Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Unexplained Crop Circles on The Parade @ Maxim's Wine Bar Jan 30th.......

Go down 
+3
gretschoholic
JC
Pistol Pete
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete

Unexplained Crop Circles on The Parade @ Maxim's Wine Bar Jan 30th....... Empty
PostSubject: Unexplained Crop Circles on The Parade @ Maxim's Wine Bar Jan 30th.......   Unexplained Crop Circles on The Parade @ Maxim's Wine Bar Jan 30th....... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 3:55 am

Well I did it again! I blew another chance to do good, but instead decided to take all drinks that were offered to me on the night!!!!!!

I realized after watching the footage that I CAN'T play pissed!!

At least Rene had a good time.......

Unexplained Crop Circles on The Parade @ Maxim's Wine Bar Jan 30th....... P1300257... I'm laughing they're not!!!!!!!!.....Unexplained Crop Circles on The Parade @ Maxim's Wine Bar Jan 30th....... P1300244

Unexplained Crop Circles on The Parade @ Maxim's Wine Bar Jan 30th....... P1300245Unexplained Crop Circles on The Parade @ Maxim's Wine Bar Jan 30th....... P1310270Unexplained Crop Circles on The Parade @ Maxim's Wine Bar Jan 30th....... P1310282
And this is where I stayed most of the gig.... hidden away in the corner!!!!!Unexplained Crop Circles on The Parade @ Maxim's Wine Bar Jan 30th....... P1300240

I'm embaressed to post anything from that night!!!
Back to top Go down
JC

JC

PostSubject: Re: Unexplained Crop Circles on The Parade @ Maxim's Wine Bar Jan 30th.......   Unexplained Crop Circles on The Parade @ Maxim's Wine Bar Jan 30th....... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 6:03 am

Ah Pete,

Years ago I used to think I could play pissed as well until I heard a few desk tapes, wasn't pretty.
I had a huge fight with the Bass player following a gig coz he accused me of being to pissed to perform properly, turns out he was right.
The problem is you really do think you are playing great, till you hear it back later and realise how crap it was!

I had a medical checkup about 5 years ago and the Dr advised I cut back on my drinking after viewing the results of a Liver Function Test, so I just quit the grog completely!

Now I'm playing better than ever and wake up feeling great the next morning Very Happy

(This is starting to sound like an AA meeting!)

Cheers
John
Back to top Go down
http://www.raveon.fourfour.com
gretschoholic

gretschoholic

PostSubject: Re: Unexplained Crop Circles on The Parade @ Maxim's Wine Bar Jan 30th.......   Unexplained Crop Circles on The Parade @ Maxim's Wine Bar Jan 30th....... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 9:14 am

I guess we all have had "awakening moments" regarding drinking while on stage. Mine was in 1987, during a three-day stint in Bergen. We'd spent all of day two drinking, just waiting for showtime. I think I actually managed to get drunk twice before we were supposed to be on stage...

Anyway, I soon realized that I had (what seemed to be) two fingers on my left hand and at least eighteen strings. And the worst part was, I knew I was f***ing up things, but I could do nothing about it. So that was my last PWI. I don't mind having a couple of beers before, or during, or after the gig, but I'm usually the driver....

Anders
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/builtforspeedband
nietsk

PostSubject: Re: Unexplained Crop Circles on The Parade @ Maxim's Wine Bar Jan 30th.......   Unexplained Crop Circles on The Parade @ Maxim's Wine Bar Jan 30th....... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 1:08 pm

with my former band we used to have this 'joke' with the bar personal to get a bottle of whiskey. Worked everytime. But me and whiskey is a bad combination.. Rolling Eyes It happened a couple of times that the day after I heard we did 2 really well recieved come backs.. Laughing
I also remember our guitar player fell a sleep on stage after a new years party. Had some good laughs back then..
But I have to admid, watching a 'drunk' band is often very anoying..
Back to top Go down
pony65k

pony65k

PostSubject: Re: Unexplained Crop Circles on The Parade @ Maxim's Wine Bar Jan 30th.......   Unexplained Crop Circles on The Parade @ Maxim's Wine Bar Jan 30th....... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 1:52 pm

That's quite funny Pete because I didn't notice. I thought you all played great and so did Anu, but I know you're very harsh on yourself. It was quite funny, Salvy was always trying to coax you out from your little corner. Maybe my ears a re stuffed if you thought it was that bad??

René
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/pony65k
Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete

PostSubject: Re: Unexplained Crop Circles on The Parade @ Maxim's Wine Bar Jan 30th.......   Unexplained Crop Circles on The Parade @ Maxim's Wine Bar Jan 30th....... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 2:32 pm

Thanks guys,
I gotta admit that the gig was during a 6 day 42+ degree heatwave and a cold beer sure was tempting! I wasn't over the top pissed but more like "10 beer hand-fretboard unco-ordinated, didn't check my amp settings" drunk. You know the one...

