Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bike and Car pics

Go down 
+8
Kid Setzer
sidelake bob
pony65k
Kiki
Pinkpiratekitty
webelvis
tvthewiredturtle
Brett
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Brett

Brett

Bike and Car pics Empty
PostSubject: Bike and Car pics   Bike and Car pics Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 12:15 am

YES, i love Car & Bike Threads...
this is my bike.
HD FLT of 1981. A youngtimer...! Late Shovelhead motor inside. Now with 88 cubicinch
The frame is nearly the same HD uses for E-Glide and Road King in these days.

It´s my 4th Harley. I started with a sportster and I´m still a Sportster Fan.
Really cool bikes, but for long distance rides a little uncomfortable.

That´s why i bought in 2003 this bike. I rebuilt the motor (together with my friend, a prof. mechanic)
and did some changes in the ingnition system and change the carburator. Now i use a S&S Super E.
Riding is very smooth. Not too fast, but enough power for the highway.

Bike and Car pics FLTWWR

So, thats mine. Just one bike.
But i`m sure here are lot of diehard Car fans with cool Hot Rod cars.

Cheers

Brett
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rhythm56
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

Bike and Car pics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bike and Car pics   Bike and Car pics Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 10:19 am

Brett wrote:
YES, i love Car & Bike Threads...
this is my bike.
HD FLT of 1981. A youngtimer...! Late Shovelhead motor inside. Now with 88 cubicinch
The frame is nearly the same HD uses for E-Glide and Road King in these days.

It´s my 4th Harley. I started with a sportster and I´m still a Sportster Fan.
Really cool bikes, but for long distance rides a little uncomfortable.

That´s why i bought in 2003 this bike. I rebuilt the motor (together with my friend, a prof. mechanic)
and did some changes in the ingnition system and change the carburator. Now i use a S&S Super E.
Riding is very smooth. Not too fast, but enough power for the highway.

Bike and Car pics FLTWWR

So, thats mine. Just one bike.
But i`m sure here are lot of diehard Car fans with cool Hot Rod cars.

Cheers

Brett

sweet! what a ride.
How many miles you got in the ol' saddle?
I still keep my motorcycle license current but kind of had to give that up
when I became family guy. the old buick lets the whole family cruise although
I still dream of a cool lil' bobber like Setzers (hey look he's dress normal!)
Bike and Car pics IMG_1484

but more like this (wow..now I'm jone'sn)
Bike and Car pics Triumph_bobber8

btw..anyone know who this cat is from the 98' setzer tour, is he one of us?
Bike and Car pics 2483388498_69b8e8579a
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
webelvis

webelvis

Bike and Car pics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bike and Car pics   Bike and Car pics Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 12:08 pm

Cool Harley Brett!!

This is my "bike":
Bike and Car pics Dsci4510
Hey, I'm 15!
The only motorized vehicle I would be allowed to drive is a moped, but I more wanted to take flying lessons than learning how to ride a moped.

Last edited by webelvis on Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Just correcting some faults)
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockabillyswingjazz
Brett

Brett

Bike and Car pics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bike and Car pics   Bike and Car pics Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 1:01 pm

@TV, i ride since 2003 around 25.000mls with that bike. It is not a record, but ok for an european Harley Driver.
(a lot of guys just drive to the next coffeshop but wearing clothes with higher value than my Bike)

The first years it runs in the US, and man this guy drove a lot of miles.
Around 100.000mls (the tachometer start again at 0)
After that a german guy bought it and bring it to germany. But he didn`t ride so much. He had to do some work, but he never started.
When i bought the bike the motor need 1qt. oil per 65mls... Rolling Eyes
But who cares, saddlebags were big enough the first 3 years... Cool
But 2006 i start to rebuld the motor. New pistons, cylinder (S&S good US quality),
new valves, crankbalance, etc..
Now it´s running very good.

Oh, i know these pics of the Setzer Bobber. very nice bikes
Bobber style is really cool especialy with the british engine.
Does he still riding and cruisin?
I read somewhere because of healthproblems he sold some beauties out of his garage.

