Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Brian Setzer MTV Unplugged??

Go down 
+6
Cristo
sidelake bob
Twenty Flight Rick
Guitarmaniac
tvthewiredturtle
matt
10 posters
AuthorMessage

Brian Setzer MTV Unplugged?? Empty
PostSubject: Brian Setzer MTV Unplugged??   Brian Setzer MTV Unplugged?? Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 11:52 am

Hello folks,
I was listening to a couple of MTV Unplugged compilations and they are amazing, another different format, more intimate, more.... dunno how to express it, but I love the atmosphere of this type of shows. Many artist have played this show, from Paul Macca to Nirvana, with Hotei, Bryan ADams, The Coors, REM, Alejandro Sanz.... many different styles.

I wonder whether Stray Cats or Brian Setzer would love to do an unplugged recording for the MTV.

What do you think about it??

Up to some point I thought this post would be a bit pointless since Brian recorded Rockin' By Myself 16 years ago and in tht show, Brian plays some songs in acoustic, but I meant a full acoustic show.

Look forward to hearinf your answers!
Back to top Go down
matt

matt

PostSubject: Re: Brian Setzer MTV Unplugged??   Brian Setzer MTV Unplugged?? Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 6:56 pm

ye man this would be so f....n cool but it it will never happen dream on.......!
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Brian Setzer MTV Unplugged??   Brian Setzer MTV Unplugged?? Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 8:05 pm

are you talking about going back in time with a time machine to
the grunge era? Smile MTV doesnt do unplugged concerts these days..
its not even about music anymore.. its all lesbo,homo teen reality
crap and rap shows.... the good old days are loooong gone!

I do know what you mean though, the vibe on those shows was incredible. SRV with his 12string, nirvana bringing out the meat puppets, STP weiland sitting in a big chair! loved all of it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
Guitarmaniac

Guitarmaniac

PostSubject: Re: Brian Setzer MTV Unplugged??   Brian Setzer MTV Unplugged?? Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 3:24 am

Here in Germany MTV still does Unplugged Concerts from time to time.
Just a few weeks ago a band called "Sportfreunde Stiller" (from a town about 5 km from my hometown, they are really famous in Germany) did an unplugged concert in New York and it was recorded by MTV.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockabillyguitarmaniac

PostSubject: Re: Brian Setzer MTV Unplugged??   Brian Setzer MTV Unplugged?? Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 6:18 am

Tavo, of course the MTV is still doing unplugged shows! The last artist I know who has recorded such a show was Hotei in 2007, though I'm sure that s few more have done them.

I completely disagree with you in what concerns all that homo or lesbo stuff, guess you're completely wrong and that has nothing to do with music and the good vibe of those shows.

Hope Niels Schroeter is reading this and make it happen!

Imagine Setzer playing some of the unusual stuff like The Knife, Bvd Of Broken Dreams, Rebelene, Temper Sure Is Risin, Lust N Love, Cross Of Love etc etc.
Back to top Go down
Twenty Flight Rick

Twenty Flight Rick

PostSubject: Re: Brian Setzer MTV Unplugged??   Brian Setzer MTV Unplugged?? Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 8:40 am

MTV doesn't program unplugged shows in the US. The last artist that I remember seeing participate was Alicia Keys and that was aired on MTV2. In the US, MTV is dominated by reality programming. The closest show to the original MTV Unplugged in the US now is VH1 Storytellers, and it's been years since a new episode aired. Now that would be cool, Setzer solo on VH1 Storytellers a la Rockin' By Myself. Or with the Cats, or with the Orchestra....
Back to top Go down
sidelake bob

sidelake bob

PostSubject: Re: Brian Setzer MTV Unplugged??   Brian Setzer MTV Unplugged?? Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 9:13 am

...Or with the Nashvillains Wink
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Brian Setzer MTV Unplugged??   Brian Setzer MTV Unplugged?? Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 11:05 am

Twenty Flight Rick wrote:
MTV doesn't program unplugged shows in the US. The last artist that I remember seeing participate was Alicia Keys and that was aired on MTV2. In the US, MTV is dominated by reality programming. The closest show to the original MTV Unplugged in the US now is VH1 Storytellers, and it's been years since a new episode aired. Now that would be cool, Setzer solo on VH1 Storytellers a la Rockin' By Myself. Or with the Cats, or with the Orchestra....

