Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Has anyone heard any news about UK gigs?

Go down 
+3
Le Hub'
wee mark
Carbon Cat UK
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Carbon Cat UK

Carbon Cat UK

Has anyone heard any news about UK gigs? Empty
PostSubject: Has anyone heard any news about UK gigs?   Has anyone heard any news about UK gigs? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 3:15 pm

I know it's early days with Slim Jim still trying to get his arm back to full strenth and healed,but I just wondered if there had been anything on the grapevine about whether or not they (Stray Cats) will re-tour the UK again. I suppose I am just dreaming at the moment and hoping. If by any chance Brian reads this (Just reconsider baby) that was a song I think?
Here's Hoping!!!!
CC/UK cat cat cat cat Razz
Back to top Go down
wee mark

wee mark

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone heard any news about UK gigs?   Has anyone heard any news about UK gigs? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 11:11 pm

I think its too early,to be dreaming of a return.

Wee.
Back to top Go down
Le Hub'

Le Hub'

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone heard any news about UK gigs?   Has anyone heard any news about UK gigs? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 11:58 pm

Even if it's a little early, dreaming is very important... So keep on ! Cool
Back to top Go down
Setzerado

Setzerado

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone heard any news about UK gigs?   Has anyone heard any news about UK gigs? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 12:18 am

It's early and there is the Oz farewell to come.
Then will probably come the Japan farewell and then the US farewell...
At this moment, before closing definitely the book, I'm sure the Cats will be back in UK to play their last gigs so many fans are still waitin' for and... Because it would be big to end where they "really" start : in England !
I remember Brian saying : "I'd like to end the Stray Cats the way we started it"
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone heard any news about UK gigs?   Has anyone heard any news about UK gigs? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 1:05 am

Firstly, anyone who would be entrusted with that kind of inside information would not be reckless enough to discuss it on a public message board. Secondly, Slim Jim himself said just last week that the Australia/New Zealand dates are the ONLY planned dates at this time.

A couple of people around here knew about the August Spain dates back in January - months before they were confirmed and announced. But you never saw anything about it here. And even those dates were confirmed and removed a couple of times as they re-worked some of the details with the promoter. No promoter in their right mind would book dates for a band whose drummer has yet to start physical therapy on their wrist. That's just irresponsible. I expect nothing will even attempt to be scheduled until 2009.

Best wishes to Jim as continues his recovery.
Back to top Go down
JB-IsleOfMan

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone heard any news about UK gigs?   Has anyone heard any news about UK gigs? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 4:55 pm

+1 to every post in this thread so far.

I'll keep my eyes peeled for any announcement, but I'm not going to hassle anyone.

Meanwhile, I'll keep treating my body well in case I need to sell or rent any part of it when & if the tickets come out!

JB
Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone heard any news about UK gigs?   Has anyone heard any news about UK gigs? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 5:09 pm

That's the same way I feel about my kidneys.

Kid.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kidsetzer
Carbon Cat UK

Carbon Cat UK

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone heard any news about UK gigs?   Has anyone heard any news about UK gigs? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 1:53 pm

Yeh! I'm gonna keep hoping and checking the internet,but I know that it's not going to be in the near future.
I just want it to happen one day after coming so close to the real thing.
CC/UK Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone heard any news about UK gigs?   Has anyone heard any news about UK gigs? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Has anyone heard any news about UK gigs?
Page 1 of 1