Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bike and Car pics

Go down 
+8
Kid Setzer
sidelake bob
pony65k
Kiki
Pinkpiratekitty
webelvis
tvthewiredturtle
Brett
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
pony65k

pony65k

Bike and Car pics - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bike and Car pics   Bike and Car pics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 3:43 pm

sidelake bob wrote:
I love your car Rene, Is it 100% Original?

Hi Bob.

Thanks for that, but no, not 100% or a survivor. It was last resprayed in 81 but the paint still shines strong. The door skins are reproductions and she's had a floor panel replaced. Apart from that she's still got the original motor, transmission and running gear and parts.

WildCat wrote:
w00t! Where's my towel?!?! Wink

cat

Hey WildCat Razz Razz Razz are we gonna replay the whole gag? Wink

You're a crack up Very Happy

RenéaPony
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/pony65k
Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete

PostSubject: Re: Bike and Car pics   Bike and Car pics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 5:20 pm

Original owner Rene? I mean you're 42 and all!! hahahahaa!!!
Back to top Go down
Pinkpiratekitty

Pinkpiratekitty

PostSubject: Re: Bike and Car pics   Bike and Car pics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 6:03 pm

Hey Pete - tongue
Back to top Go down
pony65k

pony65k

PostSubject: Re: Bike and Car pics   Bike and Car pics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 7:28 pm

Pistol Pete wrote:

I totally agree with PPK Pete tongue
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/pony65k
Pinkpiratekitty

Pinkpiratekitty

PostSubject: Re: Bike and Car pics   Bike and Car pics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 9:42 pm

My hubby (then boyfriend) and I were going to restore his 65. It was a fastback with Shelby rear quarter windows, side scoops, fiberglass hood scoop, with a cobra gas cap (my hubby's description, I have no idea what all that means). We disassembled it, put every little piece in separate little marked bags. Had everything off it, and then decided it would take too long and too much money to restore it. We sold it that way to some guy I worked with. He had the money and time to finish it. I just kinda noticed today that it looked the same as the one we had, don't know why I didn't before. Anyway - to make a long story short - Nice car!!

cat pirat
Back to top Go down
Kiki

Kiki

PostSubject: Re: Bike and Car pics   Bike and Car pics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 7:06 am

Kid Setzer wrote:
Hmmmm.. seeing all your great rides has made me reconsider my next purchase.. I WAS going to by a brand new car (something zippy and small like a 2008 Mazda 2).. HOWEVER, I'd much rather use that AU$16,000 on a vintage car.. but I'm only a student so I'd need something that was already clean and ready to go, without too much cost involved... also with fuel prices the way they are I'm only really interested in a 4 cylinder, any cool vintage cars that are 4 cylinders?

I'm a fan of mainly pre-1960's type cars.. just love that shape.. At the moment I have two cars (look, the second purchase was a spontanious moment of mine), but they're only Japanese 4 cylinders.. actually one of them is only 3 cylinders, but I'm always worried that I can't make it up steep hills Razz

Kid.

One cautionary word about owning a vintage vehicle. You have to do the research on available parts and the expense before you buy anything not currently in production. Having owned 2 "orphaned" cars I can tell you that it's not fun to try to find a propriatary part for a golden oldie. I once had to track down a 3-speed transmission for a '63 International pick-up truck. The one (and only one available) I found was sitting a mud puddle at the parts yard and had to be reconditioned, but was better than what was in the truck. If you have the stomach for that kind of thing, then owning a vintage car may be for you. If not, stay with a new one that you can take to a dealer.

Older vehicles used different materials and were produced to different standards than today's cars. You may have to repaint and renew materials routinely. Some people love working on their cars and chasing parts, but if that's not what get's you revved up, stay with the new cars.
Back to top Go down
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

PostSubject: Re: Bike and Car pics   Bike and Car pics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 7:36 am

enjay07 wrote:
My first car when I was 16 was a 71 Chevelle (not a convertible), but 2 tone hardtop. Medium blue below, and bright white up top. Two doors. Only 19,000 ORIGINAL miles. Purchased new by a little old lady who kept it parked in a garage, and only drove it to church & the grocery store for about 14 yrs until I inheirited the gem. While expecting a fire engine red, convertible, 5-speed, Mustang for my 16 b-day....I was quickly lassoed & drug back to earth to my BRAND NEW CAR....the 71 Chevelle. Ok..so not what I was expecting.
Turns out neither my folks nor I got what I wanted out of that car. 1st day of school I had guys crawling all over me to find out about my "cool car." I came home asking my dad, "What's she got under the hood, dad?" etc etc. Suddenly he's figured out this is a "guy-gettin'" car. Just a different kind of guy than what my previous "target market" thad been..

Let me just stop & sat right now...If I can find a picture of this beautiful baby I will share her. Unfortunately she had a little accident one day & things changed.

I have to stop writing this e-mail now, because I'm having some vision problems, where the words seem to be bouncing all over the screen and quite frankly I can't read them very well. Doesn't sound very well....does it. Maybe you'll want to have someone from the board check on me in the morning. Ha ha! When my children run out of food, pop & toilet paper....they'll call their grandpaernts, no worries!!j
later!
~nj

LOL! You're parents must have been thinking that they just couldn't win with getting you a car.

Our first Chevelle was a'72 hard top. It was a dog of a car, not much of a "runner", (if memory serves me correctly, it had a 307 small block. Couple that with a "quadrabog" carburetor, and it really disappointed at the drag strip) But it was in fairly decent shape, and it was the hubby's (then boyfriend) affordable car at the moment. We sold it about 10 years later, after we dropped a 350 in her and made her run respectable. We wound up selling it back to his dad, who put a little more work in it, and made a pretty decent little profit on it.

I felt bad though, on our way driving up from GA, we stopped in IN to see some old college friends. Went out drinking, I was the designated driver. Long story short, we stopped at the infamous LaBamba's for burritos at 2 am, and lo and behold...I get food poisoning! I guess I should've been drinking that night! Anyway, we made the rest of the trip back north with me green and sick in the front of the car. Not good. Here's your car, never mind the slight stench of vomit....Shocked

Anyway, hope you're feeling ok, and the whole vision thing wasn't too serious!

Take care,
hrg
Back to top Go down
WildCat

WildCat

PostSubject: Re: Bike and Car pics   Bike and Car pics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 1:13 pm

pony65k wrote:
WildCat wrote:
w00t! Where's my towel?!?! Wink

cat

Hey WildCat Razz Razz Razz are we gonna replay the whole gag? Wink

You're a crack up Very Happy

RenéaPony
Nah, I think I was succinct enough that we don't have to! Wink

cat
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/wildcat794
sidelake bob

sidelake bob

PostSubject: Re: Bike and Car pics   Bike and Car pics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 8:13 am

Pistol Pete wrote:

lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bike and Car pics   Bike and Car pics - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bike and Car pics
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2