Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Lonely Avenue Chords

Go down 
+3
lemoncat
Davy Jones
Brett
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Brett

Brett

Lonely Avenue Chords Empty
PostSubject: Lonely Avenue Chords   Lonely Avenue Chords Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 2:52 am

Does anybody know the chords of LA?

It`s something with F and b, but i don`t find the whole pattern... Sad

Where is the Captain?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rhythm56
Davy Jones

Davy Jones

PostSubject: Re: Lonely Avenue Chords   Lonely Avenue Chords Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 10:08 am

Brett,

I worked through the basics of that one here recently, and I hope to put up a complete and entire .pdf of the tune with vocals, both gtr. parts (acoustic/electric), maybe some of the orchestra lines, and if I decide to really go overboard, the vibraphone/xylophone solo! However, for the sake of time, and since I don't know when I'll finish that, I'll just post the chord-chart now.

Lonely Avenue

Key of F (Form AABA {44 bars} with a 4 -bar intro. {A-sections are 12 bars each, B-section is 8 bars}. Both solos (vibes and gtr. are each 12 bars over an A-section. During the B-section the song changes keys to Am-Em-Am and back to F for the next A-section.)

Intro.
F6/9-Bbm6-F6/9-Gm7-C7#9-C7b9

Verse 1 (A-section)
Fmaj9-F6/9-Bbm6-Fmaj9-F6/9-Cm7-F9-Bb6-Bbm6-F6/9-Bbm7-Am7-Abm7-Db9-Gm7-C7-Abm11-Db9(or Am11-D9, forget which one)-Gm7-C7b9

Verse 2 (A-section)
Fmaj9-F6/9-Bbm6-Fmaj9-F6/9-Cm7-F9-Bb6-Bbm6-F6/9-Bbm7-Am7-Abm7-Db9-Gm7-C9-C7b9-Fmaj7-Bb-F-F7-E7

Bridge 1 (B-section)
Am-Am(maj7)-Am7-Am6-F#m-F#m(maj7)-F#m7-B7-Em-Em(maj7)-Em7-Em(maj7)-Em-B7-E7-Am-Am(maj7)-Am7-Am6-Am-Am(maj7)-Am7-Am6-G7-C13

Verse 3 (A-section)
Fmaj9-F6/9-Bbm6-Fmaj9-F6/9-Cm7-F9-Bb6-Bbm6-F6/9-Bbm7-Am7-Abm7-Db9-Gm7-C9-C7b9-Fmaj7-Bbm6-F-C7

Other notes: The gtr. solo is over the A-section changes and it's a really good one. To me, he really sounds like Les Paul on this one (I wonder if on the record he used the gretsch or that Gibson that was used on the first couple of albums, live he used his Gretsch). As for the chord changes, he plays most of the F-chords at the VIII position, and most of the other chords are played with the root note on the 6th string, except when he plays a m7 followed by a dom7 (i.e. Cm7-F7, Gm7-C7, etc.). I saw him play the song during the current Christmas tour, so I'm fairly sure about most of the chords/positions.

By the way, I really enjoyed all of the songs off the new album, but this one was my favorite, and I know not everyone enjoys the strings, but to me they really do add something on tunes like this, September Skies, and Luck Be a Lady.

Hope that helps ye out. Merry Christmas to ye.

Capt. Jones
Back to top Go down
Brett

Brett

PostSubject: Re: Lonely Avenue Chords   Lonely Avenue Chords Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 10:40 am

Davy Jones wrote:

...By the way, I really enjoyed all of the songs off the new album, but this one was my favorite, and I know not everyone enjoys the strings, but to me they really do add something on tunes like this, September Skies, and Luck Be a Lady.

Capt. Jones

Hello captain,
i`m glad to have you back on board.
That´s exactly the same what i`m thinking about the song. It´s my favorite.

Many, many thanks for your description and the work you have done again.
Fantastic work.

Guess this is my 1st christmas gift this year. Cool

Thank you and merry christmas!