..sigh...VH1 storytellers was AWESOME!!! ever catch
Johnny Cash on it? Good stuff...
I like this thread because it shares our skewed perspectives... plus
I wish I could have euro MTV. MTV is gone, VH1 mostly gone, CMT is
nearly screwed too.. These viacom cable channels just pummel us with reality based shows to no end, and once again I am so tired
of having to censor the television because of gay agenda.
The point is, we USED to have great musical television/cable
programs like Unplugged and Storytellers. It was about
MUSIC and the ARTISTS...

I still think there is an entire episode of Setzer on VH1 storytellers in
their vault somewhere as we got snippets of "bells dont chime" for a short time on the channel.

btw.. here is a storytellers Cash moment:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99CT3wQmiFU&feature=related
Back to top Go down
Guitarmaniac

Guitarmaniac

PostSubject: Re: Brian Setzer MTV Unplugged??   Brian Setzer MTV Unplugged?? Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 12:57 pm

European MTV also sucks most of the time when they show all the american reality stuff like "date my mom" or roomraiders.
They do show most of the biggest German Rock festival "Rock am Ring" though!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockabillyguitarmaniac
Cristo

Cristo

PostSubject: Re: Brian Setzer MTV Unplugged??   Brian Setzer MTV Unplugged?? Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 3:21 pm

Almost everything on TV sucks. I hate commercials, which is why I listen to the radio. But the radio has so many damn commercials, or breaks, and other annoying crap. Where's the music?

MTV has lost all credibility with me, but I think a Setzer "unplugged" type show or recording would be totally rad.

I own a few "unplugged" CDs (not to be confused with "live" albums! I have too many to count), my favorite is Nirvana.

CHEERS!
Back to top Go down
Twenty Flight Rick

Twenty Flight Rick

PostSubject: Re: Brian Setzer MTV Unplugged??   Brian Setzer MTV Unplugged?? Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 8:39 pm

The Nirvana Unplugged was the first piece of music I bought from them. I liked the version of All Apologies from that performance. I didn't dig Nirvana that much, I was more of a Pearl Jam guy. I did buy Nirvana's greatest hits comp a few years ago as a result of seeing this chick perform a killer version of The Man Who Sold The World on the Rock Star INXS show. As far as Unplugged itself, I loved the show from the beginning. Once Sir Paul played, it was THE game to get in on. I loved REM's performance and wish they would release it on dvd. Come to think of it, I would love to see any type of Nashvillans performance on dvd.
Back to top Go down
Lord Vincent Blackshadow

Lord Vincent Blackshadow

PostSubject: Re: Brian Setzer MTV Unplugged??   Brian Setzer MTV Unplugged?? Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 11:07 pm

I would say that the Nirvana unplugged was thier best album. But i do remember being in my car back in late 91 polishing the dashboard when heard "Teen Spirit" for the first time and wow ,I dont think I'd been hit so hard by a song since I first discovered the Cats 10 years previous. But like you 20 Flight Rick ,overall ,I prefer Pearl Jam . I love Eddie Vedders voice, they're one of my all time favourite bands.
But back to the subject , a Brian setzer acoustic type thing would be great but it's already out there. You just gotta look for it. Especially from the Choo Choo era ,when the Cats did several radio shows in the US and UK ,playing Mystery Train ,Stray Cat Strut , Let it rock and others. But I never could figure why Brian in any of his various live line ups didnt do maybe 2 or 3 numbers in a more acoustic vein just to change things a bit.
On a more serious note ,it hasnt rained here in 3 days ,cant believe it. Last week I needed a snorkel to go outside. Went to Dublin by train yesterday and visited a 19th centuary jail and a fabulous military exhibition at an old British army barracks.
Back to top Go down
Brooklyn Bomber

Brooklyn Bomber

PostSubject: Re: Brian Setzer MTV Unplugged??   Brian Setzer MTV Unplugged?? Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 11:56 pm

Guitarmaniac wrote:
Here in Germany MTV still does Unplugged Concerts from time to time.
Just a few weeks ago a band called "Sportfreunde Stiller" did an unplugged concert in New York and it was recorded by MTV.

