Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

ad- 59 SETZER delay

Go down 
+6
Pistol Pete
steb74
tvthewiredturtle
Guitarmaniac
ruger9
elvis
10 posters
AuthorMessage
elvis

ad- 59 SETZER delay Empty
PostSubject: ad- 59 SETZER delay   ad- 59 SETZER delay Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 11:15 am

hello
I found this discution on a forum; know this pedal you?
elvis

"""""what you need is one of these, not sure if you can see it. It's the second one from the upper top left, about 5 feet from center, next to the Giggly Wiggly Power Booster thingamajig. It's called the AD-59 Setzer HoodooVoodoo Echo. What's great about it, is not only does it give you slapback, but it has a Blonde Bassman mod switch and RE-201 tape delay simulato""""
Back to top Go down
ruger9

ruger9

PostSubject: Re: ad- 59 SETZER delay   ad- 59 SETZER delay Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 11:21 am

could you post a link to that thread in that forum so we could have a look at it?
Back to top Go down
elvis

PostSubject: Re: ad- 59 SETZER delay   ad- 59 SETZER delay Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 12:41 pm

ruger9 wrote:
could you post a link to that thread in that forum so we could have a look at it?

hello
http://gretschpages.com/forum/other-equipment/boss-giga-delay-dd-20/23295/page1/
elvis
Back to top Go down
Guitarmaniac

Guitarmaniac

PostSubject: Re: ad- 59 SETZER delay   ad- 59 SETZER delay Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 1:36 pm

This pedal doesn't really exist and Mr Trouble from the Gretschpages was just making fun of people who are searching for the exact same tone that Brian has by copying his gear but do not realize that Brian's enormous skills and knwledge of scales, licks and chords and his technique also are a big part of his style.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockabillyguitarmaniac
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: ad- 59 SETZER delay   ad- 59 SETZER delay Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 4:18 pm

never give up getting what you want and what you hear in your head.
F'k the voices that steal your dreams! Only you can stop you.

there are plenty of jerkoffs that can play circles around setzer but they
aint setzer. He created himself, and our eyes and ears are focused on
his art. I'm sorry you got hosed by the dickheads at gretschpages
Elvis, I'm with ya brother.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
steb74

steb74

PostSubject: Re: ad- 59 SETZER delay   ad- 59 SETZER delay Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 5:06 pm

tvthewiredturtle wrote:

Ha, come on man, whoever done that was obviously only having a laugh .....(I dunno, maybe not???)

Anyway, I don't think you're right at all in saying that there are plenty who can play circles around Setzer.
Now, I'm seriously not trying to jump up and defend Brian's honor as a player, his own playing is testament to his worth as a musician and as a player but for me at least, guitar playing is relative.
The fact that his playing is a seamless combination of roots based styles is what stops most people in the first place from doing what he can.
Now, if we just took those individual styles (which still could be broken up even more) like blues, country, jazz, etc,
well of course there are players with much more experience in those specific fields with larger musical vocabularies to explore and ultimately entertain us with but again, isn't that the point of Brian's style, his whole idea of mixing it all up.
My point I guess is that I don't think there are any players or certainly not many that can player better than Brian, at least in regards to the style in which he plays.
Well I hope this isn't coming across as too argumentative or confusing as I'm really just chatting but that's the worrying thing about messageboards for me...... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: ad- 59 SETZER delay   ad- 59 SETZER delay Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 5:51 pm

steb74 wrote:
tvthewiredturtle wrote:

Ha, come on man, whoever done that was obviously only having a laugh .....(I dunno, maybe not???)

Anyway, I don't think you're right at all in saying that there are plenty who can play circles around Setzer.
Now, I'm seriously not trying to jump up and defend Brian's honor as a player, his own playing is testament to his worth as a musician and as a player but for me at least, guitar playing is relative.
The fact that his playing is a seamless combination of roots based styles is what stops most people in the first place from doing what he can.
Now, if we just took those individual styles (which still could be broken up even more) like blues, country, jazz, etc,
well of course there are players with much more experience in those specific fields with larger musical vocabularies to explore and ultimately entertain us with but again, isn't that the point of Brian's style, his whole idea of mixing it all up.
My point I guess is that I don't think there are any players or certainly not many that can player better than Brian, at least in regards to the style in which he plays.
Well I hope this isn't coming across as too argumentative or confusing as I'm really just chatting but that's the worrying thing about messageboards for me...... Very Happy

hmmm...you do understand my comments were in defense of Brian Setzer, the artist, the mother of a Crooner, songwriter, front man, entertainer AND
world Class guitarist.

