Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

so I'm told Setzer was making a secret guest appearance...

Go down 
+5
Aussie_Sam
Le Hub'
Pistol Pete
Hot Rod Girl
tvthewiredturtle
9 posters
AuthorMessage
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

so I'm told Setzer was making a secret guest appearance... Empty
PostSubject: so I'm told Setzer was making a secret guest appearance...   so I'm told Setzer was making a secret guest appearance... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 2:01 am

so I was told Setzer was making a secret guest appearance, at the
deke dickerson-big sandy pre Viva Los Vegas show that happened tonight.
Reliable sources, the whole bit (not so reliable now) swore it.. it turns out he's around this area busy writing for the new BSO album coming out. That was confirmed by one of his band members ( heresay)

..man I stood in the same spot the entire night and wouldnt even move
to buy a drink or use the bathroom. I was focused...
oh well, the kids washed the ol' 54 for me so at least I got to cruise
her to the show. Deke is great guitwanger and so is Ashley from Big Sandy....

some day I'l get to high five this Mysterious guitar hero of mine. Hoping he'd show up at a Riverside gig was indeed too far fetched..

At least you know Youre gettin a new BSO album!! Smile

ps. anyone know the where abouts of Casa de Brian in Palm desert? We
go flop around town every now and then at the strip and rancho mirage...might be a good sunday drive? Smile Especially knowing The Cat is busy getting ready to rock this town.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

PostSubject: Re: so I'm told Setzer was making a secret guest appearance...   so I'm told Setzer was making a secret guest appearance... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 7:16 am

Oh the rumors and such that are going to start flying....

Hope you enjoyed the concert (and your clean car)!
hrg
Back to top Go down
Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete

PostSubject: Re: so I'm told Setzer was making a secret guest appearance...   so I'm told Setzer was making a secret guest appearance... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 7:53 am

some day I'l get to high five this Mysterious guitar hero of mine. Hoping he'd show up at a Riverside gig was indeed too far fetched..

Hey man, AussieSam and me got a hi-5 during the last concert in Australia! You should of sent news that you knew US!!! hahaha!!
Back to top Go down
Le Hub'

Le Hub'

PostSubject: Re: so I'm told Setzer was making a secret guest appearance...   so I'm told Setzer was making a secret guest appearance... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 1:18 pm

Hot Rod Girl wrote:
Oh the rumors and such that are going to start flying....
hrg

Laughing Wink

So, no rumors or anything like that about to start flying but... A little word to say that I am really happy to learn that we are going to have a new Brian Setzer Orchestra reocrd. That's all.

Thanks a lot Tavo.

Hub'
Back to top Go down
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

PostSubject: Re: so I'm told Setzer was making a secret guest appearance...   so I'm told Setzer was making a secret guest appearance... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 5:47 pm

Yep...it is great news, isn't it! Now, anybody want to take a guess at the release date?

Stirrin' the pot,
hrg
Back to top Go down
Aussie_Sam

Aussie_Sam

PostSubject: Re: so I'm told Setzer was making a secret guest appearance...   so I'm told Setzer was making a secret guest appearance... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 6:36 pm

Hey Guys,

When i was with Brian during the Aussie tour he mentioned to me that he was working on some songs for the new BSO album, all I remember is that I was really excited about the ideas. Can't wait..........

High Five Pete...lol.
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: so I'm told Setzer was making a secret guest appearance...   so I'm told Setzer was making a secret guest appearance... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 8:19 pm

Hot Rod Girl wrote:
Yep...it is great news, isn't it! Now, anybody want to take a guess at the release date?

Stirrin' the pot,
hrg

I wouldn't expect to see it too far ahead of the Christmas Tour, maybe in September or October.

Unless...

there were to be another BSO tour before that, say, in Europe. Not gonna happen

Stir It Up-a-billy
Back to top Go down
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

PostSubject: Re: so I'm told Setzer was making a secret guest appearance...   so I'm told Setzer was making a secret guest appearance... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 5:20 am

Rickabilly wrote:
Hot Rod Girl wrote:

Stirrin' the pot,
hrg

I wouldn't expect to see it too far ahead of the Christmas Tour, maybe in September or October.