Brett

Man, look at these chords:
Verse 1 (A-section)
Fmaj9-F6/9-Bbm6-Fmaj9-F6/9-Cm7-F9-Bb6-Bbm6-F6/9-Bbm7-Am7-Abm7-Db9-Gm7-C7-Abm11-Db9(or Am11-D9, forget which one)-Gm7-C7b9
Shocked

Last edited by Brett on Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Brett

Brett

PostSubject: Re: Lonely Avenue Chords   Lonely Avenue Chords Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 10:42 am

Davy Jones wrote:

Other notes: The gtr. solo is over the A-section changes and it's a really good one. To me, he really sounds like Les Paul on this one

Capt. Jones

for me it sounds like a Gibson too, but a Hollowbody.
Back to top Go down
lemoncat

lemoncat

PostSubject: Re: Lonely Avenue Chords   Lonely Avenue Chords Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 6:06 pm

Davy Jones wrote:
Brett,

I worked through the basics of that one here recently, and I hope to put up a complete and entire .pdf of the tune with vocals, both gtr. parts (acoustic/electric), maybe some of the orchestra lines, and if I decide to really go overboard, the vibraphone/xylophone solo! However, for the sake of time, and since I don't know when I'll finish that, I'll just post the chord-chart now.

Lonely Avenue

Key of F (Form AABA {44 bars} with a 4 -bar intro. {A-sections are 12 bars each, B-section is 8 bars}. Both solos (vibes and gtr. are each 12 bars over an A-section. During the B-section the song changes keys to Am-Em-Am and back to F for the next A-section.)

Intro.
F6/9-Bbm6-F6/9-Gm7-C7#9-C7b9

Verse 1 (A-section)

Verse 2 (A-section)
Fmaj9-F6/9-Bbm6-Fmaj9-F6/9-Cm7-F9-Bb6-Bbm6-F6/9-Bbm7-Am7-Abm7-Db9-Gm7-C9-C7b9-Fmaj7-Bb-F-F7-E7

Bridge 1 (B-section)
Am-Am(maj7)-Am7-Am6-F#m-F#m(maj7)-F#m7-B7-Em-Em(maj7)-Em7-Em(maj7)-Em-B7-E7-Am-Am(maj7)-Am7-Am6-Am-Am(maj7)-Am7-Am6-G7-C13

Verse 3 (A-section)
Fmaj9-F6/9-Bbm6-Fmaj9-F6/9-Cm7-F9-Bb6-Bbm6-F6/9-Bbm7-Am7-Abm7-Db9-Gm7-C9-C7b9-Fmaj7-Bbm6-F-C7

Other notes: The gtr. solo is over the A-section changes and it's a really good one. To me, he really sounds like Les Paul on this one (I wonder if on the record he used the gretsch or that Gibson that was used on the first couple of albums, live he used his Gretsch). As for the chord changes, he plays most of the F-chords at the VIII position, and most of the other chords are played with the root note on the 6th string, except when he plays a m7 followed by a dom7 (i.e. Cm7-F7, Gm7-C7, etc.). I saw him play the song during the current Christmas tour, so I'm fairly sure about most of the chords/positions.

By the way, I really enjoyed all of the songs off the new album, but this one was my favorite, and I know not everyone enjoys the strings, but to me they really do add something on tunes like this, September Skies, and Luck Be a Lady.

Capt. Jones

I was waiting for your answer.

You are nice musician Very Happy

Thank you and merry christmas. santa
Back to top Go down
Jon524

Jon524

PostSubject: Re: Lonely Avenue Chords   Lonely Avenue Chords Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 7:28 pm

Now if only he tabbed out Gimme some rhythm... my life would be complete.
Back to top Go down
msmihai

PostSubject: Re: Lonely Avenue Chords   Lonely Avenue Chords Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 4:41 am

@Davy Jones: did you complete the pdf with the chords for Lonely Avenue ?
Back to top Go down
Guitarmaniac

Guitarmaniac

PostSubject: Re: Lonely Avenue Chords   Lonely Avenue Chords Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 5:16 am

well people look what Brian himself posted over on the GDP =)
http://gretschpages.com/forum/rumbles/lonely-avenue-chart-for-rickvox/39231/page1/
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockabillyguitarmaniac
Wrock

Wrock

PostSubject: Re: Lonely Avenue Chords   Lonely Avenue Chords Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 6:08 am

@guitarmaniac: Thanks for the link! (OT: Hope the exams worked well.)

@Capt. Jones: Nice to see you´re back after awhile. We missed you and your knowledge (thanks for shaering).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lonely Avenue Chords   Lonely Avenue Chords Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lonely Avenue Chords
Page 1 of 1