If you do study other guitarists in jazz and prog rock, you indeed will see others that can play technically way above his caliber, but its usually soul-less and mechanical and less than toneful.. my point was that there are asswipe critics galore being player haters and it pisses me sideways. Brian's been my guitar heroe for 30yrs... gonna post a picture to prove it! Smile
Back to top Go down
steb74

steb74

PostSubject: Re: ad- 59 SETZER delay   ad- 59 SETZER delay Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 6:42 pm

tvthewiredturtle wrote:
hmmm...you do understand my comments were in defense of Brian Setzer, the artist, the mother of a Crooner, songwriter, front man, entertainer AND
world Class guitarist.

If you do study other guitarists in jazz and prog rock, you indeed will see others that can play technically way above his caliber, but its usually soul-less and mechanical and less than toneful.. my point was that there are asswipe critics galore being player haters and it pisses me sideways. Brian's been my guitar heroe for 30yrs... gonna post a picture to prove it! Smile

I know you were speaking in his defense man, I just don't really agree with with your conclusions though, as like I said I personally believe playing is all relative to any given style, technique most certainly.
Great jazz players don't always play great rock'n'roll and don't have a great r'n'r technique.
Great prog rock players can't always play fingerpicked country jazz chord solos as they don't have a great fingerpicking country jazz chord solo technique.
Great modern rock players couldn't necessarily play a great authentic acoustic blues shuffle as they just might not have developed a technique good enough for it, etc.....
And importantly, vice versa.
I couldn't imagine Robert Johnson playing a faithful version of 'For The Love Of God' but equally I remember the Expo '92 Guitar Legends rock show when none of the masters of rock technique could even play a decent r'n'b/blues solo in the 'Hey Joe' jam, as the techniques they have don't serve the song well enough, at least in my opinion.
For their own songs though, their playing was awesome as they had the right technique for their own genre.

Technique is a means to an end and relative to any given style.

Also, crtics are just not even worth thinking about, usually 3rd rate talentless losers.

Brian's been my hero for 22 years since I first saw him when I was 13
......lord almighty, where did the years blimin' go??!!
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: ad- 59 SETZER delay   ad- 59 SETZER delay Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 6:49 pm

steb74 wrote:
tvthewiredturtle wrote:
world Class guitarist.

I know you were speaking in his defense man, I just don't really agree with with your conclusions though, as like I said I personally believe playing is all relative to any given style, technique most certainly.
Great jazz players don't always play great rock'n'roll and don't have a great r'n'r technique.
Great prog rock players can't always play fingerpicked country jazz chord solos as they don't have a great fingerpicking country jazz chord solo technique.
Great modern rock players couldn't necessarily play a great authentic acoustic blues shuffle as they just might not have developed a technique good enough for it, etc.....
I couldn't imagine Robert Johnson playing a faithful version of 'For The Love Of God' but equally I remember the Expo '92 Guitar Legends rock show when none of the masters of rock technique could even play a decent r'n'b/blues solo in the 'Hey Joe' jam, as the techniques they have don't serve the song well enough, at least in my opinion.
For their own songs though, their playing was awesome as they had the right technique for their own genre.

Also, crtics are just not even worth thinking about, usually 3rd rate talentless losers.

lets get a beer!
ad- 59 SETZER delay 22434-bigthumbnail
Back to top Go down
Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete

PostSubject: Re: ad- 59 SETZER delay   ad- 59 SETZER delay Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 6:54 pm

......lord almighty, where did the years blimin' go??!![/quote]

Hey Steb!
Couldn't agree with ya anymore!! What I find even worse, speaking as and for the average player, is better guitarists critize and bag us!! We're trying to get better, help us out!!
Back to top Go down
Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete

PostSubject: Re: ad- 59 SETZER delay   ad- 59 SETZER delay Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 6:55 pm

tvthewiredturtle wrote:
steb74 wrote:
tvthewiredturtle wrote:
world Class guitarist.

lets get a beer!

NOW we're talkin' sense!! I'll grab first round!!
Back to top Go down
steb74

steb74

PostSubject: Re: ad- 59 SETZER delay   ad- 59 SETZER delay Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 7:36 pm

Pistol Pete wrote:
Hey Steb!
Couldn't agree with ya anymore!! What I find even worse, speaking as and for the average player, is better guitarists critize and bag us!! We're trying to get better, help us out!!