Unless...

there were to be another BSO tour before that, say, in Europe. Not gonna happen

Stir It Up-a-billy

I'm making a birthday and Christmas wish early this year. A non-Christmas BSO album release, with a supporting tour either this year or next year. Don't get me wrong...I love the Christmas shows. It's just that I've never been in the right place at the right time to see a regular BSO show, and that would just make my day (and week, and month, and year, and heck....life?!!)

Any gnews is good gnews with Gary Gnu!
hrg
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: so I'm told Setzer was making a secret guest appearance...   so I'm told Setzer was making a secret guest appearance... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 10:43 am

Xmas albums mean money..commercial jingles, movie soundtracks,etc,,
tis the season to make money..
A non Xmas BSO album requires huge marketing and additional touring,
etc.
IF I was 50, and the King of Christmas ....and tired of international
touring, guess what I would be busy doing.. MAKING a Christmas album!!

doing' any holiday hiring setzer? Smile
- anti-scrooge
Back to top Go down
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

PostSubject: Re: so I'm told Setzer was making a secret guest appearance...   so I'm told Setzer was making a secret guest appearance... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 11:04 am

tvthewiredturtle wrote:
etc.

- anti-scrooge

Geez...quit raining on my parade, will ya? Like I said, there's always stateside touring...

Rolling Eyes Wink
hrg
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: so I'm told Setzer was making a secret guest appearance...   so I'm told Setzer was making a secret guest appearance... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 11:21 am

Hot Rod Girl wrote:
tvthewiredturtle wrote:
etc.

- anti-scrooge

Geez...quit raining on my parade, will ya? Like I said, there's always stateside touring...

Rolling Eyes Wink
hrg

truly..stateside touring pans out with an entire orchestra when you
are putting out an Album, but this late in the game I doubt a non
holiday album would drop this year with tour support.

If the album isnt slated to drop till after the holiday, thats feasible..but
if you just came off the road from doing a national holiday tour w/ your orchestra would you really be jumping back on the bus again with the same orchestra...everybody totally worn out from the holiday tour?
Also where is the time to rehearse the new material with an orchestra
pre tour, when you are already gearing up FOR the holiday tour....

the stimulus package this year from the Setzer camp is truly
speculative..looking forward to it!
santa santa santa santa santa rendeer rendeer rendeer
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: so I'm told Setzer was making a secret guest appearance...   so I'm told Setzer was making a secret guest appearance... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 11:22 am

[quote="tvthewiredturtle"]
Hot Rod Girl wrote:
tvthewiredturtle wrote:
etc.

- anti-scrooge

Rolling Eyes Wink
hrg

..stateside touring pans out with an entire orchestra when you
are putting out an Album, but this late in the game I doubt a non
holiday album would drop this year with tour support.

If the album isnt slated to drop till after the holiday, thats feasible..but
if you just came off the road from doing a national holiday tour w/ your orchestra would you really be jumping back on the bus again with the same orchestra...everybody totally worn out from the holiday tour?
Also where is the time to rehearse the new material with an orchestra
pre tour, when you are already gearing up FOR the holiday tour....

the stimulus package this year from the Setzer camp is truly
speculative..looking forward to it!
santa santa santa santa santa rendeer rendeer rendeer
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: so I'm told Setzer was making a secret guest appearance...   so I'm told Setzer was making a secret guest appearance... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 12:07 pm

It's the Seventh Christmas Extravaganza tour, and I only count two Christmas albums. There is no reason why they can't promote a new non-holiday album during a Christmas tour. They did it after releasing Wolfgang, and it still bugs me that the Television writers' strike killed nearly all TV promotion of the album.

Of course, the TV shows will want holiday music, but hopefully, there's room for a non-Christmas album to be promoted.