@webby: yeah man , real hot rod style... Laughing

B

Last edited by Brett on Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:17 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : mistakes and wrong memories...i get old...)
Back to top Go down
Pinkpiratekitty

Pinkpiratekitty

Bike and Car pics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bike and Car pics   Bike and Car pics Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 1:07 pm

Here are my babies: a 1950 Olds Futuramic, and a Honda Shadow . My hubby has a Triumph Scrambler
Bike and Car pics Olds12

Bike and Car pics 01010
Back to top Go down
webelvis

webelvis

Bike and Car pics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bike and Car pics   Bike and Car pics Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 1:14 pm

Cool stuff PPK!
How far are you with restoring the car?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockabillyswingjazz
Pinkpiratekitty

Pinkpiratekitty

Bike and Car pics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bike and Car pics   Bike and Car pics Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 8:10 pm

I have the back seat out and am reupholstering it. We've done some mechanical stuff (brakes, mainly). I drove it to work the other day. I just love it. I know that if something goes wrong with it, it pretty easy (for the most part) to figure out. My usual car I drive has to be hooked up to a computer to tell what is wrong with it. We dont have as much done as we wanted. It seems like every weekend we either have some wedding or party to go to, or it's just too damn hot. We have another wedding this Saturday, but are gonna haul ass on it on Sunday. I think we're going to replace some of the wiring. It has the original cloth covered wire still on it - I had never seen that before. Shocked

Love your bike by the way!! I have a really cool cruiser that's hot pink pearl, with martini glasses and bowling pins on it. I haven't rode it for a long time - knee problems Crying or Very sad

PPK cat
Back to top Go down
Kiki

Kiki

Bike and Car pics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bike and Car pics   Bike and Car pics Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 3:07 pm

My 1974 Checker; had it for 17 years:

Bike and Car pics Killer1
Back to top Go down
pony65k

pony65k

Bike and Car pics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bike and Car pics   Bike and Car pics Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 4:40 pm

Here's my second baby (my wife is the first)

Bike and Car pics 4jkpdx

Hence the username. Pity we lost all these great threads from the other board Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/pony65k
Brett

Brett

Bike and Car pics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bike and Car pics   Bike and Car pics Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 6:31 am

@Kiki & Pony: cool cars.

Kiki, your car is from 1972? Looks awesome and really vintage.

What kind of car is it exactly?

(I`m not an expert in US cars, sorry)

B
Back to top Go down
Kiki

Kiki

Bike and Car pics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bike and Car pics   Bike and Car pics Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 6:58 am

Brett wrote:
@Kiki & Pony: cool cars.

Kiki, your car is from 1972? Looks awesome and really vintage.

What kind of car is it exactly?

(I`m not an expert in US cars, sorry)

B

It's a 1974 Checker A-11. Checker made taxi cabs from 1922 through 1982. This model was produced from the mid-50s until they stopped production, which means it had 1950's technology with only the minimum upgrades to meet government regulations each year.

The car's name is "Killer" and it had an IHRA pro-stock motor in it (long story), Rockford-Fosgates, Alpine and whatever else was big at the time. I miss it to this day, but really like the convenience of modern design in the newer cars. That said, nothing, and I mean nothing out there could beat it from a standing start.
Back to top Go down
sidelake bob

sidelake bob

Bike and Car pics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bike and Car pics   Bike and Car pics Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 1:34 pm

My car.

Bike and Car pics Flygfest-001-1237731
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

Bike and Car pics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bike and Car pics   Bike and Car pics Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 2:44 pm

This is fun seein' all your rides!! sweet.

sold a gretsch to have this repainted to try to sell it faster..ha..its still for sale but I'm drivin it till
they pry my cold brokenhearted hands from the wheel and put cash in em. Smile

Bike and Car pics L_cc29e728310e4240af58a902b15cd501
Back to top Go down
Pinkpiratekitty

Pinkpiratekitty

Bike and Car pics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bike and Car pics   Bike and Car pics Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 3:11 pm

Beautiful TV!
Back to top Go down
pony65k

pony65k

Bike and Car pics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bike and Car pics   Bike and Car pics Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 3:22 pm

tvthewiredturtle wrote:

sold a gretsch to have this repainted to try to sell it faster..ha..its still for sale but I'm drivin it till

