Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

suggest material for the possible new album

Go down 
+8
lonesomecat
Le Hub'
gretschoholic
Spanishdavid
donpepe
Jess
Lord Vincent Blackshadow
matt
12 posters
AuthorMessage
matt

matt

suggest material for the possible new album Empty
PostSubject: suggest material for the possible new album   suggest material for the possible new album Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 2:02 pm

hey guys if the cats are gonna record a new album I would like to
hear what you cats would like on that album mmmm!! would it be
a mixture of covers and new songs or all new songs or all covers I suggest a mixture
of covers and maybe 1 or 2 new and one song in particular I would love to
hear the cats do they're version of is move It by cliff and the shadows
what do you guys suggest what songs would yous like coverd ????

heres a wee taste of move it for those who have not heard it

Back to top Go down
Lord Vincent Blackshadow

Lord Vincent Blackshadow

PostSubject: Covers for a new Cats record   suggest material for the possible new album Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 5:07 am

I still miss someone.......Johnny Cash
Got love if you want it.....Warren Smith
Dont look now...........Creedance Clearwater Revival
Ting aling ............Buddy Holly
Blues stay away from me....Johnny Burnette trio(Brian and Lee vocal duet)
Beautiful Brown eyes........Gene Vincent
Matchbox........Carl perkins
Memphis Tennesee......Chuck Berry
I'm coming home.......Johnny Horton
Spoonful.........Howlin' Wolf (Lee on Lead vocals)
I'm goin' down.......Bruce Springsteen
Strollin Guitar........Eddie Cochran
A fool such as I ........Elvis
I'm looking through you.......Beatles
Back to top Go down
Jess

Jess

PostSubject: Re: suggest material for the possible new album   suggest material for the possible new album Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 5:14 am

Would be nice, but I don't think it will happend.
They could have done it in 2004, but it would be change if they do it after a "bye bye that's all folks" tour.....
But I would love to have one last rockin' album
Back to top Go down
http://www.taggytones.dk
donpepe

PostSubject: Re: suggest material for the possible new album   suggest material for the possible new album Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 5:58 am

All new Stray Cats originals of course.
Back to top Go down
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

PostSubject: Re: suggest material for the possible new album   suggest material for the possible new album Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 7:23 am

Sure.... a new cd when they are (where) having a Farewell Tour.
Back to top Go down
gretschoholic

gretschoholic

PostSubject: Re: suggest material for the possible new album   suggest material for the possible new album Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 7:55 am

I can't see why a new album is out of the question...? Well, maybe I'm just trying to comfort myself, but it's not a "THAT'S IT, WE'RE THROWING AWAY OUR INSTRUMENTS"-tour. It's just the traveling to Europe-part that's over. They're not teenagers anymore (no, I'm NOT gonna say they're old Very Happy ), and we all probably understand it if we read this quote from Lee's tour blog:

On Thursday, August 21, we all got on a plane and flew from Madrid to Rome and the on to Ancona, Italy. For some reason it took about 11 hours to do this. It took less time to go from Los Angeles to London!

Anyway, IF a new album should happen, I don't want it to be filled with cover tunes. Sure, a few would be OK, but it would be way cooler with just brand new Stray Cats originals, wouldn't it? king

Anders
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/builtforspeedband
Le Hub'

Le Hub'

PostSubject: Re: suggest material for the possible new album   suggest material for the possible new album Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 8:25 am

Why not thinking about a "double farewell album" ?
I mean something like this :
- 1st cd with only originals Stray Cats tracks
- 2nd cd with only unreleased covers
Back to top Go down
lonesomecat

lonesomecat

PostSubject: Re: suggest material for the possible new album   suggest material for the possible new album Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 10:13 am

what about this one ?

stray cats farewell-rockabilly-riot-vol. 2

unreleased tracks and specials....
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lonesomecatz
Pinkpiratekitty

Pinkpiratekitty

PostSubject: Re: suggest material for the possible new album   suggest material for the possible new album Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 12:32 pm

I love the Riot album and listen to it all the time. I would like to have some duets with Julie of some Johhny/June tunes - espcially Times a Wastin, and Jackson (yes I've watched Walk the Line wayyy to many times). Some original tunes would be nice also. Rockin' mama would be good too-actually almost anything on the album "The Last Great Rockabilly Saturday Night" album.

PPK
Back to top Go down
Davy Jones

Davy Jones

PostSubject: Re: suggest material for the possible new album   suggest material for the possible new album Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 12:42 pm

I'd like to hear them rearrange the Rolling Stones' Stray Cat Blues into a jazz-blues or Rockabilly styling. Other than that, I'd vote for originals and/or some rarities over a majority of covers.
Back to top Go down
sidelake bob

sidelake bob

PostSubject: Re: suggest material for the possible new album   suggest material for the possible new album Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 1:34 pm

Why not a live DVD in Australia? Just do it!
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: suggest material for the possible new album   suggest material for the possible new album Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 2:22 pm

donpepe wrote:
All new Stray Cats originals of course.

...Something that's never happened, by the way. They've always had several covers or songs from other songwriters heavily populating their albums.

I would be surprised if they recorded a new album. However, it is something to consider. If everyone who attended the Euro tour, the upcoming Aussie tours, and (hopefully) the US and Japan tours, bought an album, that'd be well over 50,000 albums sold - a HUGE number in the rockabilly genre. And it's hard to guess how well it would sell based on Rumble In Brixton, Choo Choo Hot Fish, or Original Cool figures. Those had a limited release or a small label distributing.

In 2004, Brixton had little or no fanfare upon it's release, no upcoming tours, it was a live album, and sales were split between the CD and DVD. Digital forums like iTunes existed, but in 2008, they are exponentially more popular than in 2004. I think the time is right for a comeback album (after Jim's recovery, of course) but a Stray Cats studio collaboration will have to intrigue Brian, Lee, and Jim much more than their respective solo projects. If they weren't completely enthusiastic about it, I'd rather they move on to whatever makes them happy.

7 Nights to Rock should definitely be recorded.

LeeJimBriTunes-a-billy
Back to top Go down
Le Hub'

Le Hub'

PostSubject: Re: suggest material for the possible new album   suggest material for the possible new album Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 9:10 pm

Hi Rick, excuse me (and correct me if I'm wrong) but, for what I remember, there was no covers in the 10 songs of 3rd album Rant N' Rave (2 covers for B-side singles ok)
...And just one on Blast Off ! or Let's Go Faster.
This said, 7 Nights To Rock should be recorded (in Nantes, it was splendid !)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: suggest material for the possible new album   suggest material for the possible new album Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

suggest material for the possible new album
Page 1 of 1