Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

America.....Making the Impossible Possible!!!

Go down 
+2
Bear85
RadiationSteve
6 posters
AuthorMessage
RadiationSteve

RadiationSteve

America.....Making the Impossible Possible!!! Empty
PostSubject: America.....Making the Impossible Possible!!!   America.....Making the Impossible Possible!!! Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 1:26 pm

Back to top Go down
http://larrynormanpages.ning.com/
Bear85

Bear85

PostSubject: Re: America.....Making the Impossible Possible!!!   America.....Making the Impossible Possible!!! Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 3:15 pm

Hmm.

The only props I'll give here is that it was a pretty slick bit of editing and effects. I was about halfway through it when it occurred to me that we weren't ever seeing Elvis "just standing there" when what's-her-name was stealing bits of his song. Then there were the shots from behind / profile. So what was the live audience seeing? Of course, I'm familiar with the source material - I've watched that performance many times. I found myself hoping he'd smack her at the end when he really gets into it and starts swinging his right arm!

lol!

Alas, 'twas not to be.

I wish they wouldn't do stuff like this. I didn't like the Elvis Christmas duets album, and I'd like the 'duets with dead people' business to stop.

But that's just me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: America.....Making the Impossible Possible!!!   America.....Making the Impossible Possible!!! Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 3:56 pm

When another Beatles reunion for???
Back to top Go down
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

PostSubject: Re: America.....Making the Impossible Possible!!!   America.....Making the Impossible Possible!!! Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 6:31 pm

That's just plain creepy. I think Elvis is rolling in his grave...(if he's really there Cool )

Let's just let the dead remain dead, and not bring them back for "reunion tours".

Yikes,
hrg
Back to top Go down
RadiationSteve

RadiationSteve

PostSubject: Re: America.....Making the Impossible Possible!!!   America.....Making the Impossible Possible!!! Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 4:17 am

I posted this because i thought it was cleverly done - which is not something we can usually say about american idol!
But it shows some advance in technology. It don't appear that Elvis is on stage (with that very average singer) - and i wonder what the audience saw? Probably something completely different.
Back to top Go down
http://larrynormanpages.ning.com/
donpepe

PostSubject: Re: America.....Making the Impossible Possible!!!   America.....Making the Impossible Possible!!! Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 5:01 am

simply horrible and tasteless
Back to top Go down
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

PostSubject: Re: America.....Making the Impossible Possible!!!   America.....Making the Impossible Possible!!! Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 5:37 pm

RadiationSteve wrote:
I posted this because i thought it was cleverly done - which is not something we can usually say about american idol!
But it shows some advance in technology. It don't appear that Elvis is on stage (with that very average singer) - and i wonder what the audience saw? Probably something completely different.

I agree, it was cleverly done. I think that's why it is so creepy. It feels almost real.
Back to top Go down
matt

matt

PostSubject: Re: America.....Making the Impossible Possible!!!   America.....Making the Impossible Possible!!! Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 5:57 pm

donpepe wrote:
simply horrible and tasteless

bollocks
Back to top Go down
donpepe

PostSubject: Re: America.....Making the Impossible Possible!!!   America.....Making the Impossible Possible!!! Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 11:14 pm

Opinions are like bungholes, everyone has one. This is my opinion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: America.....Making the Impossible Possible!!!   America.....Making the Impossible Possible!!! Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 4:01 am

Have a look at this Robbie Williams clip, taken from the Robbie Williams Show DVD:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JI_FmHUvxI

That's for all the Elvis Presley Fans - all the show has a complete Elvis aesthetics: RW looks, the scenary, the letterin and even when he plays a couple of songs on his own on guitar.
I always liked Robbie, wonderful artist, a nutter, but wonderful!!

I'm gonna milk it till I turn it into cheese!
Jon
Back to top Go down
JC

JC

PostSubject: Re: America.....Making the Impossible Possible!!!   America.....Making the Impossible Possible!!! Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 9:19 am

RadiationSteve wrote:

Back to top Go down
http://www.raveon.fourfour.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: America.....Making the Impossible Possible!!!   America.....Making the Impossible Possible!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

America.....Making the Impossible Possible!!!
Page 1 of 1