Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Strange note from Lee Rocker's website

Go down 
+5
Kiki
enjay07
gretschoholic
Kid Setzer
johnnykool327
9 posters
AuthorMessage
johnnykool327

johnnykool327

Strange note from Lee Rocker's website Empty
PostSubject: Strange note from Lee Rocker's website   Strange note from Lee Rocker's website Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 11:57 pm

So, I was taking a look at the blog over at leerocker.com, to see if there is any more news about the "incident" from Paris. I ran across this note...

Friday, August 22 was a great outdoor festival in Italy. Huge crowd in an ancient square in a town called Senigallia. The show is a festival called the Summer Jamboree. I'm feeling good now; my fingers have stopped bleeding and all is well. At one point during the show a girl jumped on stage and handcuffed Brian.

Someone handcuffed Brian Setzer on stage?

I bet if we look in the BS.com forum when it comes back, we might get to learn a little more.

I wonder what kind of stories these guys have from all the years of touring, that would be quite the conversation to have with the cats.

-BK
Back to top Go down
http://kingawayretrievers.com
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: Strange note from Lee Rocker's website   Strange note from Lee Rocker's website Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 1:58 am

There was no talk of this on the BS forum because it was seen as a stupid thing to do.

I however, thought it was hilarious Razz

Kid.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kidsetzer
gretschoholic

gretschoholic

PostSubject: Re: Strange note from Lee Rocker's website   Strange note from Lee Rocker's website Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 3:15 am

johnnykool327 wrote:
Someone handcuffed Brian Setzer on stage?

I bet if we look in the BS.com forum when it comes back, we might get to learn a little more.

Or you could check youtube: Smile

Handcuffs rather than knives, though... Rolling Eyes

Anders
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/builtforspeedband
enjay07

PostSubject: Re: Strange note from Lee Rocker's website   Strange note from Lee Rocker's website Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 9:49 am

Unless this was a planned "stunt" I can't see how these boys would want to continue their tour! Have people just loaded up on "stupid" pills, or is it just me? Am I getting old? I didn't think I was.....maybe I am! scratch

Old Fogey-a-billy
Back to top Go down
gretschoholic

gretschoholic

PostSubject: Re: Strange note from Lee Rocker's website   Strange note from Lee Rocker's website Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 12:31 pm

You're talkin' about the handcuffs now, right? I can't imagine how/why they'd plan something like that, and as long as she had the key, everything's ok IMO. If they'd cancel the rest of the tour just because of some chick who wanted 30 secs of attention, they'd definitely not have the amount of/sense of humour that I'd like to give them credit for.

The knife-incident, on the other hand... I'm sure it could have caused cancellations from other, less fan-loving acts than Stray Cats. But if they'd cancel the rest of the tour, I'm pretty sure France would be invaded by angry rockabillies/teds/greasers. Three "cats" can't be stopped by one "frog" Smile

Anders
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/builtforspeedband
Kiki

Kiki

PostSubject: Re: Strange note from Lee Rocker's website   Strange note from Lee Rocker's website Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 1:58 pm

It's just a really good thing that the girl with the cuffs didn't have a knife too. Where the heck was Security?
Back to top Go down
Cristo

Cristo

PostSubject: Re: Strange note from Lee Rocker's website   Strange note from Lee Rocker's website Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 3:48 pm

STORM THE EMBASSY

I saw this video on youtube. First off, it rocks. Second, some guy tries to STORM the stage and gets clobbered by some big guy working security. Watch it, Brian's reaction is just too cool. Pure rock'n'roll at its best!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKdAVYKYZfo
Back to top Go down
Kiki

Kiki

PostSubject: Re: Strange note from Lee Rocker's website   Strange note from Lee Rocker's website Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 4:59 pm

Cristo wrote:
STORM THE EMBASSY

I saw this video on youtube. First off, it rocks. Second, some guy tries to STORM the stage and gets clobbered by some big guy working security. Watch it, Brian's reaction is just too cool. Pure rock'n'roll at its best!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKdAVYKYZfo

I haven't seen that video before. Thanks for posting! They sure were full of themselves, weren't they!!!
Back to top Go down
Cristo

Cristo

PostSubject: Re: Strange note from Lee Rocker's website   Strange note from Lee Rocker's website Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 5:48 pm

Kiki wrote:

I haven't seen that video before. Thanks for posting! They sure were BADASS, weren't they!!!

Fixed that for ya Wink
Back to top Go down
Kiki

Kiki

PostSubject: Re: Strange note from Lee Rocker's website   Strange note from Lee Rocker's website Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 6:17 pm

Cristo wrote:
Kiki wrote:

I haven't seen that video before. Thanks for posting! They sure were BADASS, weren't they!!!

Fixed that for ya Wink

Well, yeah, that too!
Back to top Go down
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

PostSubject: Re: Strange note from Lee Rocker's website   Strange note from Lee Rocker's website Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 12:35 am

what is what Brian says when the guy gets kicked out?
Back to top Go down
Cristo

Cristo

PostSubject: Re: Strange note from Lee Rocker's website   Strange note from Lee Rocker's website Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 2:34 pm

You mean when the guy gets pulled off-stage by security? Brian just kinda lunged at him as he was being pulled away, and yelled:

"Yahhh! Freedom takes money!"

Those are the lyrics to "Storm The Embassy" during that part of the song, right when that crazy fan jumped on-stage.
Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: Strange note from Lee Rocker's website   Strange note from Lee Rocker's website Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 2:38 pm

Cristo wrote:
You mean when the guy gets pulled off-stage by security? Brian just kinda lunged at him as he was being pulled away, and yelled:

"Yahhh! Freedom takes money!"

Those are the lyrics to "Storm The Embassy" during that part of the song, right when that crazy fan jumped on-stage.

Haha, great timing hey Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kidsetzer
Cristo

Cristo

PostSubject: Re: Strange note from Lee Rocker's website   Strange note from Lee Rocker's website Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 3:32 pm

Yeah, I really love that video. Can you imagine being in the crowd for a show like that? The Stray Cats, raw rock'n'roll power. At the end of the video, the way Brian walks away... It's like he's amazed at how hard they just rocked. So badass!
Back to top Go down
bobbycrazy

PostSubject: Re: Strange note from Lee Rocker's website   Strange note from Lee Rocker's website Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 7:56 am

hello! french I am a fan of stray cats! and I've been deçue by the incident because of a stupid man! there was a fight just after a type and east part on a stretcher!
I've been affected by this concert, however, was for one hour thirty perfect! I hope that fans from other countries do not too critics our country because of a type stupid! must not forget that stray cats have been known in England and france! there are many rockers and teddy boys with us!!
thank you
Back to top Go down
sidelake bob

sidelake bob

PostSubject: Re: Strange note from Lee Rocker's website   Strange note from Lee Rocker's website Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 8:11 am

bobbycrazy wrote:
hello! french I am a fan of stray cats! and I've been deçue by the incident because of a stupid man! there was a fight just after a type and east part on a stretcher!
I've been affected by this concert, however, was for one hour thirty perfect! I hope that fans from other countries do not too critics our country because of a type stupid! must not forget that stray cats have been known in England and france! there are many rockers and teddy boys with us!!
thank you

Things like that can happen everywhere.
Back to top Go down
bobbycrazy

PostSubject: Re: Strange note from Lee Rocker's website   Strange note from Lee Rocker's website Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 8:51 am

thank you lelle!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Strange note from Lee Rocker's website   Strange note from Lee Rocker's website Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Strange note from Lee Rocker's website
Page 1 of 1