Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nocturne with Blond Bassman video demo

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
jonhope

jonhope

Nocturne with Blond Bassman video demo Empty
PostSubject: Nocturne with Blond Bassman video demo   Nocturne with Blond Bassman video demo Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 6:53 am

I know Tavo likes to see videos of the Nocturne through a 6G6-B so here is my quick demo

Enjoy

cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/afterburnerslive
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Nocturne with Blond Bassman video demo   Nocturne with Blond Bassman video demo Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 1:29 pm

mucho bueno!! dig that sustain at the end! Hey whats that cab all about.. open back?, wood? Speakers? inquiring minds wanna know.. plus the story of that blonde next to
it.. do tell Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
jonhope

jonhope

PostSubject: Re: Nocturne with Blond Bassman video demo   Nocturne with Blond Bassman video demo Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 1:55 pm

tvthewiredturtle wrote:
mucho bueno!! dig that sustain at the end! Hey whats that cab all about.. open back?, wood? Speakers? inquiring minds wanna know.. plus the story of that blonde next to
it.. do tell Laughing

Hey Tavo - thanks man Very Happy

The cabinet? - it's a 2 x 12 closed back (actually convertible to make it semi-open) with a detuned ported baffle - its got no tolex covering - just the wonderfully old-school look (and smell!) of solid poplar Cool - Here is the manufacturers page on the cab

Speakers are a pair of ceramic Webers - 1 x Blue Dog and 1 x Silver Bell (they are still not fully broken in - I haven't got more than 10 hours play through this cab yet!)

The other blond? - thats a custom piggy back made for me - it's a '67 Vibro Champ converted into a blond head with a matching 2 x 10 closed back blond tolex cab with a Weber Blue Pup and a Silver Ten speaker (this one gets a lot of use so the speakers are fully broken in Cool )

cheers
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Nocturne with Blond Bassman video demo   Nocturne with Blond Bassman video demo Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 2:05 pm

jonhope wrote:
tvthewiredturtle wrote:
it.. do tell Laughing

Hey Tavo - thanks man Very Happy

The cabinet? - it's a 2 x 12 closed back (actually convertible to make it semi-open) with a detuned ported baffle - its got no tolex covering - just the wonderfully old-school look (and smell!) of solid poplar Cool - Here is the manufacturers page on the cab

Speakers are a pair of ceramic Webers - 1 x Blue Dog and 1 x Silver Bell (they are still not fully broken in - I haven't got more than 10 hours play through this cab yet!)

The other blond? - thats a custom piggy back made for me - it's a '67 Vibro Champ converted into a blond head with a matching 2 x 10 closed back blond tolex cab with a Weber Blue Pup and a Silver Ten speaker (this one gets a lot of use so the speakers are fully broken in Cool )

cheers

I've had both blue dogs and silver bells.. very nice and bluesy... BUT I'd be afraid of the nocturne jackn em up since the dog is doped so lightly. V30 almost have road tar for doping and can pump the low end.
As long as you keep the cab closed and the nocturnes bass cut fully employed it should help you break them in nicely!
Back to top Go down
jonhope

jonhope

PostSubject: Re: Nocturne with Blond Bassman video demo   Nocturne with Blond Bassman video demo Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 2:31 pm

Yep - they are definitely happier with the bass cut fully employed. They do still kick out a really big low end though Shocked

cheers
Back to top Go down
jonhope

jonhope

PostSubject: Re: Nocturne with Blond Bassman video demo   Nocturne with Blond Bassman video demo Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 3:25 pm

tvthewiredturtle wrote:

I've had both blue dogs and silver bells.. very nice and bluesy... BUT I'd be afraid of the nocturne jackn em up since the dog is doped so lightly. V30 almost have road tar for doping and can pump the low end.

Hey Tavo,

Getting off topic here somewhat but I have just remembered i have an Eminence Governor 8ohm knocking around un-used - I can pick up a new one dirt cheap (a place I know is have a half price sale on them at the moment) - so would a pair of Governors be an improvement over the Webers? - they are supposed to be similar to the V30's - what do you think?

cheers
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Nocturne with Blond Bassman video demo   Nocturne with Blond Bassman video demo Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 3:46 pm

jonhope wrote:
tvthewiredturtle wrote:

Hey Tavo,

Getting off topic here somewhat but I have just remembered i have an Eminence Governor 8ohm knocking around un-used - I can pick up a new one dirt cheap (a place I know is have a half price sale on them at the moment) - so would a pair of Governors be an improvement over the Webers? - they are supposed to be similar to the V30's - what do you think?

cheers
You know I use to think just having the large magnet was enough but the design of the V30s spider and ribbed cone with heavy doping is what keeps its lows very tight.. the downside is the upper mids hump previ when using other amps.
I just pulled the celestion G1230H I had in the black cab because the cone breaks up so early. BADASS when overdriving the amp with a crunch pedal but its more for smaller amps (killer in a vox).

Cant answer you on the eminence as I have only used the standard Legends and Red Fangs.. IF the Govenors are like greenbacks they will sound very much like theblue dogs.. Jensen Jets are suppose to give the V30s a good go.
I'm pretty much a fan of only Celestions in Fender amps other than the small guys.
I've got jensen P8 alnicos here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nocturne with Blond Bassman video demo   Nocturne with Blond Bassman video demo Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nocturne with Blond Bassman video demo
Page 1 of 1