Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New BSO Album!!!! Songs from: Lonely Avenue

Go down 
+24
tvthewiredturtle
Davy Jones
bigshampoo
Jess
Setzerado
Twenty Flight Rick
Rockabilly Ross
Aussie_Sam
pony65k
Chillicat
Hot Rod Girl
Gloria
Kid Setzer
Budgie
donpepe
Le Hub'
sidelake bob
webelvis
Amity
nietsk
lonesomecat
Guitarmaniac
Andi
Rickabilly
28 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

New BSO Album!!!!      Songs from:  Lonely Avenue Empty
PostSubject: New BSO Album!!!! Songs from: Lonely Avenue   New BSO Album!!!!      Songs from:  Lonely Avenue Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 12:20 pm

I wasn't sure what would get me back to the HDVDL, but this seems like pretty big news:

(From the Official Website:)

Hi everybody. I'm just checking in to say hello. First off I'm looking forward to seeing everyone in Canada. It's been 14 years since the B.S.O. has been there! Maybe the promoters realize I just live next door now. I'm also looking forward to playing the Pori Jazz Festival and Heineken Music Hall in Amsterdam.

I have just completed all the rhythm tracks for our new album which will be out in the Fall. It will feature 12 new original songs all written by me. Nine of the tracks will feature the entire Big Band with orchestrations by Frank Comstock. The sound of the album is very "Film Noir". It could really be a soundtrack album for an unwritten film, which is how I approached the song writing. If you liked previous songs I have written like "Switchblade 327"," Drive Like Lightning"or "Ignition", I think you'll like this record. Oh, by the way, the album title is, "Songs from: Lonely Avenue". Don't worry, there's plenty of guitar on it!

See you this summer!

Brian

Damn! Me Likey!

Anticipation-billy
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: New BSO Album!!!! Songs from: Lonely Avenue   New BSO Album!!!!      Songs from:  Lonely Avenue Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 12:25 pm

YES!!!!!!!

Thank you Rickabilly! And thank you Brian!

Oh man oh man oh man....

Last edited by Andi on Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Guitarmaniac

Guitarmaniac

PostSubject: Re: New BSO Album!!!! Songs from: Lonely Avenue   New BSO Album!!!!      Songs from:  Lonely Avenue Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 12:26 pm

Right now you have to imagine me, dressed like a crazy texan cowboy, jumping around in circles, shooting in the air with 2 guns shouting: "Yeeehhaaaaawwww!"
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockabillyguitarmaniac
lonesomecat

lonesomecat

PostSubject: Re: New BSO Album!!!! Songs from: Lonely Avenue   New BSO Album!!!!      Songs from:  Lonely Avenue Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 12:28 pm

....and i think we´ll be the first to hear the new stuff in amsterdam...

lookin´- forward - to that !
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lonesomecatz
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: New BSO Album!!!! Songs from: Lonely Avenue   New BSO Album!!!!      Songs from:  Lonely Avenue Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 12:32 pm

Rickabilly wrote:
It will feature 12 new original songs all written by me... If you liked previous songs I have written like "Switchblade 327"," Drive Like Lightning"or "Ignition", I think you'll like this record.

Hot damn! Every time I read the message it gets better! BRING IT ON!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New BSO Album!!!! Songs from: Lonely Avenue   New BSO Album!!!!      Songs from:  Lonely Avenue Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 12:33 pm

Glad too see that no more Xma albums are on their way... and happy to know that they are 12 originals, and a bonus track for Japan for sure!!!
Next year is ime ofr a trio album!
Back to top Go down
nietsk

PostSubject: Re: New BSO Album!!!! Songs from: Lonely Avenue   New BSO Album!!!!      Songs from:  Lonely Avenue Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 12:34 pm

Cooool!! And I was thinking the same thing as you John..
Back to top Go down
Amity

Amity

PostSubject: Re: New BSO Album!!!! Songs from: Lonely Avenue   New BSO Album!!!!      Songs from:  Lonely Avenue Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 12:37 pm

