Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?!

Go down 
+26
pony65k
Fabdad
gretschoholic
Brent
I'm Incinerator
tvthewiredturtle
Kid Setzer
badkitty
t.man
Pistol Pete
johnnykool327
lonesomecat
Hot Rod Girl
Spanishdavid
brucie68
peeteycat
Aussie_Sam
webelvis
Madman
sidelake bob
Budgie
Twenty Flight Rick
donpepe
scatcatcnut
Guitarmaniac
Tommy Maguire
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Fabdad

Fabdad

Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?!   Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 7:14 pm

Hey Tommy...glad to have you back posting. I long for the days where it felt we all had a personal connection to our guitar hero.

Hope you are doing well.

BTW - thanks to your mention, I picked up the Dibbs Preston disc...good stuff!
Back to top Go down
pony65k

pony65k

PostSubject: Re: Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?!   Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 7:22 pm

Geez, disappear for a little while and Tommy shows up!!!! Got to careful T, Everytime I disappear, you show up. It's like the Clark and Superman thang. I won't go into the how's things since it's already been mentioned, but I will put my hand up for Bacon and Beer.

Take care T dude, good to see you're still treading the boards,

René
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/pony65k

PostSubject: Re: Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?!   Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 1:53 am

Tommy,
thanks for the explanation, I wasn't really sure about the full story, I just knew he run that website and it was pretty cool. The stuff was good thanks to your contribution and I felt that once everything got involved with the official management, the magic of having a website, is somehow lost.

BTW Tommy, and sorry to ask... have you finally wrote that book or it was just a rumour??
Back to top Go down
Tommy Maguire

Tommy Maguire

PostSubject: Re: Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?!   Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 2:29 am

Hey Jon,
I respect your opinion, but I don't think any magic was lost when we started the official site. I'll always believe that it was the best artist-sanctioned website on the internet. The reason for that (in addition to the work I put into it) was that Brian gave me 100% access to everything. It was an amazing working relationship we had. Those were some wildly productive years for all of us.

In regard to a book, I'll be honest with you......I have thought very seriously about writing a book about my experiences with the people involved in the modern rockabilly scene. Every e-mail and correspondence I ever received throughout those years was saved. And in addition to my photographs, I kept journals that chronicled my involvement from 1997 or so until September 2008. I actually was moving forward with the book when I mentioned it to my old friend Wee Mark sometime last year. I stopped working on it because as I got into it, I lost interest. So, to answer your question, it may happen, but it's not on my desk at the moment.

René!! How are ya?! Great "seeing" you, pal!

Hey Fabdad! Thanks for checking in! Glad you picked up the Preston CD. He is a hell of a singer.
Back to top Go down
Twenty Flight Rick

Twenty Flight Rick

PostSubject: Re: Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?!   Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 7:08 am

It was indeed the best fan site I've seen.
Back to top Go down
pony65k

pony65k

PostSubject: Re: Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?!   Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 12:50 pm

Tommy Maguire wrote:

René!! How are ya?! Great "seeing" you, pal!

Doing great as always Tommy Very Happy I hope life's treating you well and that you're getting all the right breaks.

Take care mate.

Hopefully we'll see you Down Under one day. I'll even get Pete to cook you up one of his special BBQ's.
Back to top Go down
rockabilly guy

rockabilly guy

PostSubject: Re: Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?!   Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 1:30 pm

Hey Tommy,
good to see you posting again!
I said it at the time and maintain it now, along with everyone else I guess, that Brian made a major error in dispensing with your services.The website is shite now,holds no interest which in this day and age is piss poor especially for someone who relies on a loyal fanbase rather than any current trend.
As for the book,do it man,just don't make it a hatchett job!!