And our singer was a little tipsy too! We decided to open with Rising Sun and he got lost in the song and called it short! Threw us all off! He realized and got his shit together asap! I took a little longer! The show was good, I had heaps of great feedback and people had a blast. It wasn't a look at those drunk guys trying to play kinda gigs, we've all been to those, just know I could of done better. A few beers before and during, but no more getting pissed before.

Cheers Pete
Back to top Go down
Brent

Brent

PostSubject: Re: Unexplained Crop Circles on The Parade @ Maxim's Wine Bar Jan 30th.......   Unexplained Crop Circles on The Parade @ Maxim's Wine Bar Jan 30th....... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 8:16 pm

I feel your pain Pete...done the same before myself and always regretted it. No
Back to top Go down
http://tigersharks.ca
Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete

PostSubject: Re: Unexplained Crop Circles on The Parade @ Maxim's Wine Bar Jan 30th.......   Unexplained Crop Circles on The Parade @ Maxim's Wine Bar Jan 30th....... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 5:39 am

Just to give you an example of off timing/slurred notes/sloppy playing/not checking amp for settings and feedback........ and not realizing this at the time!!!!!

Back to top Go down
Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete

PostSubject: Re: Unexplained Crop Circles on The Parade @ Maxim's Wine Bar Jan 30th.......   Unexplained Crop Circles on The Parade @ Maxim's Wine Bar Jan 30th....... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 5:56 am

Back to top Go down
Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete

PostSubject: Re: Unexplained Crop Circles on The Parade @ Maxim's Wine Bar Jan 30th.......   Unexplained Crop Circles on The Parade @ Maxim's Wine Bar Jan 30th....... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 6:15 am

This last one goes out to Rene whom always has a kind word to say about us, no matter how bad I play!!

Be gentle people!

Cheers Pete
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Unexplained Crop Circles on The Parade @ Maxim's Wine Bar Jan 30th.......   Unexplained Crop Circles on The Parade @ Maxim's Wine Bar Jan 30th....... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 10:16 am

It was only 42 degrees? My fingers dont work on the fretboard at
that freezing temperature, sober. ..and how come you all talk so
funny between songs? Smile

btw.. thanks for sharing those clips, fun stuff
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
pony65k

pony65k

PostSubject: Re: Unexplained Crop Circles on The Parade @ Maxim's Wine Bar Jan 30th.......   Unexplained Crop Circles on The Parade @ Maxim's Wine Bar Jan 30th....... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 1:56 pm

tvthewiredturtle wrote:
that freezing temperature

That's 42 degrees C which is around 108 F

Hot-Pony (not in a good way)
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/pony65k
Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete

PostSubject: Re: Unexplained Crop Circles on The Parade @ Maxim's Wine Bar Jan 30th.......   Unexplained Crop Circles on The Parade @ Maxim's Wine Bar Jan 30th....... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 2:00 am

tvthewiredturtle wrote:

We talks proper English, that's why it sounds funny to you guys!! You can hear me thank Chris from the Saucermen for using his pedal board at the start of SCS. I enjoy the between song banter more than the playing at times.

it was also the first time I ever felt the fingerboard feel "grabby" for lack of a better word, could be the heat??

And Thanks everyone for not being too critical!!

Cheers Pete
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Unexplained Crop Circles on The Parade @ Maxim's Wine Bar Jan 30th.......   Unexplained Crop Circles on The Parade @ Maxim's Wine Bar Jan 30th....... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 8:12 am

Pistol Pete wrote:
tvthewiredturtle wrote:

it was also the first time I ever felt the fingerboard feel "grabby" for lack of a better word, could be the heat??

Cheers Pete

could be that your hands were sweating profusely from
A-L-C-O-H-O-L... poor guitar.. needs a fretboard bath immediately
with old english lemon oil.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete

PostSubject: Re: Unexplained Crop Circles on The Parade @ Maxim's Wine Bar Jan 30th.......   Unexplained Crop Circles on The Parade @ Maxim's Wine Bar Jan 30th....... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 7:08 pm

tvthewiredturtle wrote:
Pistol Pete wrote:
tvthewiredturtle wrote:

Cheers Pete

could be that your hands were sweating profusely from
A-L-C-O-H-O-L... poor guitar.. needs a fretboard bath immediately
with old english lemon oil.

Could be right there TV, gonna clean her up real good!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unexplained Crop Circles on The Parade @ Maxim's Wine Bar Jan 30th.......   Unexplained Crop Circles on The Parade @ Maxim's Wine Bar Jan 30th....... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Unexplained Crop Circles on The Parade @ Maxim's Wine Bar Jan 30th.......
Page 1 of 1