All I can say is WOW! So glad I checked in here today. Thanks Rick this had made my day.
Back to top Go down
webelvis

webelvis

PostSubject: Re: New BSO Album!!!! Songs from: Lonely Avenue   New BSO Album!!!!      Songs from:  Lonely Avenue Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 12:59 pm

This sounds exactly like what I hoped for!!
Hopefully we can hear something of it soon.
Awsesome awesome awesome!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockabillyswingjazz
sidelake bob

sidelake bob

PostSubject: Re: New BSO Album!!!! Songs from: Lonely Avenue   New BSO Album!!!!      Songs from:  Lonely Avenue Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 1:00 pm

lonesomecat wrote:
....and i think we´ll be the first to hear the new stuff in amsterdam...

lookin´- forward - to that !

Perfect timing! Thanks for posting Rick.
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: New BSO Album!!!! Songs from: Lonely Avenue   New BSO Album!!!!      Songs from:  Lonely Avenue Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 1:02 pm

I like that there will be a mix of Big Band and Non-Big Band tunes.

Frank Comstock is now 86 years old, and he's still cranking out the charts! For those of you who weren't big Wolfgang fans, I wouldn't worry about Comstock writing the same kind of charts for this album. The man's a pro, and can write in many different styles.

I love Brian's description of the tracks as "Film Noir." I'm wondering if they're mostly instrumentals or actual songs. I missed Brian's voice on Wolfgang, but I also understand adding lyrics to those established Classical melodies would've been like a sequel to "Gettin' In the Mood."

I'm fine either way. I happen to love the instrumental charts, but am eager to see what lyrics Brian has written to match the mood of the orchestrations.

I hope the folks in Canada and Europe get some previews of the new material. It didn't happen with the couple of Nashvillains shows in '06 ahead of "13," but it would sure be exciting for those in attendance.

Hollywood Nocturne-a-billy
Back to top Go down
Le Hub'

Le Hub'

PostSubject: Re: New BSO Album!!!! Songs from: Lonely Avenue   New BSO Album!!!!      Songs from:  Lonely Avenue Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 1:10 pm

I still can't realize what I've just read !!
Thanks Rick and, of course, thanks Brian Setzer !
Can't wait... bounce
Back to top Go down
donpepe

PostSubject: Re: New BSO Album!!!! Songs from: Lonely Avenue   New BSO Album!!!!      Songs from:  Lonely Avenue Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 1:11 pm

Greeeaaat news!!! Still, I doubt they will able to rehearse all the new songs for this summers gigs, but with luck, there will be song or two.
Back to top Go down
Budgie

Budgie

PostSubject: Re: New BSO Album!!!! Songs from: Lonely Avenue   New BSO Album!!!!      Songs from:  Lonely Avenue Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 1:21 pm

donpepe wrote:
Greeeaaat news!!! Still, I doubt they will able to rehearse all the new songs for this summers gigs, but with luck, there will be song or two.

Rehearse??? Who needs to rehearse when everyone can read music!!!

lol!
Back to top Go down
donpepe

PostSubject: Re: New BSO Album!!!! Songs from: Lonely Avenue   New BSO Album!!!!      Songs from:  Lonely Avenue Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 1:33 pm

Reading music? I thought it was only for those with no talent Laughing
Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: New BSO Album!!!! Songs from: Lonely Avenue   New BSO Album!!!!      Songs from:  Lonely Avenue Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 1:54 pm

Woah! Firstly, it's been a very long time since I've posted... Secondly, NEW RECORD NEW RECORD NEW RECORD!! Or as the kids like to call them 'CDs'... uhuh uhuh..

