Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dion interview - new 50's Tribute album out Sept 30th

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

Dion interview - new 50's Tribute album out Sept 30th Empty
PostSubject: Dion interview - new 50's Tribute album out Sept 30th   Dion interview - new 50's Tribute album out Sept 30th Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 10:17 am

Thankfully, I'm not talking about Celine Dion.

Here's a great article/interview with Dion DiMucci, who has always been a favorite of mine. He has a new album coming out Tuesday that pays tribute to 50s rock-n-roll. These days, it's a bit uncommon to have a 50's tribute performed by someone who was actually there. I'm looking forward to it.

Dion Interview

There are some great stories and observations regarding Buddy Holly, Eddie Cochran, and even Conan O'Brien. There's a lot of cool stuff coming out Tuesday. Looks like I might have to make room for this one.

Wanderer-billy
Back to top Go down
Pinkpiratekitty

Pinkpiratekitty

PostSubject: Re: Dion interview - new 50's Tribute album out Sept 30th   Dion interview - new 50's Tribute album out Sept 30th Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 3:03 pm

Very cool! Thanks for the info - I'll probably buy it.

I wonder how many other "plane crash anniversary" type of stuff will be happening next year.
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: Dion interview - new 50's Tribute album out Sept 30th   Dion interview - new 50's Tribute album out Sept 30th Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 3:18 pm

I posted back on Buddy's birthday about a 3-CD set put out by Geffen/Universal that was supposed to be out in October. I just read today that the release date has been pushed back to January - just in time for the 50th.

I live about 5 hours from Clear Lake, and would love to be at the Surf next February. Alas, the tickets for that 4-day festival sold out rather quickly. The Crickets are scheduled to perform. I still might check it out anyway. I'll bet the town will be hoppin'.

Tommy Allsup, Buddy's guitarist on It's So Easy and the Winter Dance Party tour is doing a small 3-city tour in WI, MN, and IA in January at places they visited on that tour back in 1959.

I'm sure this is just the tip of the iceberg. A team of Holly enthusiasts has been working on a documentary of the tour, but they have been harrassed by Holly's widow, so I don't know if they'll make their 2009 deadline. One of the things they're hoping for is access to the only surviving photos of that fateful night in Clear Lake. It's a long shot, but this may be the last significant anniversary that will grab enough attention to interest the owner in making them available.

In case you couldn't tell, I really dig Buddy Holly.

Oh Boy-a-billy
Back to top Go down
Daddio

Daddio

PostSubject: Re: Dion interview - new 50's Tribute album out Sept 30th   Dion interview - new 50's Tribute album out Sept 30th Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 6:47 am

Bowzer (of Sha-Na-Na "fame") was selling a 50's collection on tv last night!
Back to top Go down
Le Hub'

Le Hub'

PostSubject: Re: Dion interview - new 50's Tribute album out Sept 30th   Dion interview - new 50's Tribute album out Sept 30th Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 2:07 pm

Thanks Rick. I've always been a Dion's fan (The Wanderer, not Celine).
Really clever interview...
"Rolling Stone magazine started in 1967, and they sometimes seem to think that rock started with the Beatles. And it started to get on my nerves, to be honest"
I can't say it better (or... In french !)
About Buddy, I'm glad to see the 50th birthday will ne celebrate and I hope some CD / DVD (s)...
Back to top Go down
Setzerado

Setzerado

PostSubject: Re: Dion interview - new 50's Tribute album out Sept 30th   Dion interview - new 50's Tribute album out Sept 30th Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 9:29 pm

Thanks Rick.
Dion is one of our last giant.
As Choochoo said, really "clever" interview !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dion interview - new 50's Tribute album out Sept 30th   Dion interview - new 50's Tribute album out Sept 30th Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dion interview - new 50's Tribute album out Sept 30th
Page 1 of 1