Yes, they do but as far as I know they do it only with natinal artists. BTW, the show you mentioned called "Sportfreunde Stiller unplugged in New York" but it wasn't recorded in NY but at the Bavaria Film Studios where they bulit a place which looked like a certain street or place in NYC.

Don't you think a BS unplugged would sound like the "Rockin' By Myself" record?

BB
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Brian Setzer MTV Unplugged??   Brian Setzer MTV Unplugged?? Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 12:08 am

Setzer unplugged... is his entire orchestra, all acoustic instruments.
He'd be the only one that'd have to sport his synchromatic..

although I'd like him to do the Tony Bennett unplugged thing..
piano, upright bass and a guy on trap kit.. whats the name of the
dude on piano in the xmas extra features helping him suss out
nutcracker?
That cat, on piano along with spazz on the bass... His
voice could carry it all. I hate those crack pot reviewers who've said
he has a gruff voice.. Setzer's got pipes!!
Setzer, put on that tux, grab the mic and sing
man sing!!
Back to top Go down
Cristo

Cristo

PostSubject: Re: Brian Setzer MTV Unplugged??   Brian Setzer MTV Unplugged?? Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 12:32 am

Hey, man! Mr. Brian Setzer's got the pipes to do whatever the hell he wanna do. That's end-o-story, right there.

The Setz can do whatever he wants to do, and millions of fans will be waiting to hear the magnificent stuff he can pump out when he puts some heart and soul into the thing. And that's all Brian Setzer has to do - just put a little feeling into what he does best, making music - and people will love him for that. And lucky for us fans, Mr. Setzer's minimum is pretty fucking magnificent.
Back to top Go down
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

PostSubject: Re: Brian Setzer MTV Unplugged??   Brian Setzer MTV Unplugged?? Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 2:51 am

I have an unplugged cd of Brian Setzer or Stray Cats, I believe..... the sound quality was not that great, but still.... I´m sure lots of you have it as well. It was a bootleg, can´t remember the name of it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brian Setzer MTV Unplugged??   Brian Setzer MTV Unplugged?? Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 6:43 am

Hey David, you mean "Unplugged & More" or that Stray cats show in Australia back in 1991???

Concering MTV Unplugged shows, my fav ones so far are: Kiss, Chris Isaak & Paul McCartney. AWESOME!!!!
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: Brian Setzer MTV Unplugged??   Brian Setzer MTV Unplugged?? Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 9:17 am

Here here Cristo, well said.

One of the reasons I so love the BSO first record is for the sweet, sweet crooning - on the Darin tunes in particular. While I agree with Tavo, that it'd be brilliant to see Le Setz do one really high class, jazz-combo-in-tuxes type show to be recorded for posterity, I also think that you'd end up with a lot of older folks starting to come to his shows expecting more of the same, then complaining when they get jumped up rock 'n' roll.

Plus, I think after just a few croony-tux-jazz numbers, a lot of us would be just waiting for him to rip off the tux to reveal jeans, motorcycle boots and tattoos, then grab that Gretsch and start screamin'.

sunny
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Brian Setzer MTV Unplugged??   Brian Setzer MTV Unplugged?? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 8:25 am

Andi wrote:
Here here Cristo, well said.

One of the reasons I so love the BSO first record is for the sweet, sweet crooning - on the Darin tunes in particular. While I agree with Tavo, that it'd be brilliant to see Le Setz do one really high class, jazz-combo-in-tuxes type show to be recorded for posterity, I also think that you'd end up with a lot of older folks starting to come to his shows expecting more of the same, then complaining when they get jumped up rock 'n' roll.

Plus, I think after just a few croony-tux-jazz numbers, a lot of us would be just waiting for him to rip off the tux to reveal jeans, motorcycle boots and tattoos, then grab that Gretsch and start screamin'.

sunny

so.... we're gonna reduce him to a Chip'n'dales show now are weeeeeeee. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brian Setzer MTV Unplugged??   Brian Setzer MTV Unplugged?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brian Setzer MTV Unplugged??
Page 1 of 1