Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mobile Phones at Gigs - Good or Bad?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
crazy mixed up kid

crazy mixed up kid

Mobile Phones at Gigs - Good or Bad? Empty
PostSubject: Mobile Phones at Gigs - Good or Bad?   Mobile Phones at Gigs - Good or Bad? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 2:32 pm

Whats your thoughts on this?

I'm the first to moan at gigs when all I can see in front of me are peoples arms in the air with their moblie phones recording or taking photos & then texting them on to their friends, why dont people just enjoy the moment for what it is?

However

Get me back to the comfort of my own home and I'm the first to watch some third rate recording made on someones mobile phone of a live show.
I've just done it now......looked on YOUTUBE and there was SEVEN NIGHTS TO ROCK from the live Amsterdam gig, JUST HAD to watch it and it was fantastic.

I'm so two faced, whats the matter with me.......how do you all feel on this subject?

CMUK
Back to top Go down
steb74

steb74

PostSubject: Re: Mobile Phones at Gigs - Good or Bad?   Mobile Phones at Gigs - Good or Bad? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 3:11 pm

I too have similar feelings about it.
There is something very annoying and blood boiling when you are at a concert and have to watch it through the lens of somebody elses camera.
However....yeah, I'm always checking for new videos and do feel like a hypocrite.
I must contemplate this with Conan on the tree of woe Question
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Mobile Phones at Gigs - Good or Bad?   Mobile Phones at Gigs - Good or Bad? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 12:09 am

I was in the front row of the balcony at Brixton. It was amazing how many mobile phone screens i could see lit up in the crowd below.

But then, everyone is after a momento of some sort, so, as long as they aren`t stopping anyone elses enjoyment, it`s all good stuff. I too look on youtube to see what has been posted, sometimes the clips are crap, sometimes a real gem turns up...

Dave
Back to top Go down
Le Hub'

Le Hub'

PostSubject: Re: Mobile Phones at Gigs - Good or Bad?   Mobile Phones at Gigs - Good or Bad? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 2:51 pm

Crazy Mixed Up Kid (super name, fantastic track !) don't worry : you are not alone in this case ! I think we might a lot of "two faced"...
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: Mobile Phones at Gigs - Good or Bad?   Mobile Phones at Gigs - Good or Bad? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 3:30 pm

If you know what you're doing as a photographer, it's probably less annoying to those around you. I am going to try to not use a camera during the next Setzer show I attend, or at least limit the number of pics I take, as I am photographically challenged.

Digital cameras are great, but I find myself missing a lot more of the show, lining up the shot through the viewfinder, shooting it, looking at the camera display, deciding the shot's too blurry, and then trying the same shot again. Over and over. Sadly, I feel most of the shutterbugs in the audience aren't much more competent than I. I know it annoys those around me, and when the guy in front of me raises his arms above his head to shoot one of those prayer shots (I pray the Cats are in the frame) 27 different times, it tends to bug me as well. Of course, when you're in the front row, those problems tend to go away.

I just need to go to shows where Tommy or Andi are in attendance, and then I know the photos are covered!

Shake it like a polaroid-a-billy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mobile Phones at Gigs - Good or Bad?   Mobile Phones at Gigs - Good or Bad? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mobile Phones at Gigs - Good or Bad?
Page 1 of 1