Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

BSO - It's Gonna Rock... on CD

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

BSO - It's Gonna Rock... on CD Empty
PostSubject: BSO - It's Gonna Rock... on CD   BSO - It's Gonna Rock... on CD Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 5:09 pm

Hello my friends,
has any of you received the CD so far?? or even a better question, has any of you placed the order through Surfdog's website??

I was about to do so, but the shipping charges to Spain were 36 USD, so that I wrote to the customer service and that I could place the order directly by email, as those shipping charges were wrong... it's been nearly 3 weeks since I've placed my order but no response at all. I wrote them again to ask about my order, but still without a response.

Any ideas...???
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: BSO - It's Gonna Rock... on CD   BSO - It's Gonna Rock... on CD Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 9:53 pm

I ordered it through Surfdog's website back in November, and immediately received a code to download the album while I waited for the CD. I received the CD about 2 weeks ago. Pretty good turn around time for me, but I live in the US.

Maybe if you have a US connection, they could get it and send it to you. But if you've already ordered it through Surfdog, certainly you deserve to have received it by now, even with the busy holiday postal season.

Good luck!

Snail Mail-a-billy
Back to top Go down
laurent327

laurent327

PostSubject: Re: BSO - It's Gonna Rock... on CD   BSO - It's Gonna Rock... on CD Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 11:47 pm

shipping cost for France : 36 USD (just a scam, shame to surfdog)

that's how to encourage illegal download
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BSO - It's Gonna Rock... on CD   BSO - It's Gonna Rock... on CD Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 3:32 am

Hello Rickabilly,
thanks for the information.

As Laurent says, the postage through the web was 36 USD, quite a lot! That's why I write, just to be sure. The customer service said that this amout was no way the postage, so that if I wanted, I could place the order with them... and I did... but no answer yet.

I was expecting a Japanese version, but they told me there wasn't going to be any.

In any case, I can wait at the moment.
Back to top Go down
laurent327

laurent327

PostSubject: Re: BSO - It's Gonna Rock... on CD   BSO - It's Gonna Rock... on CD Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 3:40 am

Order total preview: Subtotal: $18.00
International Flatrate Shipping: $36.00
Order total: $54.00
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: BSO - It's Gonna Rock... on CD   BSO - It's Gonna Rock... on CD Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 7:30 am

Laurent is quoting the Surfdog website, which Jon has already confirmed is incorrect. If you deal with Surfdog directly, as Jon has, you should get a much better price for overseas shipping.

I have had problems with Surfdog's website in the past - the last time was with ordering Lonely Avenue, where the shopping cart kept changing. They took the site down and fixed the problems after a day or two, but in the meantime, they allowed me to place my order via telephone (I could have also completed it via email). They were very attentive, and followed up with emails to make sure I received everything OK. While it would have been nice for everything to work perfectly on the website, I do feel they handled the situation very professionally with enough of a personal touch to make me feel like a valued customer.

It's too bad a clerical error lists this ridculous shipping amount, and that they haven't corrected it yet. Don't they realize Brian's popularity is perhaps greater overseas than it is here? If they haven't driven too many people away with this error, they could probably sell quite a few copies overseas just by correcting the shipping costs.

I encourage you to step out of the shadows of eCommerce, ditch the anonymous pointing and clicking, and talk to a real person, (or at least email.) I think you'll find the people at Surfdog pleasant and helpful.

Foreign Object-a-billy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BSO - It's Gonna Rock... on CD   BSO - It's Gonna Rock... on CD Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 2:26 pm

Aye, Laurent,
in that sense Rickabilly is right.

However, I've been waiting for 2 weeks for a reply... so, I don't know what might be going on. Maybe they are tied up with Christmas things... anyway, let's be patient!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BSO - It's Gonna Rock... on CD   BSO - It's Gonna Rock... on CD Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 4:27 pm

Yay!
Finally got the CD!!

BTW, for those of you who have the curiosity to see how it looks like, just check my blog. Last week I added Christmas Comes Alive, The Hits (promo CD), and some lyrics ;-)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BSO - It's Gonna Rock... on CD   BSO - It's Gonna Rock... on CD Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BSO - It's Gonna Rock... on CD
Page 1 of 1