Good health
Steve
Back to top Go down
Tommy Maguire

Tommy Maguire

PostSubject: Re: Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?!   Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 2:20 pm

Thanks Steve, my departure from BS.com still bums me out, to be honest. I loved every second that I did that job. (and 24/7 for almost a decade is A LOT of seconds!! lol) In any case, with or without a website like the original BS.com, Brian has continued to sell loads of records (and MP3s I imagine), get nominated for Grammys and all his shows still sell-out. So, what difference did I make? At the end of the day, none. I mean, WE all loved the site, but the bottom line was that it meant nothing to his success. It was probably looked at like a waste of money by his accountants. Having said that.....it was a freakin' blast being his on-line representative. However, we've all moved on now, right?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?!   Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 2:31 pm

Thanks for the acclaration, Tommy
Back to top Go down
Tommy Maguire

Tommy Maguire

PostSubject: Re: Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?!   Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 2:36 pm

You're welcome, Jon.
Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?!   Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 3:10 pm

pony65k wrote:
Hopefully we'll see you Down Under one day. I'll even get Pete to cook you up one of his special BBQ's.

Pony, I've been trying to get Tommy Down Under for years.. I think he's just worried he might get sunburnt... or eaten by a shark... or bitten by a snake... or sprayed in the face by a cane toad... or attacked by a spider... or... actually, stay in America, it's much safer there. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kidsetzer
Fabdad

Fabdad

PostSubject: Re: Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?!   Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 3:55 pm

Quote :
Thanks Steve, my departure from BS.com still bums me out, to be honest. I loved every second that I did that job. (and 24/7 for almost a decade is A LOT of seconds!! lol) In any case, with or without a website like the original BS.com, Brian has continued to sell loads of records (and MP3s I imagine), get nominated for Grammys and all his shows still sell-out. So, what difference did I make? At the end of the day, none. I mean, WE all loved the site, but the bottom line was that it meant nothing to his success. It was probably looked at like a waste of money by his accountants. Having said that.....it was a freakin' blast being his on-line representative. However, we've all moved on now, right?

Don't sell yourself short. I think your efforts brought the casual fan closer, thus making them a "super fan" for lack of a better term. The constant updates, the photos from the road, Brian's guitars, etc. made for a fan experience. Before the web and before digital downloads, artists sold tons of records via other means of marketing. With the state of radio changing it is harder to connect and follow and artist. The BS.com site gave us fans almost instant access to the man and made it more personal. You did a great job connecting to Brian's core fans between tours and recordings.

A few of us paid a good deal of money to spend 10-15 minutes with Brian on the last tour...and you were able to spend years with him. I can't speak for others...but I am a little jealous of that fact!

Regarding the book, I would like to encourage you to think about revisiting that task. There are some decent books out there on the rockabilly genre, but many are from 3rd party sources. It would be great to get a "peek behind the curtain". Geez, and I am sure that you have more than enough material to do one on Setzer and the Cats! Much in the line of the Blue Moon Boys book.
Back to top Go down
Budgie

Budgie

PostSubject: Re: Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?!   Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 4:43 pm

Tommy Maguire wrote:
However, we've all moved on now, right?

No me. I'm still bitter!!!

But then... I'm still bitter that the Mets traded Seaver back in '77!!

M. Donald Budge
Back to top Go down
pony65k

pony65k

PostSubject: Re: Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?!   Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 6:45 pm

Kid Setzer wrote:
pony65k wrote:

Pony, I've been trying to get Tommy Down Under for years.. I think he's just worried he might get sunburnt... or eaten by a shark... or bitten by a snake... or sprayed in the face by a cane toad... or attacked by a spider... or... actually, stay in America, it's much safer there. Razz

I'm telling ya, American's are soft!!!! They can't even play football without padding Razz
Back to top Go down
bkoko

PostSubject: Check this out!   Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 6:01 pm

Briansetzer.net from 10 years ago:

http://web.archive.org/web/20000304153240/www.briansetzer.net/news_links.html

Wow! I remember reading that back in the day.

Thanks for all the effort over the years Tommy! And it was not for nothing!

Bob
Back to top Go down
webelvis

webelvis

PostSubject: Re: Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?!   Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 7:30 am

bkoko wrote:
Briansetzer.net from 10 years ago:

http://web.archive.org/web/20000304153240/www.briansetzer.net/news_links.html

Wow! I remember reading that back in the day.