Wicked ride TV, for us non American folk, what is it? Love the flat black paint. What's under the hood?
Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

Bike and Car pics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bike and Car pics   Bike and Car pics Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 3:44 pm

Hmmmm.. seeing all your great rides has made me reconsider my next purchase.. I WAS going to by a brand new car (something zippy and small like a 2008 Mazda 2).. HOWEVER, I'd much rather use that AU$16,000 on a vintage car.. but I'm only a student so I'd need something that was already clean and ready to go, without too much cost involved... also with fuel prices the way they are I'm only really interested in a 4 cylinder, any cool vintage cars that are 4 cylinders?

I'm a fan of mainly pre-1960's type cars.. just love that shape.. At the moment I have two cars (look, the second purchase was a spontanious moment of mine), but they're only Japanese 4 cylinders.. actually one of them is only 3 cylinders, but I'm always worried that I can't make it up steep hills Razz

Kid.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kidsetzer
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

Bike and Car pics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bike and Car pics   Bike and Car pics Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 4:05 pm

pony65k wrote:
tvthewiredturtle wrote:

Wicked ride TV, for us non American folk, what is it? Love the flat black paint. What's under the hood?

sure thing:
she's ( jezebel ) a 1954 Buick Century sedan shaved and dropped. 322 rebuilt nailhead
with a Holly electric fuel pump into an Edlebrock 600cmf 4barrel. automatic dynaglide trans.
Bike and Car pics L_190980d5264845ffbc6ae1bdcb8958c2
Back to top Go down
Pinkpiratekitty

Pinkpiratekitty

Bike and Car pics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bike and Car pics   Bike and Car pics Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 10:23 pm

Kid Setzer wrote:
Hmmmm.. seeing all your great rides has made me reconsider my next purchase.. I WAS going to by a brand new car (something zippy and small like a 2008 Mazda 2).. HOWEVER, I'd much rather use that AU$16,000 on a vintage car.. but I'm only a student so I'd need something that was already clean and ready to go, without too much cost involved... also with fuel prices the way they are I'm only really interested in a 4 cylinder, any cool vintage cars that are 4 cylinders?

I'm a fan of mainly pre-1960's type cars.. just love that shape.. At the moment I have two cars (look, the second purchase was a spontanious moment of mine), but they're only Japanese 4 cylinders.. actually one of them is only 3 cylinders, but I'm always worried that I can't make it up steep hills Razz

Kid.

We used to own a chevy sprint with 3 cylinders. We bought it the year we got married (1986). My brother-in-law is still driving it daily if you can imagine that!

If you're going to buy a vintage car ready-to-go here you're looking at about $35K to start, at least where I live. And that's for one that is not custom, has a lot of a NOS parts. I'd been looking for a while before I bought my Olds. The car that I would have bought if I had the money was a fully restored 1955 Chevy Nomad (station wagon), but it was $65k - a little out of my price range. Wink

PPk
Back to top Go down
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

Bike and Car pics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bike and Car pics   Bike and Car pics Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 6:18 am

Pinkpiratekitty wrote:

If you're going to buy a vintage car ready-to-go here you're looking at about $35K to start, at least where I live. And that's for one that is not custom, has a lot of a NOS parts. I'd been looking for a while before I bought my Olds. The car that I would have bought if I had the money was a fully restored 1955 Chevy Nomad (station wagon), but it was $65k - a little out of my price range. Wink

PPk

I'd give my eye teeth for a '55 Nomad! Ahhhhhhh yeah. Too bad my budget comes in way under 65k for a car. Hubby and I have been talking about selling our 72 Chevelle convertible (matching numbers), and going a couple of decades older. I told him I'd definitely get my hands dirty over a 55 Chevy. Looking for the project car, as we have the 454 big block sitting in the garage, just waiting for a good home. Very Happy

Take care all,
hrg
Back to top Go down
Pinkpiratekitty

Pinkpiratekitty

Bike and Car pics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bike and Car pics   Bike and Car pics Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 4:38 pm

