Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Brixton Gig

Go down 
+11
matt
crazy mixed up kid
johnch123
Rocky Mountain Cat
Brooklyn Bomber
Brett
donpepe
MEMPHISSUN
steb74
DEXTER
Dave
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Dave

Dave

Brixton Gig Empty
PostSubject: Brixton Gig   Brixton Gig Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 4:35 pm

Just got back - Awesome gig - the Cats were on fire tonight.

Special guest - Dave Edmunds, who did 2 songs in the encore - The Race is on and Tear It Up (i yjomk, i`ve forgotten already !!)

One slight area of concern, at the end of the show Jim fell off the stage, as usual, he goes to the very sides to greet fans, as he walked back he seemed to lose his footing and took what seemed to be a heavy tumble. He got back on stage, but i hope he is OK.

Anyway, for those of you awaiting the Cats in Manchester, Glasgow and Dublin, they really rocked Brixton tonight !!!!!

Cheers

Dave (tired and off to bed a billy...)
Back to top Go down
DEXTER

DEXTER

Brixton Gig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brixton Gig   Brixton Gig Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 4:42 pm

Jesus Dave was that not just the best thing you've ever seen? Ive seen the Cats many times before, but I thought that tonite was the best so far, Dave Edmunds and the Cats together was just electric, whats coming next, maybe Larry Mullens or even all of U2 in Dublin, wouldnt be surprised!! Anyway tonite was just the very best Ive seen!
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockabillyfever.com/view_profile.php?member_id=286
Dave

Dave

Brixton Gig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brixton Gig   Brixton Gig Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 4:45 pm

It was a great show. They certainly left London with their heads (or tails) held high !!!!!

My ears are still ringing !!!

Did you pick up the bit where Brian said "we`ll have to make a new record " ?

I wonder..........

Dave
Back to top Go down
DEXTER

DEXTER

Brixton Gig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brixton Gig   Brixton Gig Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 5:04 pm

Nothin but a tease that Brian Setzer!! He's playin with our heads. Off topic though, did you see Tommy tonite in the pit, Jesus he was workin hard! Not a move was missed! Dyin to see those photos!
Back to top Go down
steb74

steb74

Brixton Gig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brixton Gig   Brixton Gig Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 6:10 pm

That's great guys, it sounded like an amazing evening !
I saw 2 shows in Spain and I feel the same way, a pure old school vibe.
For me at least, I feel the Cats are generating much more electricity and energy on stage than when I last saw them in 2004.
Which, don't get me wrong, blew me away at the time but this tour so far has been pure smokin' dynamite!
Back to top Go down
MEMPHISSUN

MEMPHISSUN

Brixton Gig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brixton Gig   Brixton Gig Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 8:26 pm

Thanks for the reviews guy"s.

That was something,with DE walking on stage and doing some songs.

A RECORD!!!

Mmm,that would be A1.

Better head off,going down to Glasgow a day early,get ready for Friday"s gig.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hankgarland.com
donpepe

Brixton Gig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brixton Gig   Brixton Gig Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 10:02 pm

Zaysus! Cats & Dave E together!!!!!!!! Whoa!!
Back to top Go down
Brett

Brett

Brixton Gig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brixton Gig   Brixton Gig Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 11:22 pm

cool, sounds it was an amazing concert.
any photos around?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rhythm56
Dave

Dave

Brixton Gig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brixton Gig   Brixton Gig Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 12:39 am

My photos didn`t come out well at all.

Last time at Brixton, when they did the DVD, there were no lights on stage.

Last night, the stage lights were shining from behind the band, so many photos are just a blur of lights.

Still, i have memories instead !!!

I was front row centre in the balcony, had an excellent view, and right in the middle as far as the sound goes....

right now my ears are ringing and i have to get to work.....

Mad

Dave
Back to top Go down
Brooklyn Bomber

Brooklyn Bomber

Brixton Gig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brixton Gig   Brixton Gig Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 4:12 am

Dave wrote:
Special guest - Dave Edmunds, who did 2 songs in the encore - The Race is on and Tear It Up

Can't believe! 2004 I came over to London hoping to see them playing "The Race Is On" with DE but nothing like that happend...and this time...when I stayed at home... Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

BB
Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Cat

Brixton Gig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brixton Gig   Brixton Gig Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 9:39 am

Dave wrote:
It was a great show. They certainly left London with their heads (or tails) held high !!!!!

My ears are still ringing !!!

Did you pick up the bit where Brian said "we`ll have to make a new record " ?

I wonder..........

Dave

It sounds like you had a great time and that it was an amazing show. Seeing Dave Edmunds with the Cats must have been very special. It really sucks that Slim Jim fell off the stage. Here's hoping he heals quickly!
Back to top Go down
http://www.setzerarchive.com
johnch123

Brixton Gig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brixton Gig   Brixton Gig Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 2:40 pm

Hi Dave nice to see you again last night. Me & Mel got right down the front with Mark, absolutely brilliant especially with Dave Edmunds. Feel so sorry for the ones wo had tickets to the cancelled gigs. Hope Jim gets better soon. Just seems a bit ironic that their career took off in London and now has been bought to an end in London.
Back to top Go down
crazy mixed up kid

crazy mixed up kid

Brixton Gig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brixton Gig   Brixton Gig Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 3:27 pm

To those that did not make the London gig last...........You have really really missed something special.

