Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Duffy, the new Amy Winehouse?

Go down 
+11
Twenty Flight Rick
vic
Hot Rod Girl
enjay07
tvthewiredturtle
Rickabilly
Dave
Kiki
Pirate Paul
Le Hub'
Spanishdavid
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

Duffy, the new Amy Winehouse? Empty
PostSubject: Duffy, the new Amy Winehouse?   Duffy, the new Amy Winehouse? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 5:46 am

I´ve listened to this girl on the radio, and they proclaim her to be the new Amy Winehouse.

This seems like when Setzer started the BSO, that lots of swing bands poped up from everywhere....

Have you listened to her? Duffy - video
Back to top Go down
Le Hub'

Le Hub'

PostSubject: Re: Duffy, the new Amy Winehouse?   Duffy, the new Amy Winehouse? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 8:18 am

Thanks David.
I don't know if one day she'll become the "new" (?) Amy Winehouse, but she knows the job. Really nice video.
Back to top Go down
Pirate Paul

Pirate Paul

PostSubject: Re: Duffy, the new Amy Winehouse?   Duffy, the new Amy Winehouse? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 7:32 am

Spanishdavid wrote:
I´ve listened to this girl on the radio, and they proclaim her to be the new Amy Winehouse...
Hey David!
I like her a lot more than Amy Winehouse. Duffy looks great, has an amazing voice and has a cool style.
I think thats a great video too - cool Northern Soul Cool

Over here in England Amy is getting more and more known for being a drunk/junkie than she is for her musical talent. I think it's really sad because I think if she carries on treating herself like the way she is, then she will kill herself Exclamation

Check out this pick of how she used to look compared to now Shocked
Duffy, the new Amy Winehouse? Amyb4after2
Somebody call a paramedic!
Cheers PP Cool
Back to top Go down
Kiki

Kiki

PostSubject: Re: Duffy, the new Amy Winehouse?   Duffy, the new Amy Winehouse? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 7:49 am

Those pictures tell a really sad story, Pirate Paul. What a waste of talent and beauty. Too bad...
Back to top Go down
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

PostSubject: Re: Duffy, the new Amy Winehouse?   Duffy, the new Amy Winehouse? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 8:17 am

Give her 2 months by my side, and Amy would look like a year ago.

I hope Blake Civil Fielder never gets out of jail, cause it will be even worse for her....
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Duffy, the new Amy Winehouse?   Duffy, the new Amy Winehouse? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 11:37 am

The pics of Amy in today`s paper were even worse.

i reckon unless someone gets hold of her and sorts her out she won`t be here in 12 months time ...
Back to top Go down
Le Hub'

Le Hub'

PostSubject: Re: Duffy, the new Amy Winehouse?   Duffy, the new Amy Winehouse? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 4:46 am

"THAT'S ROCK N' ROLL MEN !!!"
Back to top Go down
Kiki

Kiki

PostSubject: Re: Duffy, the new Amy Winehouse?   Duffy, the new Amy Winehouse? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 5:38 am

Choochoohothub wrote:
"THAT'S ROCK N' ROLL MEN !!!"

Can't quite read this...
Back to top Go down
Le Hub'

Le Hub'

PostSubject: Re: Duffy, the new Amy Winehouse?   Duffy, the new Amy Winehouse? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 9:11 am

I know (and I understand) but I'm sure you see what I mean.
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: Duffy, the new Amy Winehouse?   Duffy, the new Amy Winehouse? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 9:59 am

I think Kiki means that a purple font on a black background isn't all that easy to read.

It's making me feel especially old...

Duffy, the new Amy Winehouse? Mr-Magoo1

Mr Magoo-a-billy
Back to top Go down
Kiki

Kiki

PostSubject: Re: Duffy, the new Amy Winehouse?   Duffy, the new Amy Winehouse? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 3:14 pm

Yes, it's the purple part that makes it almost impossible to read, and I don't want to miss anything!
Back to top Go down
Le Hub'

Le Hub'

PostSubject: Re: Duffy, the new Amy Winehouse?   Duffy, the new Amy Winehouse? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 3:09 am

Sure
Back to top Go down
Kiki

Kiki

PostSubject: Re: Duffy, the new Amy Winehouse?   Duffy, the new Amy Winehouse? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 6:39 am

Choochoohothub wrote:
Sure

That is SO much better. Thank you!
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Duffy, the new Amy Winehouse?   Duffy, the new Amy Winehouse? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 11:22 pm

are you sure its not tracy ullman ?