Hey HRG - just check on ebay all the time. I came across my beauty just five minutes after it was posted and bought her. The seller had about 30 photos and a video of all the parts of the car, and a video of the car driving. She even did a video of the car being loaded on the carrier when it was shipped out. If there hadn't been so much detail of the car, I probably wouldn't have bought it. I still think that they didn't know what they had. I'm reupoholstering it myself, and the original foam and material all had the paper tag with the part numbers still attached inside when I unwrapped it. It was pretty cool!

pirat cat
Back to top Go down
pony65k

pony65k

Bike and Car pics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bike and Car pics   Bike and Car pics Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 5:07 pm

Pinkpiratekitty wrote:
Hey HRG - just check on ebay all the time. I came across my beauty just five minutes after it was posted and bought her. The seller had about 30 photos and a video of all the parts of the car, and a video of the car driving. She even did a video of the car being loaded on the carrier when it was shipped out. If there hadn't been so much detail of the car, I probably wouldn't have bought it. I still think that they didn't know what they had. I'm reupoholstering it myself, and the original foam and material all had the paper tag with the part numbers still attached inside when I unwrapped it. It was pretty cool!

pirat cat

Hey PPK, sounds like you had a great find. Congrats!!! We look forward to pics galore.

René
Back to top Go down
Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete

Bike and Car pics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bike and Car pics   Bike and Car pics Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 6:46 pm

Hey crew,
Some of my stuff...Bike and Car pics P3160432Bike and Car pics P3200436Bike and Car pics DSC01069

Some garage shots....Bike and Car pics DSC01077Bike and Car pics DSC01075Bike and Car pics DSC01074

Bike and Car pics DSC01076Bike and Car pics DSC01073Bike and Car pics DSC01068

Bike and Car pics DSC01072Bike and Car pics DSC01071Bike and Car pics DSC01070

That's an original 1969 Ford XT GT Falcon 302W Toploader, 1966 Ford XR Falcon 500 Wagon and 1966 Ford XR Falcon 500 Sleeper,

Cheers Pete.
Back to top Go down
enjay07

Bike and Car pics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bike and Car pics   Bike and Car pics Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 9:15 pm

My first car when I was 16 was a 71 Chevelle (not a convertible), but 2 tone hardtop. Medium blue below, and bright white up top. Two doors. Only 19,000 ORIGINAL miles. Purchased new by a little old lady who kept it parked in a garage, and only drove it to church & the grocery store for about 14 yrs until I inheirited the gem. While expecting a fire engine red, convertible, 5-speed, Mustang for my 16 b-day....I was quickly lassoed & drug back to earth to my BRAND NEW CAR....the 71 Chevelle. Ok..so not what I was expecting.
Turns out neither my folks nor I got what I wanted out of that car. 1st day of school I had guys crawling all over me to find out about my "cool car." I came home asking my dad, "What's she got under the hood, dad?" etc etc. Suddenly he's figured out this is a "guy-gettin'" car. Just a different kind of guy than what my previous "target market" thad been..

Let me just stop & sat right now...If I can find a picture of this beautiful baby I will share her. Unfortunately she had a little accident one day & things changed.

I have to stop writing this e-mail now, because I'm having some vision problems, where the words seem to be bouncing all over the screen and quite frankly I can't read them very well. Doesn't sound very well....does it. Maybe you'll want to have someone from the board check on me in the morning. Ha ha! When my children run out of food, pop & toilet paper....they'll call their grandpaernts, no worries!!j
later!
~nj
Back to top Go down
sidelake bob

sidelake bob

Bike and Car pics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bike and Car pics   Bike and Car pics Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 9:29 am

pony65k wrote:
Here's my second baby (my wife is the first)

Bike and Car pics 4jkpdx

Hence the username. Pity we lost all these great threads from the other board Evil or Very Mad

I love your car Rene, Is it 100% Original?
Back to top Go down
WildCat

WildCat

Bike and Car pics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bike and Car pics   Bike and Car pics Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 12:45 pm

pony65k wrote:

Bike and Car pics 4jkpdx

w00t! Where's my towel?!?! Wink

cat
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/wildcat794
Sponsored content

Bike and Car pics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bike and Car pics   Bike and Car pics Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bike and Car pics
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next