Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tonite The Cats in San Pedro - Murcia - SPAIN!!!!!!!!!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

Tonite The Cats in San Pedro - Murcia - SPAIN!!!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Tonite The Cats in San Pedro - Murcia - SPAIN!!!!!!!!!   Tonite The Cats in San Pedro - Murcia - SPAIN!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 7:23 am

My friends are staying at the same hotel as the Cats, a hotel called Thalasia... check it out on the net if you want, is real nice. They have been talking to Slim Jim and Lee this morning by the lobby.

I´m about to leave my house... 3 hours drive and I´ll be down there for tonite´s show. I´ll tell you all about it tomorrow... if I survive the ROCKABILLY TSUNAMI that I am about to presence....

Have a great day you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
gretschoholic

gretschoholic

PostSubject: Re: Tonite The Cats in San Pedro - Murcia - SPAIN!!!!!!!!!   Tonite The Cats in San Pedro - Murcia - SPAIN!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 7:35 am

Have fun, David Cool In exactly 10 days, I'll see them in Stockholm. Can't wait....

Anders
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/builtforspeedband
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

PostSubject: Re: Tonite The Cats in San Pedro - Murcia - SPAIN!!!!!!!!!   Tonite The Cats in San Pedro - Murcia - SPAIN!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 8:53 pm

just got back from the show. It is almost 5 am in the morning here in Spain. I´m too tired to talk too much about the gig, but didn´t want to go to bed before dropping a couple lines.

Overall, it was great to see the boys back in action again. The sound wasn´t too good, but I´m sure it was not their fault but the setting/venue. Open air in the middle of some buildings, I´m sure it was tough for the sound engineer to get the right stuff together. Brian´s mic and guitar amp were a bit too low, but oh well....

The show was great. The set list was the expected one. Pretty much the same as the night before.

The best in my opinion were the "lost songs":

Gina (absolutely brilliant)
Cry Baby
Lust´n´Love

And Lee´s "Bring it Back" was real good as well.

About "7 Nights to Rock" I was a bit dissapointed. Don´t take me wrong. It did sound fine, but I expected a more energic cover, kinda BR549´s one.

And "Sweet Gene Vincent" it was fine, but I wouldn´t play it if I was them. I´d rather play another Stray Cats´classic instead or another lost song from their records. People would have appreciated it much more I bet.

Julie Setzer was on the stage, in one side, having a blast, dancing and singing. It was good seeing her again.

Anyway, like I said.... it was a good show.

No pictures, sorry. For some reason my camera didn´t work, but everyone there was taking pics and videos, so I´m sure they´ll pop up real soon over the net.

Going to bed..... I´m too tired.....

I´ll sure dream of tonite´s gig.

SETLIST:

RUMBLE IN BRIGHTON
7 NIGHTS TO ROCK
DOUBLE TALKIN’ BABY
SOMETHING'S WRONG WITH MY RADIO
CRY BABY
LUST N’ LOVE
STRAY CAT STRUT
RUNAWAY BOYS
SEXY + 17
GENE & EDDIE
TOO HIP GOTTA GO
GINA
SWEET GENE VINCENT
BLAST OFF
BRING IT BACK AGAIN
FISHNET STOCKINGS
ROCK THIS TOWN
-------------------------
I FOUGHT THE LAW
SOMETHIN’ ELSE

They didn´t play Baby Blue Eyes like BS.com says. There was just one encore.

quality sucks, but here is a little something for everyone to enjoy.

By the way.... merchandising: t-shirts 30 euros a piece affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid (that´s about 45 dollars), pack of 6 buttons - 10 euros.

There is something I don´t get about merchandising rates. Wouldn´t they make more money if shirts were sold a bit cheaper, so everyone would think of buying one, rather than selling a lower ammount of them at a high price? I understand the Cats have nothing to do with merchandising and/or rates, but whoever is in charge of that part of the show should reconsider how it works.... but not only in this show... in most popular band´s the merch rates are crazy.

Last edited by Spanishdavid on Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
FrenchyCat

FrenchyCat

PostSubject: Re: Tonite The Cats in San Pedro - Murcia - SPAIN!!!!!!!!!   Tonite The Cats in San Pedro - Murcia - SPAIN!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 6:41 am

Thanks for this quick review, David, I'm happy you enjoyed the show.
Concerning the setlist, I'm afraid it will be the same all along the tour, and it's a shame they don't play some rare but very good songs from Gonna Ball or Choo Choo Hot Fish.
What about the audience? How much fans do you estimate?
Lee wrote in his blog they had to move to a different venue (electrical problems); what was it so?
And did you appreciate the support bands?

