Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Brian Setzer Setlist Archive

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Rocky Mountain Cat

The Brian Setzer Setlist Archive Empty
PostSubject: The Brian Setzer Setlist Archive   The Brian Setzer Setlist Archive Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 3:24 pm

Hi everyone.
I wanted to let you all know about the new Brian Setzer Setlist Archive!

Located here - http://www.geocities.com/setzerarchive - the Archive has setlists covering all of Brian’s various tours going back to 1980. I’ve been researching and assembling this for the last few weeks with the kind help of some generous friends who have provided me with a huge amount of information and encouragement. It’s been an enjoyable struggle to put it together and get it going. I still have many shows to enter as soon as possible. It’s been a slower process than it should be – my tired old computer is wearing out!

Thank you to everyone who helped.

There are still a vast number of shows that remain undocumented. You can help me fill that void by contributing to the Archive. Please send me any setlists, additions, or corrections for any live appearance by Brian to setzerarchive@yahoo.com - any and all contributions will be very much appreciated. Even partial setlists are of help if that’s all you have. Be sure to let me know how you would like to be credited. A thank you/credits page is coming soon.

I hope you all enjoy the Brian Setzer Setlist Archive and find it interesting, useful, and informative!

Rocky Mountain Cat
Back to top Go down
http://www.setzerarchive.com
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

PostSubject: Re: The Brian Setzer Setlist Archive   The Brian Setzer Setlist Archive Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 9:48 pm

Good job.

This is my favorite so far:

05-01-81 ~ Stray Cats ~ L' Olympia ~ Paris, France ~ (17:00 show):

Notes: * Brian hit by bolt-screw mid-way through Rock This Town. After stopping the song, Brian addressed the crowd: "I don't know why you did this, man,...
'cause we're having a great time!... There's a couple of assholes who are throwin' stuff at us here,... I think you should get the fuck out!... If you see anyone throwin'
stuff like bottles or glass, just throw 'em up here!"

would love to see that video....
Back to top Go down
FrenchyCat

FrenchyCat

PostSubject: Re: The Brian Setzer Setlist Archive   The Brian Setzer Setlist Archive Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 4:09 pm

Congratulations for this very good and great job! cheers
If I can help you, I'll do it with pleasure as soon as I'll study this archive.

FrenchyCat
Back to top Go down
Le Hub'

Le Hub'

PostSubject: Re: The Brian Setzer Setlist Archive   The Brian Setzer Setlist Archive Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 1:44 am

Fantastic job !
Thanks a lot.
Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Cat

PostSubject: Re: The Brian Setzer Setlist Archive   The Brian Setzer Setlist Archive Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 5:48 am

Spanishdavid wrote:
Good job.

FrenchyCat wrote:
Congratulations for this very good and great job! cheers
If I can help you, I'll do it with pleasure as soon as I'll study this archive.

Choochoohothub wrote:
Fantastic job !
Thanks a lot.

Thank you all very much. I appreciate your support and encouragement.
Back to top Go down
Le Hub'

Le Hub'

PostSubject: Re: The Brian Setzer Setlist Archive   The Brian Setzer Setlist Archive Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 11:55 pm

Rocky, I clearly remember two gigs in june 1990 in Paris : june 18th & 19th. I was at the first one at the venue called Elysée Montmartre (first part band was a french one called Matador's). The setlist was, more or less, the same as the one you give about the 19th's gig.
Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Cat

PostSubject: Re: The Brian Setzer Setlist Archive   The Brian Setzer Setlist Archive Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 7:10 pm

Thank you cchh!
Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Cat

PostSubject: Re: The Brian Setzer Setlist Archive   The Brian Setzer Setlist Archive Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 11:36 pm

I owe a big thank you to everyone who has contributed information and artwork to The Archive.

Dozens of setlists, several show posters, and a hot links section have been added recently. Many more setlists on file are still to be added. Check back for updates.

Keep sending those setlists in!

RMC
Back to top Go down
crazy mixed up kid

crazy mixed up kid

PostSubject: Re: The Brian Setzer Setlist Archive   The Brian Setzer Setlist Archive Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 3:03 pm

There is an unbelievable amount of work gone into this.

Rocky Mountain Cat....please take a bow.....well done you!

How do these set list become official?
The reason I ask is because I went to all but two shows of the BLAST OFF tour of the UK back in 89. I definately wrote a set list on back of one of the stubs (I think the first one in Norwhich UK) but the stub is in a huge bag of music mags in my loft. If I found that does that become an offical set list?

CMUK
Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Cat

PostSubject: Re: The Brian Setzer Setlist Archive   The Brian Setzer Setlist Archive Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 2:55 pm

crazy mixed up kid wrote:
There is an unbelievable amount of work gone into this.

Rocky Mountain Cat....please take a bow.....well done you!

How do these set list become official?
The reason I ask is because I went to all but two shows of the BLAST OFF tour of the UK back in 89. I definately wrote a set list on back of one of the stubs (I think the first one in Norwhich UK) but the stub is in a huge bag of music mags in my loft. If I found that does that become an offical set list?

CMUK

Thank you very much CMUK! I appreciate your kind words.

To answer your question, yes - if you find that ticket stub with the setlist written on the back - it is official. When you find it, please let me know.

We have only a few ways to actually verify a setlist. Before the advent of the internet, the most accurate was was by audio/video verification. A second way is by a printed written record, such as an on-stage copy of the setlist, or a newspaper/magazine review. Since about 2000, setlists have been readily available on briansetzer.com and other web sites. (Or via cell phone when your excited buddy at the show calls you up and reads it to you....)

The only other way I know of is when someone in attendance wrote down the setlist at the show (which is what I always do). We then have to have faith in the accuracy and honesty of that person - but I have a few friends whom I can consult if I have any doubt or question about a certain setlist. Since I am not giving individual credit for sending in shows, there is no reason for someone to send in false information. We know what the basic setlist was for each tour before 2000 - it's easy to go from there.

Thank you all for your contributions to The Archive. Please keep sending them in.

RMC
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Brian Setzer Setlist Archive   The Brian Setzer Setlist Archive Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Brian Setzer Setlist Archive
Page 1 of 1