Thirdly, this is my last week as a teenager affraid - So from now on I'll be 'Over the Hill Setzer' Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kidsetzer
Gloria

Gloria

PostSubject: Re: New BSO Album!!!! Songs from: Lonely Avenue   New BSO Album!!!!      Songs from:  Lonely Avenue Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 2:53 pm

I just saw the official site with the news. I am so excited for the new BSO album!!!! New songs for the Christmas shows! CAN'T WAIT! I loved seeing a letter from Brian. That was a nice surprise when checking into the site. Hope we get those every once in a while. Whoo hoo! I love you
Back to top Go down
lonesomecat

lonesomecat

PostSubject: Re: New BSO Album!!!! Songs from: Lonely Avenue   New BSO Album!!!!      Songs from:  Lonely Avenue Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 2:54 pm

took a look at the official site and did not find that ???? !!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lonesomecatz
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

PostSubject: Re: New BSO Album!!!! Songs from: Lonely Avenue   New BSO Album!!!!      Songs from:  Lonely Avenue Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 3:12 pm

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

So cool to see the note from Brian announcing the new album. Three of my favorite songs..."Switchblade 327"," Drive Like Lightning"or "Ignition" are given as examples of what's to come...ah man, I am one very happy happy happy lil' camper! I know that summer has just started, and there's a lot of excitement and fun to be had, but wow, I can't wait until this album is released. I wonder if he'll do a teaser release of a single on the official site like he did with WBNO and 13?

Wowzer!
hrg

p.s. And another bonus, this big announcement got some of you ol' wallflowers to post again. Hip, hip hooray! cheers

Hee, hee...the soundtrack to an unwritten movie. Sounds like it's time for me and the hubby to dust off our ol' screenplay writing skills and be inspired by the new album! I can't wait!
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: New BSO Album!!!! Songs from: Lonely Avenue   New BSO Album!!!!      Songs from:  Lonely Avenue Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 3:39 pm

lonesomecat wrote:
took a look at the official site and did not find that ???? !!!!!

Sometimes, you have to hit "refresh" on your browser to get the most up-to-date version of the Home Page of the Official Page. I first noticed Brian's letter about 4 hours ago. I cut-n-pasted it immediately as those things occasionally disappear. But it's still there at the moment. And I just pinched myself, so apparently, I'm not dreaming.

In Dre-heeeams-ville-a-billy
Back to top Go down
Chillicat

Chillicat

PostSubject: Re: New BSO Album!!!! Songs from: Lonely Avenue   New BSO Album!!!!      Songs from:  Lonely Avenue Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 4:10 pm

YAY!! read this awhile ago!!
cheers
awesomeness!
(now if only they were touring near me again... Wink )
Guess I'll dig out some of my old cds.. been awhile since i listened...
cat
C
Back to top Go down
pony65k

pony65k

PostSubject: Re: New BSO Album!!!! Songs from: Lonely Avenue   New BSO Album!!!!      Songs from:  Lonely Avenue Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 4:40 pm

Rickabilly wrote:
"Switchblade 327"," Drive Like Lightning"or "Ignition"

Wow, this is going to be one hot rockin album (it still doesn't sound right saying CD)!!!!!! For us Aussie, what months are the Fall?

Oh man, I can't wait!!!! Geez, wouldn't it be something if there was an Aussie BSO tour, that would be the ultimate!!!

René-a-pony
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/pony65k
Amity

Amity

PostSubject: Re: New BSO Album!!!! Songs from: Lonely Avenue   New BSO Album!!!!      Songs from:  Lonely Avenue Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 4:49 pm

Rene, Fall in the States is September-November. Hopefully it will be September. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Aussie_Sam

Aussie_Sam

PostSubject: Re: New BSO Album!!!! Songs from: Lonely Avenue   New BSO Album!!!!      Songs from:  Lonely Avenue Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 5:11 pm

Hey Great news, thanks Brian really lookin forward to it.
Back to top Go down
Rockabilly Ross

Rockabilly Ross

PostSubject: Re: New BSO Album!!!! Songs from: Lonely Avenue   New BSO Album!!!!      Songs from:  Lonely Avenue Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 7:27 pm

Thank you Brian!!!!!!

Really looking forward to hearing all the new songs, hopefully at the Christmas show this year.

Yee Haw !!!

Have A Gretsch Day !

Ross Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New BSO Album!!!! Songs from: Lonely Avenue   New BSO Album!!!!      Songs from:  Lonely Avenue Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New BSO Album!!!! Songs from: Lonely Avenue
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next