Thanks for all the effort over the years Tommy! And it was not for nothing!

Bob

Thanks man, that was cool!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockabillyswingjazz
wee mark

wee mark

PostSubject: Re: Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?!   Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 5:34 pm

Hey nice to hear from you Tommy. First visit here,since you extracted the micheal, over your book.
Hurt alot!

Any way, as time role's away. Everyone knows that BS.COM, is *hite without you.
Great to hear some of your storys.

Brian's new cd, is great. Pity the vinyl version is poor. Crackles and pops,on every track! A bit like my self.

If ya come across, any photo's ya took of Brian with me, I'd love a copy.

Enjoy 2010, and take care BUD!

Thank *uck, mondays round the corner, Been sign off my work again. Hate hospitals.

The WEE man.
Back to top Go down
AmERICano

PostSubject: book   Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 7:26 am

Come on Tommy! You can write that book. Use all of the time that you used working on the website to do the book.
You can do your outline while you are snowed in...........grow a Rick Rubin beard and become a hermit like all great authors do!!!
If they will publish a work by Billy Poore.................ha ha ha.

Love ya man........and now back to the real world!

Eric
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?!   Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 3:13 am

Tommy lives up in a mountain
Like a hermit in a cave
He never had a haircut
He never took a shave!

The Tommy's Tommy's, Tommy's book...
The Tommy's Tommy's, Tommy's book...
Tommy's book comes to store for Christmas this year....

lol!

(* note: this is a no offense reply, but the beard and the snow that AmERICano mentioned reminded me of this song)
Back to top Go down
wee mark

wee mark

PostSubject: Re: Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?!   Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 5:17 am

Nice one Jon................take the lead.
I'm off to the Isle of Skye, for the weekend. better than a hospital!

I'm sure there would be some real funny stories to tell, (in the book)

Wee Mark.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?!   Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 12:27 am

Oh Mark, you're going to a nice place.
I was there last summer and it's great though a bit quiet. It was nice to see that castle in ruins too.
Back to top Go down
Tommy Maguire

Tommy Maguire

PostSubject: Re: Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?!   Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 7:28 am

Hey Wee Wee Man!
What does "Hey nice to hear from you Tommy. First visit here,since you extracted the micheal, over your book. Hurt alot!" mean?" Confused me with that one, laddie. Hope all is well with you and your Hi-Fi room! Turn it up!! Best to you, Brother Mark.

Hey Eric....hahahahaa!! Billy Poorer! Remember that idiot? Great memory, old friend!

Snowed in, but not out,
Tommy
Back to top Go down
wee mark

wee mark

PostSubject: Re: Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?!   Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 3:16 pm

Hey Tommy.
So who was this bloke Elmar Fudd?

To be honest, i got the feeling,of being at the end of a huge piss take!

You said, about "what good you did at BS.com"
Well you gave as the fans, a daily update + loads of wit!
And I, still havent bought you a BEER!

Oh HI-FI room is good! Got other speaker's.......... faster,tighter and more grip,on the music thats being played.

Was at a record fair in Dundee. Got a poster, for the Cats gig, in Glasgow, cool! Plus a copy of Built for speed, from Canada.

Oh, and Skye was wet, and the hotel did'nt have the local beer on sale. But their is a shit load of house's for sale!

Snow fair......................The WEE man.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?!   Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 3:48 pm

As long as any pub in the island can provide you a nice pint of Carling or Tennent's, everything will be fine! BTW, did you visit the Talisker's factory there??
Back to top Go down
Tommy Maguire

Tommy Maguire

PostSubject: Re: Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?!   Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 1:56 am

Hey Wee!

Hahahaha!! Ahhhhh "Elmar".....well we both know who THAT was, don't we??

Enjoy the music and the cocktails!

Peace,
TM
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?!   Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?! - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hey hey hey!! How are my old pals in Setzerville?!
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next