her voice is okay, not real vibey... its like comparing Kurt Cobain to Gaven Rossdale...
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

PostSubject: Re: Duffy, the new Amy Winehouse?   Duffy, the new Amy Winehouse? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 9:29 am

----

Last edited by Spanishdavid on Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:30 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : my bad)
Back to top Go down
Le Hub'

Le Hub'

PostSubject: Re: Duffy, the new Amy Winehouse?   Duffy, the new Amy Winehouse? Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 7:21 am

?????????????
Back to top Go down
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

PostSubject: Re: Duffy, the new Amy Winehouse?   Duffy, the new Amy Winehouse? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 9:04 am

Amy in Portugal this past week:

affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid
Back to top Go down
enjay07

PostSubject: Re: Duffy, the new Amy Winehouse?   Duffy, the new Amy Winehouse? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 8:25 pm

Admittedly, I've not seen a whole lot of Amy's "live" footage...but does she normally look that stoned when she's performing and act like she doesn't give a s*&$? She looked completely anorexic too. I've liked everything I've ever heard her sing, but WOW....that was....just wow. Poor thing.
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Duffy, the new Amy Winehouse?   Duffy, the new Amy Winehouse? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 1:31 pm

finally a real rock star again... remember rock n roll is a middle finger to the
establishment and to terrify parents!!

....... No

ps. seriously duffy sux.. c'mon she's hilary duff!!
Back to top Go down
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

PostSubject: Re: Duffy, the new Amy Winehouse?   Duffy, the new Amy Winehouse? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 1:49 pm

If Amy stays on the same track for a while, we´ll soon have another funeral.

I was going next July 4th to see her performing in Madrid, here in Spain... but I´m not driving 3 hours and pay a hotel room just to see someone that is absolutely fucked up and can´t sing anymore. It´s a shame, cause I really like her recordings, but she doesn´t even have a voice right at this point. She has absolutely lost her self-control.

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Duffy, the new Amy Winehouse?   Duffy, the new Amy Winehouse? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 2:24 pm

Spanishdavid wrote:
If Amy stays on the same track for a while, we´ll soon have another funeral.

I was going next July 4th to see her performing in Madrid, here in Spain... but I´m not driving 3 hours and pay a hotel room just to see someone that is absolutely fucked up and can´t sing anymore. It´s a shame, cause I really like her recordings, but she doesn´t even have a voice right at this point. She has absolutely lost her self-control.

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Where is the damn record company in all this? She's a damn gravy train and
they are letting her go to hell.. well she's choosing her path but there is
a thing called intervention.
Back to top Go down
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

PostSubject: Re: Duffy, the new Amy Winehouse?   Duffy, the new Amy Winehouse? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 2:45 pm

I don´t know but she doesn´t seem one to care at all. She´s completely sick, there´s no doubt about it. I´m sure her family and record company are trying all they can to help her out.

I´ve never been close to anyone under a similar situation, so I have no idea what the steps are, but I´m sure it´s not that easy to help someone that doesn´t want to be assisted.

I think this time she really needed to say "Yes, yes, yes" to rehab.

I´m sure the situation with her husband is not helping her either.
Back to top Go down
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

PostSubject: Re: Duffy, the new Amy Winehouse?   Duffy, the new Amy Winehouse? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 6:07 am

tvthewiredturtle wrote:

Where is the damn record company in all this? She's a damn gravy train and
they are letting her go to hell.. well she's choosing her path but there is
a thing called intervention.

Well....where was the record company when Elvis was basically doing the same thing to himself, just a little further along in his career?

It's such a shame....such a great singer, wonderful voice. But such a messed up situation.

hrg
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Duffy, the new Amy Winehouse?   Duffy, the new Amy Winehouse? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 9:20 am

skeletor must be saved by hillary!
Duffy, the new Amy Winehouse? Hilary-duff-maxim-01
Back to top Go down
vic

vic

PostSubject: Re: Duffy, the new Amy Winehouse?   Duffy, the new Amy Winehouse? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 9:05 pm

Lord help me, I find her ridicoulsly attractive for no justifiable reason. That's something for me and my shrink to work out.

TV, Hillary Duff is yet another vice in another long list of teen queens begining with Annette Funicello. I took my 12year old to a concert of hers a few years back and noticed that it was all 12 year old girls and thier pathetic fathers. Creepy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Duffy, the new Amy Winehouse?   Duffy, the new Amy Winehouse? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Duffy, the new Amy Winehouse?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next