Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sad Days For Me And My Family

Go down 
+18
Amity
Chillicat
Setzerado
badkitty
Pistol Pete
weaser
Bear85
webelvis
Aussie_Sam
Hot Rod Girl
Andi
Spanishdavid
Le Hub'
Twenty Flight Rick
Rickabilly
Tommy Maguire
tvthewiredturtle
Rockabilly Ross
22 posters
AuthorMessage
Rockabilly Ross

Rockabilly Ross

Sad Days For Me And My Family Empty
PostSubject: Sad Days For Me And My Family   Sad Days For Me And My Family Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 7:10 am

I was going to see Brian this coming weekend, but I will not be there.

This past sunday, mothers day, my 84 year old mother was rushed to the emergency room with severe cramps. She had alot of things going wrong and she passed away yesterday morning.

I wanted to thank Brian for all of the years of great music that she loved! She told me back in the early 80's when she first heard the LP Built For Speed, that she had stopped listening to music because it all crap, but now she had a reason to start listening to music again because of Brian and the Stray Cats.

The one thing that really thrilled her to no end was when I actually was able to get to Brian before a BSO show to ask him to dedicate a song to my mother and he did! Mother never stopped talking about that night!!! It gave her so much joy!

Brian, thank you for bringing her so much joy in her life from your music.

Ross Sad
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Sad Days For Me And My Family   Sad Days For Me And My Family Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 7:16 am

Rockabilly Ross wrote:
I was going to see Brian this coming weekend, but I will not be there.

This past sunday, mothers day, my 84 year old mother was rushed to the emergency room with severe cramps. She had alot of things going wrong and she passed away yesterday morning.

I wanted to thank Brian for all of the years of great music that she loved! She told me back in the early 80's when she first heard the LP Built For Speed, that she had stopped listening to music because it all crap, but now she had a reason to start listening to music again because of Brian and the Stray Cats.

The one thing that really thrilled her to no end was when I actually was able to get to Brian before a BSO show to ask him to dedicate a song to my mother and he did! Mother never stopped talking about that night!!! It gave her so much joy!

Brian, thank you for bringing her so much joy in her life from your music.

Ross Sad

my heart goes out to you and your family Ross
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
Tommy Maguire

Tommy Maguire

PostSubject: Re: Sad Days For Me And My Family   Sad Days For Me And My Family Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 7:18 am

Thoughts and prayers to you Ross. Really sorry to hear about your Mom. God bless her.
-TM
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: Sad Days For Me And My Family   Sad Days For Me And My Family Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 7:33 am

It's such a genuine thrill when older (and younger) generations in your family get to share in the things which give you so much joy. I am very sorry for the loss of your Mom, Ross. My sympathies to you and your family.

Rick
Back to top Go down
Twenty Flight Rick

Twenty Flight Rick

PostSubject: Re: Sad Days For Me And My Family   Sad Days For Me And My Family Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 9:00 am

Please accept my condolences. I pray God is with you and your family in your time of bereavement.
Back to top Go down
Le Hub'

Le Hub'

PostSubject: Re: Sad Days For Me And My Family   Sad Days For Me And My Family Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 10:00 am

Don't know what to say and how to say it Ross.
A sincere thought to you and your family.
Hub'
Back to top Go down
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

PostSubject: Re: Sad Days For Me And My Family   Sad Days For Me And My Family Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 11:08 am

Sorry to hear that Ross.

My thoughts are with you and your family, Ross.

David

Last edited by Spanishdavid on Thu May 14, 2009 12:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: Sad Days For Me And My Family   Sad Days For Me And My Family Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 12:10 pm

My deepest condolences to you Ross, I can't imagine how you must be feeling.

I am also sorry to hear we won't have a chance to catch up this weekend, but I hope we can soon - it's been a long time my friend.
Back to top Go down
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

PostSubject: Re: Sad Days For Me And My Family   Sad Days For Me And My Family Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 12:22 pm

Ross,
Sorry to hear about your mom. Sounds like you were blessed with a great relationship with her.

Keeping you and your family in our prayers,
hrg
Back to top Go down
Aussie_Sam

Aussie_Sam

PostSubject: Re: Sad Days For Me And My Family   Sad Days For Me And My Family Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 12:56 pm

Very sorry to hear the news Ross my deep condolences to you, take care.
Back to top Go down
webelvis

webelvis

PostSubject: Re: Sad Days For Me And My Family   Sad Days For Me And My Family Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 12:59 pm

I'm sorry to hear that, my thoughts go out to you and your family.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockabillyswingjazz
Bear85

Bear85

PostSubject: Re: Sad Days For Me And My Family   Sad Days For Me And My Family Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 2:14 pm

Ross,

So sorry to hear about your loss. My prayers are with you and your family.

Remember the good times - and look forward to a joyous reunion on the other side!

Bear85
Back to top Go down
weaser

weaser

PostSubject: Re: Sad Days For Me And My Family   Sad Days For Me And My Family Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 2:29 pm

Ross,
my thoughts and prayer to you and your family.
God Bless you.

Hey we are neighbors.

Tim
Back to top Go down
Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete

PostSubject: Re: Sad Days For Me And My Family   Sad Days For Me And My Family Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 4:34 pm

Ross,
Sorry to hear the news. My thoughts go out to you and your family,
Pete
Back to top Go down
badkitty

badkitty

PostSubject: Re: Sad Days For Me And My Family   Sad Days For Me And My Family Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 8:03 pm

Very sorry to hear of your Mom's passing Ross. You are in my prayers.
Back to top Go down
Setzerado

Setzerado

PostSubject: Re: Sad Days For Me And My Family   Sad Days For Me And My Family Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 8:03 am

Sorry for your mummy Ross, sincerely.
Back to top Go down
Chillicat

Chillicat

PostSubject: Re: Sad Days For Me And My Family   Sad Days For Me And My Family Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 1:04 am

My condolences for your loss... I know I don't get around to posting much but how neat for you that you could share the love of the music with your mom, that's something you can always treasure, i'm sure...
*hugs*
C
Back to top Go down
Amity

Amity

PostSubject: Re: Sad Days For Me And My Family   Sad Days For Me And My Family Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 8:27 am

Sending thoughts and prayers, Ross...am truly sorry to hear of you and your family's loss.
Back to top Go down
EskimoPie

EskimoPie

PostSubject: Re: Sad Days For Me And My Family   Sad Days For Me And My Family Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 9:21 pm

Ross, over the many years I've enjoyed reading about you and your family and though we've never met, doesn't mean we can't share in your grief. Please accept my condolences on the loss of your mum.

Buffy
Back to top Go down
ruger9

ruger9

PostSubject: Re: Sad Days For Me And My Family   Sad Days For Me And My Family Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 3:11 am

Losing a parent is one of the hardest things in life we have to deal with. Hang in there. She's in a better place now. God Bless you & your family.
Back to top Go down
Davy Jones

Davy Jones

PostSubject: Re: Sad Days For Me And My Family   Sad Days For Me And My Family Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 4:56 pm

My condolences to ye.

Capt. Jones
Back to top Go down
liver bird

liver bird

PostSubject: Re: Sad Days For Me And My Family   Sad Days For Me And My Family Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 5:03 am

So sorry to hear of your loss, my thoughts and prayers are with you at this sad time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sad Days For Me And My Family   Sad Days For Me And My Family Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sad Days For Me And My Family
Page 1 of 1