Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The holy grail - My Nocturne

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ChimingBell

ChimingBell

The holy grail - My Nocturne Empty
PostSubject: The holy grail - My Nocturne   The holy grail - My Nocturne Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 12:42 pm

Hi there,
As promised a little review about that wonder-machine by Tavo

First of all, a huge thank you for excellent customer support and super-fast shipping. It arrived in only 10 days from USA. Just right before Christmas.

It's really plain awesome what this little box can do for your tone. It adds plenty of thickness, balls and really tightness to your guitar sound. With the master volume on my gretsch I can now do so many things before I couldn't do without the pedal. Running the master volume of the guitar on full tilt with the bridge pickup activated it's like stomping on a extra "boost" (I know that word is EVIL hehe) which is great for soloing. Backing it up just a little bit and switching to the neck position gives you that nice, smooth jazzy tone we all know and love from the Dirty Boogie record. The middle pickup position is -thanks to the Nocturne- just pure "Fishnet Stocking" tone... I love it. The gain knob on the Brain Seltzer is also very versatile and has a direct respone how hard you dig into the strings. It has a range from early Stray Cats sounding over the Ignition tone - to "Psychobilly Freakout" guitar growl... Also, the bass roll-off is pure miracle. It cleans up your overall guitar sound - and prevents getting to dark. For shure you can turn it back on for some nice bluesy crunchy tones... Nevertheless the instruction manual was very helpful to hit the right spots and making things easy.

To make a long story short: I LOVE IT!!! It will never be turned off and all you guys have to buy one!

I'm attaching a few pics of my rig. I'm running my Gretsch HotRod loaded with TV Classics > Nocturne > Watkins CopiCat (British Tape Echo machine with a built in preamp) > Laney Lionheart 20 W All Tube Head.

Specially with the built in preamp of the CopiCat AND the Nocturne I can get into Setzer-madness already at Volume 2-3 (if I plug into the Hi-Input jack of the amp) !!!

The holy grail - My Nocturne 18350_104510899568247_100000280110619_112476_166088_n

The holy grail - My Nocturne 18350_104510896234914_100000280110619_112475_1934630_n

The holy grail - My Nocturne 18350_104510892901581_100000280110619_112474_8387620_n

The holy grail - My Nocturne 18350_104510902901580_100000280110619_112477_8060198_n
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: The holy grail - My Nocturne   The holy grail - My Nocturne Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 11:17 am

holy crap.. how did we miss this POST???!!! Freakin awesome CB.. thanks for the pictures too. It would be a privi to see a video of that copicat in action with it too!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
ChimingBell

ChimingBell

PostSubject: Re: The holy grail - My Nocturne   The holy grail - My Nocturne Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 12:08 pm

I'm working on a vid... I promise!

I'm also trying to make a picture of the ukulele I bought for my daughter. She's 3 years old and already loves guitars (but she use them as a doghouse bass Wink ). So she got that ukulele and the first thing we did was putting the Nocturne sticker on the back... Now it looks perfect. And BTW playing the ukulele is much fun!
Back to top Go down
Brett

Brett

PostSubject: Re: The holy grail - My Nocturne   The holy grail - My Nocturne Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 11:55 pm

great gear CB,

so if i understand you right you`re using the Nocturne permanent.
Not as a Booster for some special parts.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rhythm56
ChimingBell

ChimingBell

PostSubject: Re: The holy grail - My Nocturne   The holy grail - My Nocturne Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 11:48 am

No its always on... The funny thing is that I always thought that my guitar tone has a fat bottom end before I got the Nocturne. But now, its a difference like day and night. When its on its soooo much better. I'll never turn it off again - till the battery is gone Wink
Back to top Go down
booty

PostSubject: Re: The holy grail - My Nocturne   The holy grail - My Nocturne Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 12:58 am

Brett wrote:
great gear CB,

so if i understand you right you`re using the Nocturne permanent.
Not as a Booster for some special parts.

Youll find that once you put the Nocturne on, your whole sound becomes "special" and you wont be turning it off until the end of the gig.
So, no its not a pedal Booster, more like an 'Ego Booster'
Back to top Go down
http://www.vavoom.altpro.net
ruger9

ruger9

PostSubject: Re: The holy grail - My Nocturne   The holy grail - My Nocturne Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 5:52 am

Definitely Nocturne = ALWAYS ON.

And then, for more '68 CBS tone, TURN IT UP! Voila!

For Gretsch players, the Noc really is a must-have item. Gretsch should buy the design from Tavo & pay him a licensing fee, and sell it under the Gretsch name. Tavo has really "stumbled" (not really... tons of research) onto something here.

Has anybodt gotten one to Brian yet I wonder?
Back to top Go down
Brett

Brett

PostSubject: Re: The holy grail - My Nocturne   The holy grail - My Nocturne Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 9:21 am

Thx, tomorrow i gonna pick up my Nocturne (at the local customs office)

bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rhythm56
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The holy grail - My Nocturne   The holy grail - My Nocturne Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The holy grail - My Nocturne
Page 1 of 1