Well, dear David, it's time to get up, maybe to have a cup of coffee and to connect and give us all the answers we're waiting for! Come on, ombre!! Wink

Frenchy(just curious)Cat
Back to top Go down
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

PostSubject: Re: Tonite The Cats in San Pedro - Murcia - SPAIN!!!!!!!!!   Tonite The Cats in San Pedro - Murcia - SPAIN!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 11:14 am

there were about 3,500 people maybe. I didn´t know the reasons from the change in the venue.... it was supposed to be at a football stadium, and it ended up being at a parking. The place did suck big time, and the sound was not that good, but I don´t think it would have been much better at the stadium either. Open air venues not built for musical purposes don´t usually sound like we would like to, I guess.

But still, the Cats are THE CATS and they played like they usually do.

About the support bands, the first one I didn´t see it, I was too busy having some drinks Twisted Evil . The second one was CAT CLUB, which is the band of our message board member MIGUEL ANGEL , and they were absolutely great as they always are. They are the best rockabilly band in Spain, and one of the finest bands I´ve seen around. They should be booked for Viva Las Vegas sometime.
Back to top Go down
RadiationSteve

RadiationSteve

PostSubject: Re: Tonite The Cats in San Pedro - Murcia - SPAIN!!!!!!!!!   Tonite The Cats in San Pedro - Murcia - SPAIN!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 12:00 pm

Hey David, glad you had a great time. Sorry to hear about the bad sound. I don't understand the idea of open air concerts....the sound gets lost in the wind etc, while in a small club the echoing bass vibrates back off the walls, making a huge tight sound.
Well there's 7 songs on that set list that weren't at the euro gigs i last went to. So that's pretty exciting. Although i don't like the song 'sweet gene vincent', i'm looking forward to lust n love, a very underated tune which i'm sure will be a highlight.
Back to top Go down
http://larrynormanpages.ning.com/
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

PostSubject: Re: Tonite The Cats in San Pedro - Murcia - SPAIN!!!!!!!!!   Tonite The Cats in San Pedro - Murcia - SPAIN!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 12:20 pm

Yeah, I don´t quite get why they play Sweet Gene Vincent. They may like it somehow, but the idea of playing songs who people don´t really care about, while they could play some of their own songs instead, specially when they play such a short set (1 hr. 20 minutes more or less) makes me kind of upset.

They could play other songs like Rebels Rule, Rockabilly Rules OK or others that haven´t been played for years, but that belong to any of their records.

But well, it is their show, and they decided what to play.

Long Live the Stray Cats!
Back to top Go down
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

PostSubject: Re: Tonite The Cats in San Pedro - Murcia - SPAIN!!!!!!!!!   Tonite The Cats in San Pedro - Murcia - SPAIN!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 2:12 pm

I fought the law + Something Else

VIDEO from last night
Back to top Go down
Le Hub'

Le Hub'

PostSubject: Re: Tonite The Cats in San Pedro - Murcia - SPAIN!!!!!!!!!   Tonite The Cats in San Pedro - Murcia - SPAIN!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 3:26 pm

Thanks David for this killin' video !!!
Back to top Go down
RadiationSteve

RadiationSteve

PostSubject: Re: Tonite The Cats in San Pedro - Murcia - SPAIN!!!!!!!!!   Tonite The Cats in San Pedro - Murcia - SPAIN!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 6:06 pm

YEAH MAN!!!
Thank You!
Oh i so hope they finish with 'Something Else' in Brixton!
What was Brian wearing? Looks like a white suit?
I guess it's because it was filmed from a long way away.
Back to top Go down
http://larrynormanpages.ning.com/
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

PostSubject: Re: Tonite The Cats in San Pedro - Murcia - SPAIN!!!!!!!!!   Tonite The Cats in San Pedro - Murcia - SPAIN!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 9:34 am

All three were wearing suits.

Jim a black one
Brian a grey with red pippin one
Lee a Blue and yellow-ish

We all said that they looked like they were going to a wedding.

Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

PostSubject: Re: Tonite The Cats in San Pedro - Murcia - SPAIN!!!!!!!!!   Tonite The Cats in San Pedro - Murcia - SPAIN!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 3:08 pm

Here are some pics of the show.... if you make them larger, you can see the clothing up close:

San Pedro del Pinatar - PICTURES.

And here is a little preview:

Tonite The Cats in San Pedro - Murcia - SPAIN!!!!!!!!! 2783912372_15862735a2_b

Tonite The Cats in San Pedro - Murcia - SPAIN!!!!!!!!! 2783059731_a682f276cb_b

Tonite The Cats in San Pedro - Murcia - SPAIN!!!!!!!!! 2783093571_27cccdfc6f_b
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tonite The Cats in San Pedro - Murcia - SPAIN!!!!!!!!!   Tonite The Cats in San Pedro - Murcia - SPAIN!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tonite The Cats in San Pedro - Murcia - SPAIN!!!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 1