Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

yet another video but address Volume control w/ nocturne

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

yet another video but address Volume control w/ nocturne Empty
PostSubject: yet another video but address Volume control w/ nocturne   yet another video but address Volume control w/ nocturne Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 1:41 am

This is one more new VIDEO w/ the Gorilla this time.. on the remaining 10 tribute 6118 color "saint annie" green Nocturne pedals. This video begins long winded
about the gear being used but at least it demonstrates
how you can have a usable attenuation of volume by the use of a volume kit/treble bleed (my SSU has its tone control bypassed also with a pushpull 500k pot).
Scroll past the usual babble and take a listen..

($20 off St. annies TODAY)
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
roland

roland

PostSubject: Re: yet another video but address Volume control w/ nocturne   yet another video but address Volume control w/ nocturne Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 10:18 am

tvthewiredturtle wrote:
This is one more new VIDEO w/ the Gorilla this time.. on the remaining 10 tribute 6118 color "saint annie" green Nocturne pedals. This video begins long winded
about the gear being used but at least it demonstrates
how you can have a usable attenuation of volume by the use of a volume kit/treble bleed (my SSU has its tone control bypassed also with a pushpull 500k pot).
Scroll past the usual babble and take a listen..

($20 off St. annies TODAY)

That treble bleed works very good! Does it work directly on the Volume pot? Is it complicated to mount? Have to try it out, and oh man, i need a grannie Brain!!!! Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://www.rolandnovak.com, www.desperatecowboys.com
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: yet another video but address Volume control w/ nocturne   yet another video but address Volume control w/ nocturne Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 10:45 am

roland wrote:

That treble bleed works very good! Does it work directly on the Volume pot? Is it complicated to mount? Have to try it out, and oh man, i need a grannie Brain!!!! Shocked

its a resistor and capacitor soldered across the left and center lug of the volume pot, so as you turn down your volume, the low frequencies go to ground and the treble still bleeds through. One important note is that I also have a pushpull pot for my tone, basically a 500K pot with a ,02 cap on it..but when its in the pushed in state, the tone ciruit is gone/out of the entire circuit. When I click the pot on, then I have a full functioning tone control (which I hardly ever use unless I'm employing fuzz or distortion)

In this pix you can see what's involve on the volume kit, but understand mine is
just ridiculous. I found a vintage NOS carbon comp reisistor and then matched it
with a 400V orange cap...overkill supreme.
yet another video but address Volume control w/ nocturne L_efc611645905430086e4a86a97e3cc1e
Back to top Go down
I'm Incinerator

PostSubject: Re: yet another video but address Volume control w/ nocturne   yet another video but address Volume control w/ nocturne Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 1:15 pm

I need to hook up my spectra sonic with this mod, and maybe a different tone cap. I might as well get a switch and jack too to complete the new Harness!~ Smile
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: yet another video but address Volume control w/ nocturne   yet another video but address Volume control w/ nocturne Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 1:26 pm

I'm Incinerator wrote:
I need to hook up my spectra sonic with this mod, and maybe a different tone cap. I might as well get a switch and jack too to complete the new Harness!~ Smile

you'll need to get a push-pull pot so the tone is bypassed but the tone cap when swapped to an .02mf Orange cap is a nice slight improvement in zazz.
Back to top Go down
I'm Incinerator

PostSubject: Re: yet another video but address Volume control w/ nocturne   yet another video but address Volume control w/ nocturne Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 3:19 pm

tvthewiredturtle wrote:
I'm Incinerator wrote:

you'll need to get a push-pull pot so the tone is bypassed but the tone cap when swapped to an .02mf Orange cap is a nice slight improvement in zazz.

awesome! I didn't even think of bypassing the tone control for a hot rod Spectra Sonic effect!

Now I just need to get all the components and a soldering gun/wand/pen(cil).
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: yet another video but address Volume control w/ nocturne   yet another video but address Volume control w/ nocturne Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 3:23 pm

I'm Incinerator wrote:
tvthewiredturtle wrote:
I'm Incinerator wrote:

awesome! I didn't even think of bypassing the tone control for a hot rod Spectra Sonic effect!

Now I just need to get all the components and a soldering gun/wand/pen(cil).

do it!
Back to top Go down
I'm Incinerator

PostSubject: Re: yet another video but address Volume control w/ nocturne   yet another video but address Volume control w/ nocturne Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 5:51 am

Where is a good source for the parts? Caps, Resistor, Pots, jack, switch, wiring? I would guess that the good ol 'shack would have the soldering iron and solder?

Wish there was a "drop in" harness.
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: yet another video but address Volume control w/ nocturne   yet another video but address Volume control w/ nocturne Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 9:49 am

I'm Incinerator wrote:
Where is a good source for the parts? Caps, Resistor, Pots, jack, switch, wiring? I would guess that the good ol 'shack would have the soldering iron and solder?

Wish there was a "drop in" harness.

http://www.tubesandmore.com, www.allparts.com, www.mojotone.com,
Back to top Go down
I'm Incinerator

PostSubject: Re: yet another video but address Volume control w/ nocturne   yet another video but address Volume control w/ nocturne Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 12:49 pm

thanks a million! I was tempted to go through TV Jones...and maybe look into a powertron plus for my bridge for a psuedo Billy-Bo set up.

speaking of modding and hot-rodding, are locking sperzals a drop in replacement for non-locking sperzals?
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: yet another video but address Volume control w/ nocturne   yet another video but address Volume control w/ nocturne Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 1:15 pm

I'm Incinerator wrote:
thanks a million! I was tempted to go through TV Jones...and maybe look into a powertron plus for my bridge for a psuedo Billy-Bo set up.

speaking of modding and hot-rodding, are locking sperzals a drop in replacement for non-locking sperzals?

yes the standard locking drop in, pin and all.

with solder..I know its "safer" but dont get the lead free solder, its a pain in the ass
and will kill your sinuses.. not like Lead-tin isnt unsafe but you want a good quality
solder and at least a 35watt solder pencil if you plan to do any pot ground soldering.

anyone need a proper soldering tutorial.. I've become the king after soldering daily
for over a yr Suspect Suspect Suspect Suspect
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: yet another video but address Volume control w/ nocturne   yet another video but address Volume control w/ nocturne Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

yet another video but address Volume control w/ nocturne
Page 1 of 1