To view Brians selection of Guitars is worth the entrance fee alone.

For ME, that was the best show I have ever seen them play.
We had songs that I have never seen them play live before like 7 Nights to Rock, Sweet Gene Vincent, Tear It Up. Lee Rocker sang Bring it Back Again and the anthem Somethings Wrong with My Radio was bone crunching.

And I'll tell you what, to me it appeared as though they truely enjoyed the evening as much as the audience. Brian had a bit of chat about him and bearing in mind how many of these shows they have already performed they all played with a huge smile on their face. Everybody enjoyed the evening to the limit and even though they have nothing to prove to anyone they were as professional as ever in their timing & performance of their music.

Dave Edmunds, by the way is a living Genius...........I need not say anymore than he was sensational.

Other than Slim Jims fall, the only sad note for me was hearing Brian say, "I'm gonna ask you this for the LAST TIME.........Are you ready to Rock This Town yet or what?"

I consoled myself with the thought that,that was not quite true because he would be asking me that question Thursday in Manchester & Friday in Glasgow....Ho dear maybe he was right.

And the other sad note for ME was that the London gig I was going to party hard, which did, but Thursday I would get my T shirts & souvenirs & Friday say my good byes..............Ahhhhh I never got myself any collectables.

CMUK
Back to top Go down
matt

matt

Brixton Gig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brixton Gig   Brixton Gig Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 4:44 pm

MEMPHISSUN wrote:
Thanks for the reviews guy"s.

That was something,with DE walking on stage and doing some songs.

A RECORD!!!

Mmm,that would be A1.

Better head off,going down to Glasgow a day early,get ready for Friday"s gig.

a hope you heard the news before it was to late memphis
it still has not sunk in yet am f@ckin gutted

Last edited by stray matt on Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
lonesomecat

lonesomecat

Brixton Gig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brixton Gig   Brixton Gig Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 12:31 am

i´ve been to brixton. i got home at midnight of sept. 11. and still the tinitus in my ears.

absolutely the greatest, the very best stray cats show ever ! ( and i´ve seen a lot ! )

greetings at this point to : weemark, brucie68, and bansky ! well that was a fine meeting
at " the duke of edihgburgh " .
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lonesomecatz
Banksy

Banksy

Brixton Gig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brixton Gig   Brixton Gig Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 1:34 am

Hey lonesomecat! Das war gut, Jah?

Nice to meet you and weemark / brucie68

I went back to that pub later. Bloody empty!

Tschuss!

Banksy
Back to top Go down
DEXTER

DEXTER

Brixton Gig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brixton Gig   Brixton Gig Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 12:33 pm

A big apology to the guys I was supposed to meet at the Duke, some personal circumstances ill not go into, but was awful sorry I didnt get the chance to meet up with you guys. Maybe farewell 2!
Back to top Go down
wee mark

wee mark

Brixton Gig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brixton Gig   Brixton Gig Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 2:51 am

Hi lonesomecat.Great to see you on board

The smoking and beer drinking rockabilly cat from north Germany! Very Happy

Wee Mark.
Back to top Go down
sidelake bob

sidelake bob

Brixton Gig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brixton Gig   Brixton Gig Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 3:19 am

[quote="crazy mixed up kid"]To those that did not make the London gig last...........You have really really missed something special.

To view Brians selection of Guitars is worth the entrance fee alone.

Question What guitars did Brian play this night?
Back to top Go down
wee mark

wee mark

Brixton Gig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brixton Gig   Brixton Gig Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 9:55 am

What grabbed me,well a couple of things.
Chord changes of Gina plus the cats version off sweet jean vincent.

Dave,doing a couple of songs.

The crowd... i saw this eastern girl, very pretty! she was getting pushed about. I managed to get her,to the barrier and sheild her from the pushing.
She told me her name,and silly me i have forgotten it. Pity.

Wee Mark.
Back to top Go down
lonesomecat

lonesomecat

Brixton Gig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brixton Gig   Brixton Gig Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 11:53 am

weemark wrote :

"She told me her name,and silly me i have forgotten it. Pity."

bad luck , haha
greetz to you ! have you already seen photo nr. 6 on BSO.com ?

there we are !
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lonesomecatz
wee mark

wee mark

Brixton Gig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brixton Gig   Brixton Gig Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 3:16 am

LONESOMECAT.

Well spotted! Very cool,there is another photo further on,as well.
Makes the memory,even sweeter.

Wee Mark.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Brixton Gig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brixton Gig   Brixton Gig Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brixton Gig
Page 1 of 1