Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

BSO on the Tonight Show 11/18?

Go down 
+15
steb74
Guitarmaniac
ruger9
Pirate Paul
Jon524
Brett
Andi
lisathegreaser.
mjcodina
johnnykool327
Rickabilly
Rocky Mountain Cat
tvthewiredturtle
Hot Rod Girl
peeteycat
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Brent

Brent

BSO on the Tonight Show 11/18? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BSO on the Tonight Show 11/18?   BSO on the Tonight Show 11/18? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 3:39 pm

Liked the whole performance...the band's got to get tired of pretending to weight lift their horns...more fun in front of a crowd that's there to see you I'm guessing. My only problem, if anything, is as TV says...no bassman... No That's just not right...and on my little laptop speakers, seemed a little thin...
Back to top Go down
http://tigersharks.ca
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: BSO on the Tonight Show 11/18?   BSO on the Tonight Show 11/18? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 3:49 pm

Brent wrote:
Liked the whole performance...the band's got to get tired of pretending to weight lift their horns...more fun in front of a crowd that's there to see you I'm guessing. My only problem, if anything, is as TV says...no bassman... No That's just not right...and on my little laptop speakers, seemed a little thin...

i'm wonderin if it has anything to do with his Tinnitus issues, he almost couldnt perform one yr because of it.. Maybe the Supro lets him
get close to the feel,texture and mojo at a much lower SPL? I did
notice 2 mics on the amp and a thunderbolt only has a single 15" speaker.
The Royer ribbon mic was on the outer cone and the other was just off axis the voice coil???

or maybe he's mad about those of us pursuing the "really rockabilly" blonde rig of heaven and wants to remind us that he's King of the whole damn world of whatever he wants to play with.BSO on the Tonight Show 11/18? - Page 3 Icon_king
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
Brett

Brett

PostSubject: Re: BSO on the Tonight Show 11/18?   BSO on the Tonight Show 11/18? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 1:25 am

tvthewiredturtle wrote:

or maybe he's mad about those of us pursuing the "really rockabilly" blonde rig of heaven and wants to remind us that he's King of the whole damn world of whatever he wants to play with.BSO on the Tonight Show 11/18? - Page 3 Icon_king

yep... Cool
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rhythm56
jonnykool

PostSubject: Re: BSO on the Tonight Show 11/18?   BSO on the Tonight Show 11/18? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 5:03 am

With minimal looking, I found the video on Youtube. Check the solo, those are not human fingers moving. Here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvGwpKn0ZrE. Also if you check the sidebar, there's footage of him playing at the Bob and Tom Show. Pretty cool considering it's just him playing with the backing track. Plus, it's great to watch him at work.
Back to top Go down
I'm Incinerator

PostSubject: Re: BSO on the Tonight Show 11/18?   BSO on the Tonight Show 11/18? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 8:27 am

I'm glad that I didn't catch the performance when it aired...Too many times has Omaha's local affiliates fumbled the ball on shows. I will catch it on the web and deal with the crappy laptop speakers.

Regarding Supros, those things are unique little buggers and it seems since word got out that Page used a few on the first to LZ records you can't touch them due to geek collectors, especially the Thunderbolts. Is there a Valco, Gretsch, Oahu, or National equivilent? What other labels had Valco make their amps back in those days?

mmm....Black Phoenix, now I hazz to watch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BSO on the Tonight Show 11/18?   BSO on the Tonight Show 11/18? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 4:40 pm

The vixens are always ruining the songs and singing out of tune...
Back to top Go down
Jon524

Jon524

PostSubject: Re: BSO on the Tonight Show 11/18?   BSO on the Tonight Show 11/18? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 9:29 pm

Well you just came right out and said didnt you? hahaha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BSO on the Tonight Show 11/18?   BSO on the Tonight Show 11/18? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BSO on the Tonight Show 11/18?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3