Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Brians Guitar Effects Pedals?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
krabasti

krabasti

Brians Guitar Effects Pedals? Empty
PostSubject: Brians Guitar Effects Pedals?   Brians Guitar Effects Pedals? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 3:07 am

Hey guys,
does someone know which effect pedals brian today still plays and which it times played? perhaps also does someone have pictures?
Back to top Go down
HotrodTodd

HotrodTodd

PostSubject: Re: Brians Guitar Effects Pedals?   Brians Guitar Effects Pedals? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 7:51 am

Last I knew It was the 301 right into the Bassmans....The old Video lesson shows him using two ts-9's (ala Srv) and even a wah and a chorus if I remember correctly.
Back to top Go down
Brett

Brett

PostSubject: Re: Brians Guitar Effects Pedals?   Brians Guitar Effects Pedals? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 9:51 am

yep, he used a tubescreamer,
but in these days he`s using a long cable and that´s it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rhythm56
HotrodTodd

HotrodTodd

PostSubject: Re: Brians Guitar Effects Pedals?   Brians Guitar Effects Pedals? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 10:06 am

Isnt it amazing??? All these guys spend so much money to get the Tone and Brian uses the natural Impedance of a Long Chord to get the sound hes looking for.... The one Draw back is when you see him live he can never get too far from his amp. Saw the stray cats show at Jones beach a few years back...we were all the way down in front stage left and He NEVER came that far to play.....
Back to top Go down
Brett

Brett

PostSubject: Re: Brians Guitar Effects Pedals?   Brians Guitar Effects Pedals? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 10:17 am

Hi Todd, yes it`s amazing and absolut briliant.

But what do you mean with not to far? Not to far away of his amp? (I`m from europe and not native english)

hm Suspect...maybe , maybe not
imho a very big reason for his sound is the loud bassman and the 301.

@TV, maybe you could give us the right answer or an idea.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rhythm56
HotrodTodd

HotrodTodd

PostSubject: Re: Brians Guitar Effects Pedals?   Brians Guitar Effects Pedals? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 10:20 am

Yes I meant he could only be 60 feet from his amp at the most....the stage at Jones Beach is huge . Hers a video of the show....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62ihaIOZQcU
Back to top Go down
krabasti

krabasti

PostSubject: Re: Brians Guitar Effects Pedals?   Brians Guitar Effects Pedals? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 10:24 am

not badly. Wink what does it play for cables, which diameters? I read it used switchcraft plugs. know you which?
Back to top Go down
HotrodTodd

HotrodTodd

PostSubject: Re: Brians Guitar Effects Pedals?   Brians Guitar Effects Pedals? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 10:36 am

60 feet is 18.288 meters. Im not sure which brand he uses. Whatever hes using works well for him thats for sure.
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Brians Guitar Effects Pedals?   Brians Guitar Effects Pedals? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 12:34 pm

Brian likes to play with effects on his recordings.. ratt pedals, tubescreamers, chorus, trem, univibe,wah..

but live its the mismatched impedance of 50ft+ cabless into that specific re301 preamp.
during the Rich modica days he was making brian cables from Canare cabling with those pro co silent switching couplers...

Gotta remember that in the normal channel of a blonde bassman, the gain of the channel
opens up like a vintage marshall to a degree when the treble knob is turned past 5 oclock.
It has a unique rare tone pot 350K that has a 70K tap.
Then when the presence is opened up the feedback circuit in the pwr section changes as well. Also Brian keeps the bass knob way down which lets the tone stack emphasize the mids instead of the massive bass that exists in the amp...
Put a highly colored preamp in front of that wild machine and you have a sound that
Brian Setzer inadvertently made "his sound".. The long cables keeps the tone sweet
and under control.. plug a 10ft cable into that set up and you will go deaf real quick.

I wish somebody would come up with a version of that preamp that didnt have to be so
loud. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
I'm Incinerator

PostSubject: Re: Brians Guitar Effects Pedals?   Brians Guitar Effects Pedals? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 1:09 pm

tvthewiredturtle wrote:

I wish somebody would come up with a version of that preamp that didnt have to be so
loud. Twisted Evil

Is that a request or insight into the future?

I wonder if Billy Zoom could cook something up like that?

Oh, what does a hotplate do? Does it kill the dynamics? I've heard that a favored guitarist of mine used a hotplate and a 6G6-B and it sounded pretty sweet, but that was through TV speakers...not real life...
Back to top Go down
HotrodTodd

HotrodTodd

PostSubject: Re: Brians Guitar Effects Pedals?   Brians Guitar Effects Pedals? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 1:41 pm

Tv, I really love the Pheonix...I gotta get one.
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Brians Guitar Effects Pedals?   Brians Guitar Effects Pedals? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 1:46 pm

I'm Incinerator wrote:
tvthewiredturtle wrote:

loud. Twisted Evil

Oh, what does a hotplate do? Does it kill the dynamics? I've heard that a favored guitarist of mine used a hotplate and a 6G6-B and it sounded pretty sweet, but that was through TV speakers...not real life...

Mr. Nocturne owner #58 in Tangelo Orange!! c'mon now brother! Smile

Its called the Nocturne Brain Seltzer and lets you have Setzer stage sound at a
practice room volume. You should plug yours in.. Smile

Use input #2 of your Club Royale.. open the master all the way up and set the gain
just enough that you hear the power tubes punch. Set your bass back to no more than
10 oclock on that combo. Mids at 10clock, treble at 11 oclock and cut set no more than
1 clock.. I'd probably not use the fat switch.. I think bright switch on with treble knob turns off with Cut open is what I'd try. The Nocturne is gonna want to clobber that
amps small transformer... Hot dang..cant wait to hear your report.

remember... Its been done AND patented bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
I'm Incinerator

PostSubject: Re: Brians Guitar Effects Pedals?   Brians Guitar Effects Pedals? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 2:51 pm

tvthewiredturtle wrote:
I'm Incinerator wrote:
tvthewiredturtle wrote:

loud. Twisted Evil

Mr. Nocturne owner #58 in Tangelo Orange!! c'mon now brother! Smile

Its called the Nocturne Brain Seltzer and lets you have Setzer stage sound at a
practice room volume. You should plug yours in.. Smile

Use input #2 of your Club Royale.. open the master all the way up and set the gain
just enough that you hear the power tubes punch. Set your bass back to no more than
10 oclock on that combo. Mids at 10clock, treble at 11 oclock and cut set no more than
1 clock.. I'd probably not use the fat switch.. I think bright switch on with treble knob turns off with Cut open is what I'd try. The Nocturne is gonna want to clobber that
amps small transformer... Hot dang..cant wait to hear your report.

remember... Its been done AND patented bounce bounce

#57 afro 99.9% sure, as I took a moment to gander at the Nocturne last night.

Well, why have a hotplate/attenuator then? king I'm usually used to having to have anything running into a cranked amp for it to have the desired outcome.

I will have to sneak in a chance soon. I will try a 9 volt battery if I have to....I know a dedicated outboard power source is reccomended. Just need to fire up the club and go for it!

done and patented? flower
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brians Guitar Effects Pedals?   Brians Guitar Effects Pedals? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brians Guitar Effects Pedals?
Page 1 of 1