Yeah man, it's an unfortunate and ugly thing in the guitar playing world.
So many insecure and bad mannered people, frustrated and bitter when the rest of the world can't see the 'talent' they seem to believe they have. They might have the chops but no bloody class!
There's no way some of those will share info or help to educate less experienced players at the risk of the new guy getting a break.

I remember years ago on the cover of guitar player magazine (I think) and it said something like -
Danny Gatton, the greatest unknown guitar player in the world......

My point is that for such an 'unknown' and insanely amazing guitar player, Danny seemed like one hell of a nice guy and his tuition videos prove he was happy to share his knowledge and wisdom without a second thought.
I know it didn't end well for him but that's a different story.

tvthewiredturtle wrote:
lets get a beer!
Pistol Pete wrote:
NOW we're talkin' sense!! I'll grab first round!!

Splendid, cheers guys!
Back to top Go down
Daddio

Daddio

PostSubject: Re: ad- 59 SETZER delay   ad- 59 SETZER delay Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 8:07 pm

This is all well and good, but, where duz I git one of them there pedals? I know I'll sound, and play, just like Mr. Seltzer!
Honestly, I know tis true!

"What're you lookin' at? Get back to work!"
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: ad- 59 SETZER delay   ad- 59 SETZER delay Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 8:43 pm

Daddio wrote:
This is all well and good, but, where duz I git one of them there pedals? I know I'll sound, and play, just like Mr. Seltzer!
Honestly, I know tis true!

"What're you lookin' at? Get back to work!"

you're right.... I havent finished drilling the boxes, its finally cooler than
104 now that the suns gone down. (no air in the shop)
Back to top Go down
Brett

Brett

PostSubject: Re: ad- 59 SETZER delay   ad- 59 SETZER delay Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 4:39 am

TV, i`ll order one, i don´t care for the color...

BUT WHO`s IT IN YOUR AVATAR?????

PLEEEEEEASE, tell me!

pig Rolling Eyes Question santa rendeer geek jocolor queen king
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rhythm56
Guitarmaniac

Guitarmaniac

PostSubject: Re: ad- 59 SETZER delay   ad- 59 SETZER delay Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 7:10 am

I'll also have a beer =)

"American beer is like sex in a canoe. F*king close to water!"
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockabillyguitarmaniac
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: ad- 59 SETZER delay   ad- 59 SETZER delay Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 8:30 am

Brett wrote:
TV, i`ll order one, i don´t care for the color...

BUT WHO`s IT IN YOUR AVATAR?????

PLEEEEEEASE, tell me!

pig Rolling Eyes Question santa rendeer geek jocolor queen king

I dont know exactly.. i'm always searchin out Tiki sites, midcentury architect junk,etc.. Probably just an old 50s ad campaign. I'll try to
backtrack and find out.
I've got it as my avatar on gretschpages also, you wanna snake it? Smile
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: ad- 59 SETZER delay   ad- 59 SETZER delay Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 9:06 am

I think the photo has just become an internet meme in the last few years. This is the version of it I've seen more often:

ad- 59 SETZER delay Not_this_shit_again
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: ad- 59 SETZER delay   ad- 59 SETZER delay Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 9:17 am

Andi wrote:
I think the photo has just become an internet meme in the last few years. This is the version of it I've seen more often:

thats even BETTER!! Smile my mantra,ahaha!
Back to top Go down
Brett

Brett

PostSubject: Re: ad- 59 SETZER delay   ad- 59 SETZER delay Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 1:32 am

tvthewiredturtle wrote:

...I've got it as my avatar on gretschpages also, you wanna snake it? Smile
if that mean i wanna use as well, i still do... Embarassed , but only in a german Rockabillyboard.

Andi wrote:

thats even BETTER!! Smile my mantra,ahaha!

hehe...cool Very Happy lol!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rhythm56
Niblos

PostSubject: Re: ad- 59 SETZER delay   ad- 59 SETZER delay Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 5:14 pm

"American beer is like sex in a canoe. F*king close to water!"

Eric Idle? At least he used this one at the 9:30 Club a few years ago.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ad- 59 SETZER delay   ad- 59 SETZER delay Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ad- 59 SETZER delay
Page 1 of 1