If they would take the charts from the live performances that have never been recorded (Beyond the Sea, Sexy and 17, Got to Get You Into My Life, Beat Girl, etc.) and add a chart or two that was maybe only on a soundtrack (Bodhisattva, the Jet Song), then you already have half the album right there, and a pretty good one at that!

The arrangements are the most time-consuming part of the process on a BSO album, especially if you don't have a chart-writing machine like Frank Comstock available. My hope is a combination of newly-penned charts with the "best of the rest."

If I Can Dream-a-billy

(Hey, that would be a friggin' amazing tune as well!)
Back to top Go down
Scatman

Scatman

PostSubject: Re: so I'm told Setzer was making a secret guest appearance...   so I'm told Setzer was making a secret guest appearance... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 12:09 pm

That is great news, I hope we eventually see something come of it
and that it doesn't get shelved or remain unreleased...........BSO or Gipsy Jazz Combo, I can't wait to hear it!

As far as the desert home, it was sold at some point around the time of his move
to Minneapolis, so I heard..........Has he bought a new place in the desert? Wouldn't know about that.

Ooby Dooby!
Scatman
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: so I'm told Setzer was making a secret guest appearance...   so I'm told Setzer was making a secret guest appearance... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 12:21 pm

Scatman wrote:
That is great news, I hope we eventually see something come of it
and that it doesn't get shelved or remain unreleased...........BSO or Gipsy Jazz Combo, I can't wait to hear it!

As far as the desert home, it was sold at some point around the time of his move
to Minneapolis, so I heard..........Has he bought a new place in the desert? Wouldn't know about that.

Ooby Dooby!
Scatman

there was an article posted on the old forum but if memory serves, it
said that he sold the Spanish looking Estate he had in Los Angeles and
kept the Palm Desert home as it was a place for he and his children to
celebrate their post christmas - christmas after tour season.

I creep myself out talking about such things as I am a fan of the mans art and talent, not a wacked out celebrity fan.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: so I'm told Setzer was making a secret guest appearance...   so I'm told Setzer was making a secret guest appearance... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 12:23 pm

I've just ordered the Christmas Rocks CDs today, as I haven't found the Japanese import until today... but a new Xmas album... dammit, I was expecting something more original. I'd rather prefer a new Trio album, at least is more original. Setzer's home is Europe (at lesat from my viewpoint) so that he still has to come quite a few more times.
Back to top Go down
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

PostSubject: Re: so I'm told Setzer was making a secret guest appearance...   so I'm told Setzer was making a secret guest appearance... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 12:54 pm

tvthewiredturtle wrote:

I creep myself out talking about such things as I am a fan of the mans art and talent, not a wacked out celebrity fan.

Oh...you're not a wacked out celebrity? Wow, I guess I had you pegged all wrong. Laughing

It's okay, TV. You can admit it. Stalkers Anonymous will be meeting at the same place, same time this week. You'll know how to get there. Just ask, well...you know who.

As far as touring to support a non-Christmas album, does a band usually tour right when the album hits the stands? Or, would it be possible for the album to hit the shelves this fall, and then spring/summer '10 a tour could get underway. Hit the major music festivals (like Summerfest!!!!), and really promote the album. It would give the guys a break from one-another, and also give time for rehearsals prior to the tour.

Yeah, I admit it. I'm blond. And I have no experience in the record industry, so I don't know how much time and such is involved with these endeavors. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed for now.

cheers
hrg
Back to top Go down
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: so I'm told Setzer was making a secret guest appearance...   so I'm told Setzer was making a secret guest appearance... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 7:34 pm

Last edited by Kelley on Tue May 19, 2009 2:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Setzerado

Setzerado

PostSubject: Re: so I'm told Setzer was making a secret guest appearance...   so I'm told Setzer was making a secret guest appearance... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 8:37 am

An original non Christmas BSO album !
It suits me fine, really.
The best I could hoping.
Can't wait !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: so I'm told Setzer was making a secret guest appearance...   so I'm told Setzer was making a secret guest appearance... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

so I'm told Setzer was making a secret guest appearance...
Page 1 of 1