's childhood home once stood. If you start at the museum, they can get you a map and directions to the marker. The museum has a small, but still very cool collection of Eddie memorabilia, including the leather pants and vest Eddie wore on his last tour. There's also a display honoring another Albert Lea-born celebrity, Marion Ross ("Mrs. Cunningham" on Happy Days).

The museum has a library, where you can ask the librarian to take out binders full of Eddie articles, photos, fan newsletters, and fan mail. They also have a school yearbook from the last year Eddie spent in Albert Lea before moving to Oklahoma City. I believe the photo with Eddie is clearly marked.

Here's the thing: The museum is CLOSED on Mondays. They're open Tuesday-Friday, 10am to 5pm.

So if you're gonna go, consider going on Friday, if you can. It's about 90 miles south of Minneapolis at the intersection of I-90 and I-35. Clear Lake is about 45 minutes further south of Albert Lea, although you can go there anytime - including Monday, if it happens to follow your return path, so that you can limit how much of your Friday would be spent for that side trip to Albert Lea. Or perhaps you're taking I-90 or I-35 to get to Minneapolis. Then, Albert Lea is on your way, and there's no excuse for not stopping (unless it's after museum hours). If you can't get to the museum, it may not be worth the trip.

For more info: check out the museum website: Freeborn County Historical Museum

Here's a photo of about half of the Eddie stuff on display. Sorry for the quality - I used a crappy disposable camera for this 2005 photo:

Brian 50th birthday shirt!! Eddiedisplay

and the stone, marking Eddie's boyhood home:

Brian 50th birthday shirt!! Eddiestone

There's also a bar named Eddie's in town, but I don't believe there's any Eddie memorabilia there. When Brian went there in 2006, he did meet somebody who was a childhood friend of Eddie's, though, which is better than any piece of memorabilia, in my opinion.

As for Clear Lake, I don't know if the Surf Ballroom is open during the day. I've only ever been in there for a concert. However, the second traffic light off the interstate (8th Street) is the street you turn on (heading North) to get to the Crash Site. You can still take in the outside of the Surf, and the memorial markers for Ritchie, the Bopper, and Buddy Holly. I'll see if I can find more specific directions later.

See you at the show!

T-Minus 84 hours, 25 minutes!

Blow Out the Candles-billy
Back to top Go down
daddio66in2008

daddio66in2008

PostSubject: Re: Brian 50th birthday shirt!!   Brian 50th birthday shirt!! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 7:11 am

Wow Rick thanks for the info, I would have been dissapointed on Mondy and it was closed. We will plan around it. I do not have to be back in Indy until Wednesday the 15th. We are counting down the hours as well, I will see you there also.

Russ
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/daddio66in2000
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brian 50th birthday shirt!!   Brian 50th birthday shirt!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brian 50th birthday shirt!!
Page 1 of 1