Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tonite... For The Last Time

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Le Hub'

Le Hub'

Tonite... For The Last Time Empty
PostSubject: Tonite... For The Last Time   Tonite... For The Last Time Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 1:22 am

It tuggs at my heartstrings writing this few words. Tonight, Stray Cats (without "The") will play for the last time in my contry and, now it's the day, that's probably harder to believe than few weeks ago...
I don't think I've ever miss a tour (1981, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1989, 1990, 1992, 2004).
I got my ticket for tonight. Probably you will find this silly but... I'm not really sure to want to go. Am i sure to really appreciate the farewell gig ?
Very strange (sun)day...
Back to top Go down
Brett

Brett

PostSubject: Re: Tonite... For The Last Time   Tonite... For The Last Time Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 2:02 am

go there,
enjoy the show, celebrate the farewell and don`t forget to party as loud as you can.

You went to EVERY Tour in the last ~30 years, you have to go.

But have fun.

(I wish i could go again...)
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rhythm56
Rocky Mountain Cat

PostSubject: Re: Tonite... For The Last Time   Tonite... For The Last Time Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 5:57 am

Go.

It will be bittersweet, but you have to go.

This most likely your last chance to see them in France. But remember this - I saw The Who perform during their "farewell tour". That was way back in 1989 - and Pete & Roger are still at it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.setzerarchive.com
FrenchyCat

FrenchyCat

PostSubject: Re: Tonite... For The Last Time   Tonite... For The Last Time Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 2:45 pm

Hey Hub, mon pote,
je découvre seleument ton post! J'espère que tu es allé t'en mettre plein la tronche à Nantes!! Et puis, dis, s'ils faisaient un Bring it back tour, t'aurais l'air malin avec ton "trou" en 2008, hein!!

Alors, c'était le panard, non? Raconte, mec.....

FrenchyCat

PS: I just wrote I hoped he went to the show and bla bla bla... Cool

FrenchyCat
Back to top Go down
Le Hub'

Le Hub'

PostSubject: Re: Tonite... For The Last Time   Tonite... For The Last Time Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 9:06 pm

What a gig !!! So much better than in 2004...
Two first tracks a little "under" but under but, since Double talkin' Baby... Nitro Burnin' Funny Daddies !!!
Killin' versions from Choo Choo Hot Fish (Cry Baby & Lust N' Love), new guitar solos on old standards (Fishnet Stockings), a present to french people (despite the Paris knife episode, what a guy this Brian !) singin' Unchained Melody in french and... Built For Speed on the encore !!! First time I heard this one live in ten Cats gig !!!
Unforgettable night (my first in Nantes) and proud to have been here for the last Stray Cats concert in my country.
This said, i feel a little sad since 4 days (strange emptiness...)
I want to wish a good time to the UK lucky fans.
Back to top Go down
Le Hub'

Le Hub'

PostSubject: Re: Tonite... For The Last Time   Tonite... For The Last Time Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 9:08 pm

Oh I forgot : Frenchy (salut mon poto), t'étais à Bruxelles, non ? Tell us, please...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tonite... For The Last Time   Tonite... For The Last Time Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tonite... For The Last Time
Page 1 of 1