Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

foolin with Tru-Arc bar bridges..very nice

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

foolin with Tru-Arc bar bridges..very nice - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: foolin with Tru-Arc bar bridges..very nice   foolin with Tru-Arc bar bridges..very nice - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 11:12 am

roland wrote:
tvthewiredturtle wrote:
I'm Incinerator wrote:
just sprung for an aluminum no-hole tru arc for my spectra sonic. I hope that it will do for my spectra sonic what my glendale set up did for my tele.

Cool!! I got a new stainless steel w/ x holes on the high side for the SSLVO! Very nice!
RJ said his true arc made his spectrasonic a whole new instrument??? wow.

first thing i noticed, when i got my david lee, the roller bar bridge was of a different radius. so i had to swap in order to get the right string hight. i ordered a true arc 120 aluminium and it just was the rightest thing to do. Bigsby stays in tune, octaves are right, sustain is very much improved. overall the TA are the right choice, if you want a rollerbarbridge in your gritsch clown

Its strange how a proper milled piece of metal can be such a perfect coupler/catalyst
between strings,flesh,magnets, and wood.
foolin with Tru-Arc bar bridges..very nice - Page 2 Truear10
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
I'm Incinerator

PostSubject: Re: foolin with Tru-Arc bar bridges..very nice   foolin with Tru-Arc bar bridges..very nice - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 1:00 pm

tvthewiredturtle wrote:
roland wrote:
tvthewiredturtle wrote:
I'm Incinerator wrote:
just sprung for an aluminum no-hole tru arc for my spectra sonic. I hope that it will do for my spectra sonic what my glendale set up did for my tele.

Cool!! I got a new stainless steel w/ x holes on the high side for the SSLVO! Very nice!
RJ said his true arc made his spectrasonic a whole new instrument??? wow.

first thing i noticed, when i got my david lee, the roller bar bridge was of a different radius. so i had to swap in order to get the right string hight. i ordered a true arc 120 aluminium and it just was the rightest thing to do. Bigsby stays in tune, octaves are right, sustain is very much improved. overall the TA are the right choice, if you want a rollerbarbridge in your gritsch clown

Its strange how a proper milled piece of metal can be such a perfect coupler/catalyst
between strings,flesh,magnets, and wood.
foolin with Tru-Arc bar bridges..very nice - Page 2 Truear10

Say, is that a RHH or a SSLVO? When did you pick it up? I'm definitely jonesin' for another Gretsch whether a RHH, Black Phoenix, 6118-120, or a Billy-Bo. It'll be a while before I can get another one. So, I'll hot-rod my Spectra Sonic until every last drop of tonal and playability juice is squeezed out and coming through (The Tru-Arc is the first step aside from the mousepad shims I did when I got the SS)! Gotta get that blonde, too!
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: foolin with Tru-Arc bar bridges..very nice   foolin with Tru-Arc bar bridges..very nice - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 1:51 pm

Its an SSLVO.. I really loved my RHH model but the headstock peg angle drove me
nutts. The RHH is more true setzer sound as Mr. Setzer likes his pre FMIC hotrods without trestles. IMO

anyway.. I got the SSLVO because a friend was in bad situation, I pulled all my money
and bought if from him for $1500. Insane deal and it made my own financial situation
worse. ah boyyy.... whadda ya do! Smile

man this guitar nice..strange how it has hardly any low end acoustically compared to my 99' SSU but more "alive" that a hotrod. that may be due to the fact that it doesnt have primer and paint on it like a hotrod, just thin nitrocellulose lacquer.

we both know I wont be able to keep it. just like I lost the spectrasonic and RHH and every other nice gretsch I've had. At least I have one and that i hope to have till
the rapture something Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
I'm Incinerator

PostSubject: Re: foolin with Tru-Arc bar bridges..very nice   foolin with Tru-Arc bar bridges..very nice - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 3:24 pm

I've only played a SSLVO (on a few occasions) and they are very nice. It's the only Trestle braced Gretsch I've played, and it did feel and play more solidly than the 6118's and 6119's that I've got my hands on before. It was pretty much upfront with the sound, alive, and couldn't get it up to "shakin'" volume levels, but I imagine it could gritsch and grind with some hot greasiness.

The shop here that handles Gretsches has had a SSLVO for what seems like for ever. I swear they were trying to blow it out one week and then a few weeks later there were more Gretsches and the SSLVO was back up to normal price with the "please ask for assistance" tag on it along with all of the other Gretsches. I need to check it out to see if they ever got a Black Phoenix or RHH in. Gretsches seem to move sloooow 'round here. The first Gretsch I fell in love with was a standard 6119 that the shop had what seemed like forever. I must have played it 3 dozen times for atleast 45 minutes at a time. Never got it, though, and I kind of regret not doing it. I think it moved after hanging on the shelf for a good 18 months, if not more.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: foolin with Tru-Arc bar bridges..very nice   foolin with Tru-Arc bar bridges..very nice - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

foolin with Tru-Arc bar bridges..very nice
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2